• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 22 Comments

It's Not Unusual - dramatic_spoon



a Day in the married life for Rainbow Dash and Time Turner.

  • ...
2
 22
 2,783

So I can't Deny...

Rainbow Dash rolled out of bed, falling onto the hard wooden floor, shocking her awake.

“OW!”

The mare jolted up, rubbing her head.

“I’m never going to get use to the stupid fl-”

The door opened and a light brown filly with a rainbow mane poked her head in.

“Are you OK, Mom?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine, Temp….Wait, why are you up so early?”

“It’s almost Eleven, mom.” The filly responded, “Dad had to go take care of something. Also, don’t forget that I’m staying at Lightning Ribbon’s tonight with Cream Pie, Stratos, Golden Breeze and…”

“Yeah, yeah, I know Temporal. Don’t forget to take the…” Rainbow Dash trailed off, “Wait, what time is it?”

“Almost Eleven.” Temporal responded.

“Dammit, I’m late!” Dash shot up and ran over to the mirror, frantically, combing her hair to look slightly neater.

“…So I can go right?” Temporal’s eyebrow rose.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t forget to feed Tank before you go.” Dash rushed over to the filly and gave her a kiss. “Behave for Uncle Lane, alright?”

“I know, Mom.”

With a whoosh, Dash flew out of the bedroom window, leaving Temporal behind. The filly pushed the door open, stepping fully into view. The earth filly trotted over the window and prepared to close it. A blue blur zoomed into the room and touched down on the bed. The colt gave Temporal a goofy smile.

“Hi Temp.”

“Stratos.” Temporal returned his greeting.

“Ready for tonight?”

“Uh-huh. Help me get the board games out.”

“Right,” Stratos nodded.

“Wait, shut the window first,” Temporal backtracked.

“Got it.”

---

Outside of Ponyville café, Cloudchaser, Flitter, and Rarity chatted. Flitter glanced at the clocktower.

“She’s late.”

“And you’re surprised…why?” Rarity chuckled.

“Well, she’s never late for this.” Flitter countered.

“She’s probably sleeping,” Cloudchaser rolled her eyes, “Even after having Temp, some things never change.”

“Speaking of kids, where’s Cumulus?”

“She’s with Grandma today,” Cloudchaser shrugged, “Mom wanted to spend some time with her youngest granddaughter. Strat’s staying at Flitter’s.”

“Oh right, the sleepover. Breeze seems excited about it.”

A blue blur swished by and came to a skidding stop in front of the group. Dash flashed the other mares an embarrassed grin as she took a seat next to Rarity.

“Sorry I’m late, overslept.”

“Called it,” Cloudchaser nudged her sister.

“That’s a sucker bet, sis.” The pegasus rolled her eyes, “Anyway, good to see you Dash.”

“Yeah, how’s TL?”

“He’s…doing well. As well as any pegasi healing from a broken wing is, anyway.” Flitter shrugged.

“I still don’t know how Strat and Breeze managed that.” Cloudchaser shook her head.

“Heh, from what Temp says, I really wish I was there to see it,” Dash chuckled.


“Ready to order?” the waiter trotted up and flashed a smile.

“I’ll take the avacado sandwich with hay fries.” Flitter responded.

“Egg and cucumber sandwich, please” Rarity responded.

“You guys still serving breakfast?” Dash asked. The waiter shook his head in response, “Then give me potatoes with grilled eggplant.”

“Strawberry and rhubarb pie,” Cloudchaser responded.

“Got it, would you like something to drink, ma’m?”

“I’m good.” Dash responded. The waiter nodded and left. Flitter gave her sister an amused smile.

“What?”

“No apples?” Flitter chuckled.

“After a certain point I thought I would get use to eating apples everyday.” Cloudchaser rolled her eyes, “I still haven’t.”

“Oh, that reminds me…” Rarity turned her attention to Dash, “Isn’t your Anniversary coming up?”

“It’s today.” Dash rolled her eyes, “and as usual, he forgot.”

Honestly,” Rarity scoffed, “That stallion would forget his head if it wasn’t screwed on right.”

“And even then he’d still lose it,” Cloudchaser added.

“Why, what’s he doing today?” Flitter ignored her sister.

“He had some work to take care of at the Mayor’s office,” Dash shrugged, “Ever since those political reforms went into effect, he’s been busy.”

“Thunderlane didn’t forget ours.” Flitter added.

“Sis, you work with him, he can’t.” Cloudchaser rolled her eyes, “Mac, on the other hoof, knows better.”

“Soarin’ remembers too.” Rarity continued, “He’s a sweet heart.”

Dash sighed and laid her head on the table, “You guys aren’t making me feel any better.”

“I know, after this, we’ll go back to the boutique and get you something that will make him remember,” Rarity grinned.

“…I don’t like how that sounds.” Dash frowned.

“Even after you got married and had a kid, you haven’t changed a bit, Dash.” Cloudchaser laughed.

“My aunt was big on that sort of thing,” Dash shook her head, “Every time my parents left me at her house; she would go and pull out a chest full of all this old clothes, and would dress me up in it.”

“…That explains a lot, actually” Rarity took a sip of water, “But I have much better plans for this…”

“Well-”

Dash was cut off as their food arrived.

“Regardless, we are doing this, Rainbow Dash.” Rarity continued, “No if, ands or buts.”

Dash shot the others a desperate look. Flitter giggled while a mischievous grin crept onto Cloudchaser’s face.

“….I’m doomed, aren’t I?”

“Oh yeah,” Cloudchaser grinned, “This isn’t my thing, but I’m not going to pass up an opportunity to see you look ridiculous.”

“…With friends like these, why do I have enemies.” Dash groaned again as the other laughed.

“Now, now, finish your potatoes and let’s get going.” Rarity stated as she picked up her sandwich, “We have a lot to do before he gets off of work tonight…”

“…I’m beginning to regret waking up this morning.” Dash sighed.

---

Later That day

Time Turner pushed opened the front door and trotted in.

“Dashie? Are you here?” He called out.

“Yeah, just give me a moment.”

“You wouldn’t believe the day I’ve had,” Time Turner sighed, “We had to reformat the mayor’s budget because she had a separate little thing put aside for repairs in the event of riots, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and ‘Twilight-Sparkle-goes-crazy-and-does-something-stupid.’ Can you beli…”

Time Turner trailed off as Dash left the bedroom. White, lacey stockings and panties clung to the mare’s body. Both ponies blushed as they caught each other’s eyes.

“Oh my giddy aunt.” Time Turner blinked.

“I told Rarity it was too much,” Dash rubbed behind the back of her leg.

“You didn’t even wear negligee that nice on our honeymoon,” Time Turner mused, “What’s the occasion?”

Dash’s expression quickly shifted from embarrassed to annoyance.

“Turner, I just spent my entire afternoon at Rarity’s place while she and the twins played dress-up with me, what do you think today is?”

“…My birthday?” the earth pony embarrassedly grinned.

“It’s our anniversary you thick-headed moron!” the mare yelled at him, “I don’t believe this, we’ve been married for ten years now and you still do-”

“I knew that.”

Dash stopped in midrant, and stared at the stallion “…what?”

“I said, I knew that.” Time Turners smile grew, “So I got Temporal out of the house.”

“…She said Ribbon’s the one who wanted to have a sleepover.” Dash frowned

“Who do you think gave here the idea?” Time Turner grinned.

Dash stared at the stallion for several moments.

“Are you telling me that you faked not knowing so that you could plan this?”

“Of course,” The stallion chuckled, “It’s the tenth anniversary, and I wanted to make sure we were alone for it.”

Dash trotted up over to the stallion and embraced him.

“I love you.”

“I love you too dear,” Time Turner chuckled, “I assume we don’t really have dinner, but I have a feeling we’re going to be eating soon.”

Dash placed her head against his and moved in to kiss him.

“Come here, you…”

“No…” Time Turner’s smile quickly became a playful grin as he pushed her mouth away, “Bedroom first.”

Dash’s own grin turned seductive as let go of him.

“You got it.”

The mare scooped up Time Turner and took off to the bedroom, disappearing from view.

“…I suppose ’ten seconds flat’ was worth something,” the stallion chuckled.

“Shut up and take off this stupid outfit,” the mare responded, “I hate wearing it.”

“But I like it.”

“Yeah, but you’ll like it better when it’s off.” Dash chuckled.

“…Can’t really argue with that.”

---

“You got any fives?” an amber unicorn colt with a curly pink mane asked Stratos.

“Nope, go fish.”

The colt drew a card.

“Ribbon, you have any queens?” Temporal asked the pegasus filly with a light grey-blue coat and silver mane.

“Nope. Go fish.”

As Temporal reached over to grab her card, she suddenly shuddered.

“What’s wrong?”

“…I don’t know.” Temporal shook her head, “I just got the weirdest feeling that my mom and dad are doing something…disturbing.”

“…I don’t want to know.” Stratos shook his head.

“I do!” the amber unicorn beamed.

“Shut up Cream Pie.” Another pegasus, a white colt with a dark blue mane, ordered the unicorn, “If Temp doesn’t want to talk about it, we won’t ask about it,”

“Fine.” The unicorn, Cream pie, grumbled.

“…Go fish is boring,” The white Pegasus grumbled.

“We have Betrayal at House on the Hill,” Lightning Ribbon responded, “Is that better?”

The other colts and fillies nodded their heads in agreement.

Comments ( 22 )

Initially I was going to try and finish this for the November crack Ship contest, as Dash and Turner were options.

But I wasn't able to finish this and A Sympathetic Perspective at the same time.

So it's more of a bit of slice of life directly from Stratos' universe as seen in A Bushel of Apples.

...we need a full story about how these two got together.

Like it, but you leave me wanting more. More details, more conflict, more insights into this future.

Please? :applecry:

This story..... I like it.
Please write more it's very interesting crack ship or not

I'm with the other commenters, this looks like fun. so, um, more?

[youtube=kKSxlJPmz40]

Always nice to see more of the various families from the Bushel universes.

You should make a different story of their first date, then marriage, then Rainbow's pregnancy. Just saying.

You introduce an amazing ship, then you just leave it there.
The possibilities.
Absolutely.
Endless. :rainbowkiss:

3653466

I would like to see more people write about this ship.

This was cute, funny too.

“We have Betrayal at House on the Hill,” Lightning Ribbon responded, “Is that better?”

Kid, I like how you think.

3821255

I've had good times, not so good times and one "WTF just happened?" times with that game.

the worst one I've heard about was one where my friends where playing, and they could not get the scenario started.
They just couldn't make the roll and they ran out of tiles.

3821267
How does that even happen? :rainbowhuh:

Ah well, could be Arkham Horror. Much like Dwarf Fortress, Losing is Fun!

3821324

Luck.

Whether it's good or Bad, I don't know.

Full story prequel, please?
(Seriously, we need more of this ship! First date, marriage, the obligatory 'I think they're cheating on me' chapter, all of it!)

3925443

Resurrection Beat is a Prequel.

Probably will work on other stories, once I have time.

3927911 What's the order all these stories happen in? I'm a little lost on where to start and where to end -

Best I can figure out from all the descriptions is this:
Resurrection Beat
Help Yourself
Give a Little Love
Are a Drag
Romance Novels Can Suck It
It's Not Unusual

6437515

Resurrection Beat
Give a little love
Help Yourself
Are a Drag
Romance Novels can suck it
It's not Unusual

“We have Betrayal at House on the Hill ,” Lightning Ribbon responded, “Is that better?”

I love that board game:scootangel:

I will say this was pretty sweet and very funny as well it looks like rainbow was pretty frustrated about the doctor keeps forgetting their anniversary so With a Little Help from Rarity and the Pegasus sisters cloud chaser and Flitter and when the doctor got home it was surprised to see Rainbow in a dress and he had no idea what she was doing but then she got so upset that he forgot about their anniversary but then told her that he didn't he actually planned this all this time classic doctor but at least they got the chance to be with each other on their anniversary which it's very romantic this was pretty good keep up the good work

Login or register to comment