• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 2,544 Views, 42 Comments

When They Were Young: Luna and Celestia's Memories - InvaderSplorch



Luna and Celestia's life together when they were young.

  • ...
1
 42
 2,544

Happy Halloween!

"Now listen Luna very carefully. This will be your first trick or treat experience ok? It's simple. You knock on the neighbor's door, say 'Trick or Treat!' and receive your candy. Your older sister will be watching over you. We have to attend a conference on the future of our nation. Have a good night you two and don't fill up on candy the entire night either, you'll get a tummy ache. Oh and Celestia, keep an eye on her! Got that?" Celestia's father asked sternly.

"Yeah Dad, I got it. No worries," Celestia replied.

"I'm serious. KEEP AN EYE ON HER," he announced boldly one more time before embarking out the door.

Celestia let out a hearty sigh before regaining her composure. "Alright, squirt listen up. Mom and Dad have me in charge in keeping an eye on you. I just want some candy and to get back home so I can watch the horror movies on the television. So stay by me at all times, got it?"

"Y-Yeah, I got it," Luna said meekly.

"Good now go put on your costume or whatever you made."

Celestia donned a makeshift tiara and wore her mother's best high heel shoes. She completed the eyeliner, eye-shadow, and other assortment of makeup on her face, thus finally revealing her outfit: a princess. She looked dazzling in a white gown with hemmed laces and flower swirls etched into the bottom folds. As she was admiring herself in the bathroom mirror, she heard tiny hoofsteps down the stairs. She peeked out of the bathroom and observed at her younger sister's outfit.

Luna was dressed in black clothing with white spines on the backside of it. Her black eyeliner was poorly drawn and the eye-shadow was unevenly placed on her face. She looked like a poor man's skeleton, a thought that ran inside Celestia's head.

"Are you a skeleton?"

"Yep!" smiled Luna.

"Oh boy, I'm really scared," laughed Celestia.

"Oh c'mon!"

"No, really, you are 2Spooky4Me," she replied spelling the phrase in black holographic letters around Luna's face. The letters dissipated revealing a very disgruntled Luna. "Oh what's wrong spooooky skeleton?" she asked patronizingly.

"I bet you I have more candy than you by the end of the night!"

"Really another bet? Aren't you bored of this charade?"

"What's a charade?"

"Nevermind, don't you grow bored of making bets?"

"Last I checked, it was 47-47. A perfect tie between us in bets. Care to wager?"

"And it is?"

"Half of the other pony's stockpile," Luna grinned.

"You're on pipsqueak. And by the way, I'm gonna win."

"Try me, sister."

The two royal sisters started on their quest to obtain as much candy as possible. Armed with two pillowcases each, the sisters were determined to win this gutsy bet. It started even between both of them until Celestia decided to use her agility to hit the houses faster and harder. With poor Luna trying to catch up to her sister, she was eventually left behind in the dust. With four blocks under her belt, she felt confident she would win this bet. After about an hour, Celestia's hooves were in pain from wearing the high heels.

"Curse these shoes! If I didn't have them on, I could easily beat her by double the amount. Oh well," she chuckled. She casually ate a chocolate bar from her stash, sighing in the caramel gooeyness hidden within. She relished in the chocolate delight as a siren went off in her head. She glanced frantically beside herself in hopes that her sister had caught up to her. Realizing she was nowhere to be seen, she quickly started to panic as to what awaited her back home when her father found out that she had left Luna alone. Running back the way she came, children of various ages were running past her screaming.

What in all of Canterlot is going on? she thought to herself.

With thoughts of her sister being scared to death, shivers of fear ran down her spine. Hoping her sister is safe, she continued to run past screaming children before reaching the source of the screams. At the end of the block underneath a streetlight stood a lone pony. A dark black aura surrounded it, three full bags of candy being hoisted into the air. A dark cackling erupted from its throat, the echoing vibrations causing Celestia's knees to buckle. She tried to work up the courage to approach the pony before it disappeared into the darkness again. Shaking idle thoughts out of her skull, Celestia took after the culprit, determined to stop the thief and bring him or her to justice. Running past the streetlight, Celestia found herself on a long road next to a park. Glancing over she saw three adolescent stallions surrounding the lone pony.

Ohohoho, they're in for it now she thought to herself. I'm going to enjoy this.

"Hey you have a big loot there, girly. Care to donate some to us?" asked the tallest stallion.

"Unless you have offerings for me, get out of my way," she hissed.

"Oh, I see, this girly thinks she's tough huh? Well let's see if you're tough after this!" he yelled, his right foreleg cocking back.

"Hitting me? Ahahahaha, that's like boxing with shadows! Now, my mortal foooool, PREPARE FOR YOUR DEMISE!!" she roared, her entire form changing shape.

With two more heads emerging from her own, she transformed into a three headed beast. Bright red eyes stared into the souls of the stallions before her. With her right head shaking violently, it melted and fell to the floor, a bare skull remaining in its place. The left head split into two, a half of each face still twitching and snaring at the dumbfounded teenagers. With a jump, she pinned the ringleader to the ground.

"Triiiiiccccck ooooooor Treeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat, Giiiiiiiivvvvvvve Mmmmmmme Sommmmmetttthiinnnng Goooooooood Ttttttto EAT!" she yelled, the left head falling off her shoulder and onto the stallion's stomach. With a shrill yell, he galloped away in a hurry, the other stallions quickly following suit. "Happy Nightmare Night Fools!" she laughed, a devilish roar escaping from the depths of hell itself. The other heads faded away into darkness, her grotesque form disappearing into the chilly autumn air.

Celestia approached this mare from behind, being ever careful not to disturb her. Her horn started to glow with a radiance aura, a spell ready to imprison this monster. As she got closer though, she saw a moon crescent mark on the mare's flank.

"L-Luna?"

"WHO DARES APPROACH THINE OWN REAR?!"

"Luna, dear sister, what happened?"

The dark black haze swirling around Luna dispersed immediately, revealing a small purple Alicorn giggling to herself.

"Hee hee, I told ya I could beat you!" squeaked Luna. "I was so upset that all these other kids were knocking me out of the way to the doors that I eventually spilled some of my candy. So, I guess I got upset. And, I dunno, I felt this intense energy bubble up inside me. I've never felt this before sister, it's pretty exciting, but.....I'm also scared by what I saw."

"What did you see?" asked Celestia, kneeling beside her sister.

"I saw...darkness and an intense figure standing before me. I don' know who it was."

Celestia, deeply disturbed, decided to end the night and go home early. The two of them trotted home, Luna carrying a large amount of spoils from her scare tactics. Upon reaching home, they took off their outfits, plopped themselves on the family sofa, and began to indulge on sweet, cavity inducing sugar. Their parents came home a few hours later, the front door unlocking.

"Hiya....hiya errrrbody!" slurred their father.

"I awesome Dad had a fun time?" asked Celestia.

"Yes, maybe a bit too much fun," their mother answered, scorn in her voice.

"Oh, c'mon it was a party! And hic and hic it was a greaaaaat party! I mean you know who won the drinking contest?"

"You, dear," said their mother with a roll of her eyes.

"And who won you that jade and emerald studded necklace?"

"You did, dear."

"And who spilled an entire contents worth of hard cider on their pants, making them feel so small in a room full of people?"

"You did."

"But at the end of it all, who decided to stick by my side, give me two wonderful children, and is still as lovely as the day I met her?"

"......"

"You dear, without you I'm nothing. Without you, I am just a lonely Alicorn, forever lost in the dark abyss."

"Honey....."

"Ummm, Dad, so while this is soooooooooo entertaining, ummmm," interrupted Celestia.

"Yes dear?"

"Luna changed into this like dark purple Alicorn with scary magic. She even shape shifted into something awful. Is she alright?"

Celestia's father erupted into a hearty laughter. "Wonderful!"

"Huh?"

"Your sister has awoken her other self. You see Celestia, the power of the light brings warmth and happiness to those around it. You are bathed in that light, that uplifting energy of love and compassion. Your sister is bathed in the light of the moon. She is blessed with the both the serenity and peacefulness of the night. However, she also encompasses the darkness and mystery contained within the shadows. The night is both calming and scary, the exact kind of power she needs to able to wield properly. Luna, my youngest daughter, you have finally awoken to your other power. But I will say this, so listen well. You must learn to harness this power correctly, or else it will......"

"Yes?" asked Luna.

"Bathroom....BAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHHHHROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" he shouted, his belly making sounds of its inner contents being swirled around.

He sprinted to the bathroom, slammed the door shut, and began his new friendship with Mr. Toilet.

"Or else it will?" asked Luna.

"We'll ask him when he feels better ok?" replied Celestia.

"Ok, no problem!" smiled Luna.

Saying goodnight to their parents, the two of them hauled their treasure upstairs and went into their rooms. Luna happily skipped into Celestia's room and demanded payment. When Celestia refused, Luna's black energy swirled around her. The dark energy swirled so fast, that it created a small barrier around her, shield her own body from view. With Celestia still dumbfounded, Luna told her to sister to be scared.

"Behold your future!" Luna shouted. Luna re-appeared as a 700 pound future Celestia, little driblets of cake faling off of her face and onto the various rolls of fat that now made up her body.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH TAKE IT! TAKE IT ALL! MY EYES! MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!" shouted Celestia.

Luna's form shifted back into herself, the black magic hissing into the air. Luna hovered the candy with her magic and strutted to the edge of the door.

"Oh and sister? This is NIGHTMARE NIGHT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" she laughed, various distorted voices joining in on the fun. But the voices didn't come from her but from the ceiling, the walls, and under Celestia's bed. Celestia stayed awake most of the night before succumbing to exhaustion. As she dreamed, she had a nightmare of herself continuing to engorge on cake while Luna donned silly hats upon her head, thus ruining her reputation. Celestia woke up screaming, while Luna in the next room was sleeping as soundly as a rock. In Luna's diary, there was an entry on October 31st: The tie is now broken. 48-47 me because I'm the best!

Author's Note:

Just in time for the holiday. Enjoy it! I will be going as horseman. I really should get pictures.

Comments ( 8 )

Yeah! Luna wins! :yay:

Wona always wins XD

That is the best way for Woona to win.

Scaring Celestia into a millennium-long diet-and-exercise regime.

5212308 :facehoof: I knew I forgot one of the mains. And let me tell you :flutterrage: THAT GAME IS PURE EVIL!

5212312 Oh? She always wins? :trixieshiftright:

5212321 Pow! Right on the kisser! Pow! Right on the kisser! Pow! Right on the kisser! Pow! Right on the kisser! Pow! Right on the kisser!:trollestia:

5239203 Family Guy reference.

Login or register to comment