• Published 12th Mar 2012
  • 3,999 Views, 58 Comments

Be Careful What You Wish For... - Dat_Swag



Scout wants change from all the violence, and change is what he's going to get, is it what he wants?

  • ...
3
 58
 3,999

Chapter 1: That's not right?

Scout rolled over in what he thought was his bed when he was asleep, he was soon corrected when he falls and finds himself in a barn. He seemed to have been sleeping on a hay stack.
Scout stood up and rubbed his eyes, believing that his eyes where first just playing tricks on him. Surprising enough his eyes are indeed, not. now with a better view of his surroundings, he can finally shed some light on his situation.
He appeared to be in a barn and, stereotypically, it was red, and all the wooden supports were painted white. With nothing much to do in here, Scout headed out of the barn, on his journey however, gravity had other plans and he tripped over an empty bucket and falling to the floor, sending other buckets and farming appliances flying as he fell into them, making an awful amount of noise too.

"Crud!" the scout mumbled from the ground. He got back up and headed back towards the door, taking a more cautious approach this time.

As he opened the door he was greeted by nothing but blinding amounts of sunshine to his eyes, As he lifted his arm up to shield his eyes and adjust to the light, he was ambushed by an unknown attacker.

"Yeeeeeehaaaaaa!" Scout was jumped at from the side, the light still blinding so he had no time to react.
"I'll teach you to come into my barn ya thieving little varmint!" From what scout could gather he was being attacked by some crazy lady with a southern accent because she thought he was stealing from 'her' barn. However this woman wanted to rumble, and a rumble she was going to get.
He still couldn't see because something was smothering his face, Scout didn't like that at all, Scout lifted his arm from his side and cracked it straight into what he thought was the lady's jaw.

Scout got up dusted himself off, and turned to face his attacker, and said, "Who do you think y-" Scouts jaw hit the floor to what he saw. (3X rhyme combo! :3) What he expected wasn't even remotely close to the stranger before him.

"What? ain't used to figh-" The stranger stopped her sentence also, having a similar experience to what Scout was having.

Both stared at each other for a long time unable to say anything, until finally, Scout opened his mouth to speak and also lifted his hand into the air. "You..." He pointed at the stranger, "Are a horse?" Scout raised the pitch in his voice on horse to high a proportion.

"Pony," the 'Pony' replied "What and who in tarnation are you?" she raised her hoof and pointed it at Scout. "And what the hay are you doing on mah farm?" The pony questioned him.

"Look..." Scout put both arms to his side, "This is all a misunderstanding, I don't even know the answer to that question, I honestly have no idea how I got here!" Scout still unable to get over the fact he was talking to ho-pony, but not addressing the matter, she clearly wasn't familiar to anything close to a human.

"Oh I get it," The pony replied, "crazy stuff happens like that here all the time, she smiled at him and chuckled.

"Whats ya name pardner?" Scout was bewildered, one second he was brawling with this ho-pony and now she wants to be friends, if not, acquaintances? "Uh," Scout almost forgot his training."I'm Scout!" He stretched out his hand, "Nice to meet ya?" he said, still unsure.

"Scout?" the pony chuckled to herself "that's not a name, whats your real name?" the pony said, going of topic and not mentioning her own.

"I'm afraid that's classified, everyone else just calls me scout anyway, even my buddy Ellis sometimes." Scout informed her. "Besides, you haven't told me your name" Scout tried to get the conversation away from his name and onto hers.

"Oh... my apologies... Scout" She finally shook Scouts hand, he had forgot he was holding it out. "I'm Applejack! pleased to meet ya." The po-Applejack shook his hand and Scout said,

"Okay.. now who's got the weird name?" Scout chuckled to himself, laughing at the irony this pon-err-Applejack is now in.

"What? whats so funny?" Applejack questioned Scout, "Everyponies got a name like that here." Scout stopped laughing, she was clearly serious.

"Really? So what other names does everyone else have?" Scout asked applejack, now intrigued.

"Well there's Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity." She wasn't lying, Something was telling Scout that this pony was telling the truth.

"Okay..." Scout sighed "So... Applejack, where the hell am I?" Scout asked Applejack.

"You're in Sweet Apple Acres, just outside of Ponyville Scout, One of Equestria's more common towns,unlike Canterlot and Manehatten." Applejack seemed to scoff at the names of these towns, as if she'd had bad experiences in such places.

"Don't you mean Manhattan?" Scout attempted to correct Applejack.

"Nope, Manehattan, Why would you think that?"
Scout just got the play on words like he was crushed by a rock and started laughing hysterically. "What in tarnations wrong with you?" she just looked at Scout as he lay on the floor clutching his gut and laughing loudly. "Manehattan! HA! Good one Applejack, HA! [Insert more laughter]" Applejack shook her head, "And? I don't get what all the laughter's about."
Scout calmed down and stood up, dusting himself off again, clearly these ponies weren't familiar with puns.

"Nothing... It doesn't matter, you won't get it and it'll spoil the joke if I try to explain it." Scout explained, Applejack just shook her head.

"So what's life like here Applejack?" Scout attempted to steer the topic away again.

"What do ya mean, Scout?" Applejack looked confused.

"You know, Jobs, economy, politics, stuff like that." Scout explained his question.

"Oh!" Applejack beamed, seemed like a topic she liked to talk about. "Well, we have jobs yes, such as farming, which is what I and my family do, Pinkie pie helps out with Mr and Mrs cake at the cake shop, twilight looks after the library, Rarity has her own boutique, and rainbow dash runs the weather-control team, there are other jobs too li-" Applejack was going to continue when she was suddenly interrupted by scout,

"Wait, back up there..." Scout thought for a second, "Weather-control team, whats that?" Scout was fairly interested in this, half of the matter being he had never heard of it before.
Applejack added, "Their a group of pegasi wh-" Scout interrupted applejack again, this time it annoyed her.

"Wait pegasi? so you mean there are ponies with wings too?"
Applejack continued, "Who control the weather, like when it rains, when its cloudy or foggy, and when the sky is clear as a whistle, and yes pegasi, As well as Unicorns too." Applejack finished, took a breath and continued, "If you want to know things, you have to stop interrupting me scout." Applejack smirked. Scout rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Sooo, what about politics" scout asked.

"Oh? we just have a princess who rules over Equestria, makes all the big decisions and such, I don't know too much." Applejack informed Scout,

"A princess? isn't there like, a Queen or anything?" Scout was puzzled.

"Like ah said, I don't know much about politics. but if you wanna find out more I guess we could go see Twilight, why it's only just gone past twelve," Applejack glanced at the sky. "heck, I could introduce you to all mah friends!" Applejack turned in the direction of the road to what Scout assumed to be Ponyville in the distance. "What do ya' say Scout? you game?" Scout walked to the side of applejack,

"Sure, it's something to do right?" Scout grinned. Applejack grinned back, and they set off to Ponyville.

================================================================================================
So! how was the first chapter? and what do you guys think of the plot I have going on so gar?
be sure to comment on your entitled opinion of the story and post any errors I have made in the story,
Se you next chapter!

Thanks to the people who pointed out my inability to use tab and how to introduce a new speaker.
Some ponies gotta go back to his literature class I think. :3
Something I noticed when looking through this is that I made Applejack say 'Everybody', that is a no-no.
If you find similar mistakes be sure to notify me. :3

Comments ( 46 )

I like, i think ill actually follow this story, good writing sir :moustache:

It's better... I don't think I'll track it. I can say worse about mine thought but, bro, you have SOME seroius capilzation to do. Along with paragraphs and more capilziation. This , isn't a period. You don't cap after it. Just a little nudge. But really, this is a really good story and concept. I wish people could say the same about mine. Good luck though!

pretty good, i will be tracking

Well, somewhere in that mass of words is a good story! :raritywink:
You just have to spend more time working on it. It seems as if you rushed to type it and put it up here, maybe get someone to read over it beforehand (or hoof in this matter) and as the others have said "start a new paragraph when someone speaks and use caps." :twilightsmile:
Anyways, I'm tracking. :yay::pinkiehappy:

sweet gotta use dat tab man but alas i will track

sweet gotta use dat tab man but alas i will track

0.o

Scout is keith.....


Alright somebrony et me the pic....You know the one...

i found this video while streaming youtube.

Thought you'd like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69Abo_MwTE&feature=related

Did you just imply that scout's name is Keith?

0:05

I shall return to read this later.
And pray no one makes a clopfic of him and Rainbow Dash.

313810

Atleast it would be over quickly... like in 10 seconds flat?

Its a pretty good story so far. One thing you need to fix with your typing, is to start a new line whenever you use dialogue. It will spread out the paragraphs and make it look less blocky.

313805 yeah from L4d2 Ellis's crazy story's that involve Keith and at one point I think nick saying that if Keith was real he'd have every bone in his body broken could he be Keith

My buddy Ellis I c wut u did thar. :moustache: Well anyways I love the story so far!!! :pinkiehappy: Can't wait for next chapter!!!! :yay:

Please don't let this be a dream.:fluttercry:

Thanks for the tips and Support guys, I'll get to editing this right away! :3
Also, where perhaps could I get a pre-reader?
volunteers?

313799 Yes, i have seen this before.
but thanks for sending me that so I could laugh some more :pinkiehappy:

314649 Thank you for pointing that out, It has now been fixed. :twilightblush:

313810 Eew no. :facehoof:
If there's something worse than a regular clopfic,
its a clopfic that involves humans. :raritydespair:

313789 Okay, what is this pic you speaketh of? :rainbowderp:
I MUST KNOW!

Hmm... seems legit.. i'll track this see how good it'll probly get.. it's good so far :pinkiesmile:

315902 The one that shows the guy saying "Mother of God"

Alrighty, I've read it now.
Intro was good, but actual chapter felt a bit rushed.
Also, there were a few places here and there in both parts that were missing words.

Good work mate!
Take your time with the chapters and keep being awesome
:moustache:

So, people have said that they feel I have rushed through chapter 1. :derpytongue2:
Now, after reading through a few times and fixing errors, I just couldn't see it, so... apologies there if you feel the same. :pinkiesmile:

319837 Yeah, I know, I get the same thing happening to me, by anyway, nice story, I'm a TF2 fan my self, so I'll will be keeping an eye on this.

339688 Thanks for the feedback. :pinkiehappy:
The 30 seconds where more or less added so that I could fit in some extra dialog before the match started. And after rolling it around in my head for a while, I can see why you think that line needs changing, I'll change it right away. :pinkiecrazy:

Also! Forgive me for not updating this frequently. :raritycry:
I've only really just done 3 paragraphs for the 2nd chapter. :facehoof:
Its not that I'm busy or anything it's just that I'm making this up as I go. :twilightblush:
Not to mention I just got MGS HD and have been playing that alooooot! :yay:

So after Like what, a week ago...
Since my last comment there was 300 words,
I've managed to write since then, another 300. (600 total)
My problem is, I am one lazy mothertrucker.
This comment is to inform you, Updates may or may not be slow.
Good - keeps you interested in the story for longer.
Bad - most people don't like to wait a ridiculous amount of time (hypocritically, That's me)
Just giving a small update on my progress anyway.
Ponies:
:ajbemused::derpytongue2::twilightangry2::raritydespair::pinkiesmile::fluttershysad::coolphoto::twilightsheepish::eeyup::facehoof:
AH no rainbow dash!!
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowhuh::rainbowkiss::rainbowderp: :heart:

Interesting story, but it moves quite quickly.

It could do with longer chapters too, just sayin'...

But apart from that, good work! :yay:

I wonder what Scout will say seeing Rainbow Dashdl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Rainbow_Dash_lolface.png ? :pinkiecrazy:

Fall on the floor crying I suppose? :pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

Get bloody goin', and finish the story!

JUST an idea but why not throughout the story, introduce more tf2 characters, like heavy and demo man

Ohhh Jake, you silly cunt. You had to forget your password didn't you? :ajbemused:

558071 He has good reason to cry around rainbows.....

please keep it up, i like this story! i might get it on EQD!

I think we have a winner on our hands.

good story but less tf2 game tf2 more HQ, not Base effect on the game as respawn or copies of blue or red, not to mention that applejack was not so impressed with what scout is but other ponies common?:duck:
i love fanfic good job!

Good job.:pinkiehappy:

when will the next chapter come out?

Please update new chapters.

Good,good I like it.

Login or register to comment