• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 439 Views, 6 Comments

Hot and Cold - Moniker



Twilight as part of her duties as Princess had to choose an student. A little colt named Cold Fire stuck out from the rest. She chose the little colt and began the training.

  • ...
4
 6
 439

Choosing a Student

Hot and Cold


Choosing a Student

*********************************************

A bright day in Equestria; the newly made Princess of Magic one Miss Twilight Sparkle, she has been a Princess for only two weeks.

The sun was bright shining through the cracked window - Twilight always opens a window. - A low grumble came from a small bed at the foot of Twilight Sparkle's own. She snickered as the baby dragon pulled the covers over his head.

"C'mon Spike, get out of bed," she giggled lightly as Spike was motionless - as usual. - Twilight rolled her eyes and simply walked out.

Princess Twilight Sparkle walked the Canterlot castle's halls, noticing new guards everywhere. Twilight's hooves dipped in the sunlight cracking through the windows of the castle. "Today has been great," she said to herself soon seeing her mentor.

Twilight ran to the elder alicorn. "Princess, Princess!" she called running to her. Even though she has lived with them for a few weeks she still feels happy she is near her master.

"Yes? Good morning Twilight Sparkle, how was your sleep?" she asked smiling at the newly made alicorn.

Twilight loves her new bed. It's a cloud bed now. "It was great Princess!" she said loudly chucking at the thought Spike is still asleep.

Celestia smiled warmly back. "That is great Twilight, but, you know now that you are a Princess, you know you don't have to refer to me as 'Princess' anymore, right?" she rose an eyebrow to the young alicorn.

Twilight chuckled lightly. "Force of habit sorry," she smiled sheepishly and shuffling her hooves. Celestia understood well enough.

"That is alright Twilight," she assured her with a warm smile.

The sun bathed her flowing mane along with Twilight's purple and dark purple mane. "The sun is beautiful is it not Twilight?" she asked soon realizing what she done, she turned to see Twilight staring at the sun intently. Celestia chuckled and turned Twilight's head away.

"Just because I can look to the sun while it is up doesn't mean you can." Celestia chuckled again as Twilight nodded like a foal.

Twilight looked at the Princess her head held high as she walked. "So, how is Spike doing Twilight?" she asked a smile forming on her face.

Twilight blushed. "He's fine, he had the hay fever yesterday, so, he's just sleeping," she smiled sheepishly.

The Princess rolled her eyes. "Spike's just being Spike . . . right?" she giggled, Spike ever since Twilight became the princess she is now he had more time to sleep.

Twilight nodded her blush deepening slightly. "Yeah, Spike's just being Spike," she soon admitted.

"Care to join for breakfast?" she offered Twilight jumped to that. She even as an apprentice never got to have breakfast with the Princess often.

"Sure!" she trotted into the dining hall. She sat at different ends of the large table.

Celestia saw how far. "Twilight, you know you can sit by me," Celestia pat a seat next to her own seat. Twilight soon getting up and walking over to the seat.

Twilight smiled as she looked to her food, nothing more than oats as usual. "Is everything alright Twilight?" she asked seeing Twilight only pick at the meal.

Twilight nodded then kept picking at the food. "It's just, I'm kinda getting tired of oats," she admitted to the Princess.

"Why didn't you say so? Quick Chef!" she called a slender stallion running from the kitchen.

"You called Princess!?" he said panting lightly from the running.

Celestia nodded. "Please, can you make us both hay omelets?" she requested smiling as the chef levitated the bowls away.

Twilight's jaw was agape, Celestia chuckling at the mouth. "Twilight, you're a Princess now, you can ask for something else and not get any anger from the chef," Celestia pat her newly made Princess on the head.

Twilight soon followed the Princess of the sun after breakfast. "Twilight Sparkle," she suddenly turned to face the younger alicorn.

Twilight stood straight as a board. "Yes Princess?" she was startled by the sudden change in direction.

The white alicorn put her hoof on the younger pony's shoulder. "Are you ready for your first act of royal duty?" she asked taking her hoof off Twilight's shoulder.

Twilight as reaction she quickly nodded. "Of course Princess," she said standing straight to the air.

****************************************

With that the two Princesses walked to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. "Now, Twilight, you may choose one of these few," she pointed to the eight different fillies and colts. Twilight looked amongst the few - all had potential but she could only choose one. Twilight continued to look amongst the ponies. She finally saw a shade of black between the seventh and eighth fillies.

Twilight looked between showing another colt. "Hello there, it's alright, what's your name?" Twilight gave the serine voice a go.

The colt looked to Twilight. "M-Me?" he questioned pointing a hoof at himself.

Twilight nodded. "Yes, you," she smiled at the colt warmly as if he was her son.

The colt shyly looked to the ground. "I-I'm Cold Fire," Cold Fire spoke his voice sounding a bit weak.

Twilight smiled as she knew what was next. "Well Cold Fire, you know what you are now?" she asked smiling under her hoof.

He looked to her. "N-No, wh-what?" he asked his hooves shuffling nervously.

The purple Princess put a hoof on his shoulder. "You are my new protégé Cold Fire," she said taking her hoof off him.

The colt looked at Twilight nervously. "R-Really I am really your protégé?" the colt asked his words trailing off slightly as the words caught in his mouth.

Twilight nodded at the colt's question. "Of course Cold Fire, walk with me," she requested. Cold Fire did as requested by his mentor.

Author's Note:

Thirty stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments ( 6 )

... Rushed. That's all I have to say. Should have added a bit of backstory, or something 'higher-up' so to speak... But other then that I like this story... I think. Not much has happened yet :rainbowwild:

Great! What's his cutiemark... Just asking..,

3363344 Same as Twilight's except dark gray.

This has tons of grammar errors in it.

Also, you should go into more detail.

That's all I have to say.

Login or register to comment