• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 1,624 Views, 34 Comments

A Wandering Soul: Demon's Remorse - Kingsley



Lilith, the little filly who slaughtered Twilight and her friends in an effort to keep Twilight for herself, returns with a change of heart.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,624

The Demon Within

Final Chapter: The Demon Within


Lilith's horn started to glow a bright red, which became progressively darker as it intensified in power. Cadence fed Lilith the extra power she needed through her horn and soon a red orb started to form above the coffins. The orb pulsated with electricity as it got bigger and bigger, and started to beat as if it were a giant heart.

"It's almost complete!" Lilith said, focusing as hard as she could on the orb. "Just a little more!"

Lilith and Cadence stood their ground as the orb increased in size until it was complete. The orb cut of Lilith and Cadence's magic as it reached its full size. Both of them staggered backwards as the orb released multiple bolts of electricity into each coffin.

"Celestia! Luna! Hurry and retrieve the ponies inside the coffins!" Cadence yelled. "We don't know how unstable this thing is!"

Princess Celestia and Luna rushed over to each coffin, releasing the pony inside and purifying the newborn demon it had become.

"This isn't like a normal resurrection! They'll be out cold for a little bit because this was a quick revival!" Lilith yelled. "They'll be fine though! Just let them re- AGH!"

"Lilith!" Cadence yelled."

Lilith fell to the ground and started to struggle, her ears started bleeding and her eyes changed rapidly between insanity and normality.

"I can't hold it back anymore..." Lilith cried, as she fell onto her back and started screaming.

Lilith convulsed on the ground until she suddenly stopped and stood up, only this time her eyes stayed the blood red color.

"Ah finally! Now I can have some fun again with all of you!" Lilith said, giggling to herself.

"I don't think you're going to be doing anything to anyone anymore." Cadence said.

"Why's that?" Lilith questioned. "What could you have POSSIBLY done to stop me?"

Cadence pointed to the large red orb without saying a word. It began to beat more rapidly and started to pull Lilith closer itself.

"...That might actually work." Lilith said, struggling to create distance from herself and the orb. As she got pulled closer to it, her soul began separating itself from her body. "Oh no! If I'm going down... I'm taking someone else with me!"

Before becoming completely separated from her body, she lodged her hoof deep into the flesh of her body and pulled out Lilith's true soul.

"W-What are you doing!?" True Lilith said.

"Come on darling we're in for a wild ride!" The Demon said.

Both souls were pulled from her body and were sucked into the void of the orb, which began pulsating and beating at a very unstable rate. It shot out electricity randomly until it got smaller and smaller and eventually vanished. Lilith's hollow body fell to the ground, showing no signs of life.

"LILITH!" Cadence yelled, as she rushed over to Lilith's side. "No... no you CAN'T be gone! This wasn't supposed to happen!"

"She's... She's gone?" Pinkie asked. "Lilith is... gone?"

"...Yes... she's gone... and it's all my fault..." Cadence said, tears rushing down her face. "I never intended for this to happen... I thought that if she transformed into that demon right after it was completed, then the demon inside of her would be taken as the sacrifice... not the Lilith we've come to know..."

Cadence buried her face in Lilith's mane and started crying hysterically.


______________________

The Void
______________________


"Ugh..." Lilith groaned. "...Where am I?"

Lilith slowly stood up and looked around, the sky was red and she was standing on what seemed to be a floating crater.

"Finally awake are you?" The Demon said. "It's about time you woke up, I was getting pretty bored."

"You!?" Lilith said. "...You just had to pull me in with you didn't you?"

"Well it's not like I planned on coming here..." The Demon said.

"So are we both trapped here?" Lilith questioned.

"Not exactly." The Demon said, pointed up at the sky and showing the large red orb hovering above them. "The ritual you did required only one soul as a sacrifice, but because I pulled you in here with me, it's having trouble deciding which one to take, hence why we're here."

"So... it's deciding who to take and who to release?" Lilith asked.

"Yep, pretty much." The Demon said. "All we can do is wait and see who the lucky camper is."

Lilith looked down at the ground and closed her eyes, and then proceeded to look back up at The Demon.

"...I want to ask you." Lilith said.

"Hm?" The Demon said.

"...Why did you make me kill Twilight and all her friends back then?" Lilith asked with a serious tone. "...Tell me."

A large smile appeared on The Demon's face.

"Why did I do it you ask? I think the answer is quite simple my dear." The Demon said. "I did it simply because it was funny!"

"Really? That's your reasoning?" Lilith said. "You made me lose the one opportunity I had to be happy again!"

"I'm aware of that." The Demon said, snickering.

"YOU KNEW IT AND YET YOU MADE ME KILL ALL OF THEM!" Lilith cried.

"You seem to forget who I am Lilith... I was born the moment you died, when you killed your mother..." The Demon said. "I am nothing more than the embodiment of all that you felt during the time when you slaughtered your mom."

The Demon stood up and started to walk towards her.

"Another thing you seem to misunderstand is that you think I'm the only demon here, when the fact of the matter is that you are one too, even as we're standing here." The Demon said.

"W-What?" Lilith said. "You're the demon that's been controlling me this whole time! Those impulses all came from y-"

"Those impulses are all yours and yours alone... The pony who you once were died that dark day and YOU were reborn as a demon." The Demon said. "You are a demon and so am I, the big difference is that I am merely an entity created out of all that negativity that day."

The Demon looked Lilith straight in the eyes.

"Whenever you had those impulses, I merely thought it'd be the most appropriate time to take control and have some fun!" The Demon said. "We're one in the same, you might succeed in getting rid of me with the orb's choice... but apart of me will always stay with, just as how a part of you will always be with me..."

The orb started to beat more rapidly until it released a bolt of electricity down on top of The Demon.

"...Heh, it looks like you were successful." The Demon said, as it's body started to deteriorate.

Lilith bit her lips and looked up at the dying demon.

"You're right... we are one in the same." Lilith said, as her eyes turned blood red just like the demon. "But this time... you won't be in control of me, and I'll be aware of my actions..."

"Hehe my dear, I never said you wouldn't be..." The Demon said, as it was sucked into the orb above.

The orb released an obscuring bright light after it was done with the absorption, and overwhelmed Lilith.

______________________________________

Aftermath of the Ritual
______________________________________

Cadence lay there, still crying into Lilith's mane.

"Look!" Pinkie said.

Everyone looked back to see the red orb reappearing, crackling with electricity. Lilith's soul emerged from the orb and flew back into her body on the ground. The orb then shrank once again and disappeared into nothingness.

"What was that? Why did it reappear?" Cadence asked.

Lilith started to cough and gasp for air as she tried to get back up.

"LILITH!" Cadence yelled, as she hugged her. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Still kinda weak here Cadence... agh... though it is nice to see you too..." Lilith said, as she returned the hug.

Lilith got up and looked around, and noticed everyone she resurrected was standing there, smiling at her.

"You're...You're all awake." Lilith said.

"Princess Celestia explained to us everything that had happened and what you did for us." Twilight said, and walked closer to Lilith. "It's nice to know that you never intended for any of this to happen to us in the first place..."

"...I'm sorry Twilight, I understand if you hate me for doing what I did to you and your friends... but I tried my best to make this right with you." Lilith said.

"Hate you? How could I hate my own daughter?" Twilight said.

"You're own..." Lilith said. "But... I thought..."

"You don't think I forgot did you? When you came to my house that one night... I'll never forget the commitment I made to you!" Twilight said.

"I... I can't believe you still feel that way... after everything I did and how I acted..." Lilith said, about to start crying.

Twilight looked at Lilith's neck and noticed the sky blue scarf she gave her.

"You're still wearing the scarf I gave you..." Twilight said, about to cry herself.

"...Of course, it's my most prized possession..." Lilith said. "I would never part with it..."

Twilight ran up and hugged Lilith tightly, burying her face into her mane.

"I'm glad you're still with us..." Twilight cried.

"...I am too." Lilith sobbed.

They released each other and wiped their eyes of tears.

"Oh yea! We got rid of your demonic side now right Lilith?" Cadence said. "So aren't you purified?"

"I'm afraid not." Lilith said, revealing her demonic eyes to everyone. "I'll always be a demon, I learned that while I was in the orb... I'll continue to have my impulses... and I can't be certain how things will turn out..."

"Oh no..." Cadence said sadly. "I thought we had saved you..."

"...I understand if you want to reimprison too." Lilith asked.

"What! Lilith!" Twilight said.

"No come on!" Pinkie said.

"You can't!" Fluttershy said.

"I may be a menace to society if you choose to let me go free, even though that's what I asked for..." Lilith said. "As much as I would like to stay with you all and try to start again... I don't thi-"

"Lilith, we're not going to reimprison you." Celestia said.

"You've fulfilled what you were requested to do, and we are going to hold up to our end of the deal." Luna said.

"Even though it may not be the best decision, we are all very grateful for your help and your change of heart." Celestia said. "We want you to be apart of our community."

Lilith looked at them, completely shocked and dumbfounded.

"Are... Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean... I wouldn't even know where to start..." Lilith said.

Twilight and her friends all walked close to her.

"You can stay with me Lilith, and together all of us will help you do what you always wanted to do from the beginning!" Twilight said, with a smile on her face.

Lilith looked up at the sky as the sun shone down on top of them, she then clutched her scarf and held it to her chest.

"...Alright Twilight... I'll do it, and I look forward to becoming friends with you all!" Lilith said, as she hugged each of them with a smile on her face, she felt a happiness she hadn't felt in a long, long time...



THE END

Comments ( 9 )

D'AW! THAT WAS SO MUCH FE-HHHHHHNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Goddamn. It's finally over. Now I'll have to reread it since I forgot what the hell happened the last 5 chapters. Ah well. Just glad the wait is over. For this anyways. Now we gotta wait for Pinkamena's Awakening 3, which I highly anticipate. Until next time, mates. :pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:

NO! NO!
WHAT ABOUT THE BLOOD!?!?!? THE BLOOD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??
I! NEED! MORE! BLOOD!
NOT FEELS! TOO MANY FEELS!!! HHHNGGGGGGGEBHZE V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Well this was something I had been waiting for for a long time. You did not disappoint and I like how you actually made it so that the urges were actually hers and that her inner demon just took over at those moments.

4679979 Sorry for another long wait :twilightsheepish: I didn't intend for it to take this long to complete. I'm glad that you liked the ending too btw :twilightsmile:


4664957 I will try to get it out within the next few weeks :pinkiecrazy:

Nopony seems fussed about the fact the CMC are still dead...

5944536
Ikr it was a good story but they are dead and not revive yet but I’m sure they were back to life in one of those Pinkamena’s story

Very good story. My only gripes are the spelling errors and the constant use of underscores. Those repeat over and over when using the voice option.

Wait, what about the Cutie Mark Crusaders are they going to be resurrected to? And what about Spike what happened to him??

Login or register to comment