• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 1,624 Views, 34 Comments

A Wandering Soul: Demon's Remorse - Kingsley



Lilith, the little filly who slaughtered Twilight and her friends in an effort to keep Twilight for herself, returns with a change of heart.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,624

Rekindle the Laughter

Chapter 2: Rekindle the Laughter


Lilith had arrived in the Throne Room with Celestia and Luna, noticing many guards giving her a nasty look.

"Now then." Luna said. "Explain to us exactly how you plan to revive them."

Lilith cleared her throat, but before she began to explain herself, she noticed a pink alicorn staring at her from across the room. Princess Luna noticed Lilith was distracted and turned around to look.

"Hello... Princess Cadence." Luna said worryingly. "I wasn't aware you were coming to Canterlot. Is there something you-"

"Why is she out of her cell!?" Cadence demanded. "You can't possibly be thinking anything along the lines of letting her go are you!?"

"Well no not exactly, if you'd just give me a chance to explain I'd-" Luna said.

"SHE KILLED MY LITTLE SISTER." Cadence screamed.

"We're aware of that Cadence, I ask though however, that you please remain calm." Luna asked. "You're making it quite difficult to asses the situation."

"Remain calm? How can you expect me to do that!? I thought we were just going to let her rot in her cell for the rest of her undead life!" Cadence yelled. "Believe me, if Shining Armor were here, things would be much more chaotic."

"Cadence, you have to pull yourself together." Celestia said. "You need to set aside your anger so as to give us a chance to explain everything to you!"

"THERE'S NOTHING TO SAY! I WANT HER LOCKED UP FOREVER!" Cadence demanded. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE HER RELEASED FROM H-"

"Hey, Princess! Do you want to see your little sister again or not?" Lilith said.

"What? What are you talking about!? She's dead! You killed her!" Cadence said.

"You forget what I am Cadence, I'm not like you." Lilith said. "I can bring them back, all of them."

"You... you can?" Cadence said. "But... but why would YOU want to? You're the one who killed all of them in the first place!"

"You're right... I did kill them. But sitting in a cell with nothing to do for years makes you think a little." Lilith said. "...I hate my own existence. Wherever I go I only bring sorrow to those around me... I've regretted what I've done, and I just want to try and make things right for once."

Cadence looked Lilith with pity in her eyes.

"...I have no intention in looking for my "mother" anymore, and I have no interest in making friends." Lilith said. "Out of fear that I will cause harm to them... I'm still very far from being sane, and I could revert to my murderous insanity at any given moment... all I can do is try my best to control and cope with it."

"Lilith..." Cadence said.

"This is who I am, and I hate it... but there's nothing we can do about it." Lilith said, taking a short pause. "...I'm sorry, for everything that I've done."

Cadence rubbed her eyes, and walked towards the group. She looked at the scarf around Lilith's neck.

"...Who gave you that scarf?" Cadence asked.

Lilith looked down at her neck and replied softly. "Twilight..."

"I see... and you're still wearing it after all this time." Cadence said. "You must have truly loved her then."

"She was the first pony to ever show me any kindness..." Lilith said. "It means... everything to me."

"I'm sure it does..." Cadence said softly. "So, what's your plan Lilith?"

"It's really simple, just bring me to their bodies and I'll revive them." Lilith said.

"That's it? It's that easy for you?" Cadence asked.

"Well I do have my limits." Lilith said. "First, It takes most of my strength to perform one resurrection, so I can only revive one of them every few days."

"Anything else?" Cadence asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid as a demon... I can only revive them as demons themselves." Lilith said. "But, this is where you come in Celestia."

"I have a role in this?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, and if not one of the most important ones." Lilith said. "You tried to use your magic on me before to purify me while I was in captivity, but it failed correct? That's because I've been a demon for far too long for any types of purification to work."

Lilith used her magic to show her horn glowing a deep red with black sparks emitting from it.

"However, the moment I revive them is when you have the chance to purify them." Lilith explained. "As a newborn demon, they will have little to no protection built up, and you'll be able to truly return them to normal."

"I didn't realize it was that complicated." Cadence said.

"Compared to other forms of resurrection, demonic arts are actually the easiest." Lilith said. "So with this said, are you all ready?"

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all agreed.

"Alright then... lets make our way to the graveyard then." Lilith said, walking towards the castle doors with Celestia, Luna, and Cadence following behind.

_________________________________

Canterlot Marketplace
_________________________________

The citizens of Canterlot scrambled in fear when they saw the one who slaughtered the Elements of Harmony out in the streets. About a few dozen guards surrounded Lilith as they walked through Town Square towards the Graveyard, with the 3 Princess's following behind her.

"It's just a little further Lilith." Cadence said.

"Right." Lilith said, looking at all the scared ponies. "I don't know what I expected."

They continued to walk towards their destination without any trouble. When suddenly a sharp pain clawed at Lilith's head, causing her movement to come to a halt.

"Lilith? Are you alright?" Cadence said.

"I had a feeling this would happen..." Celestia said. "She said she couldn't control her "urges" completely after all..."

Lilith held her head tightly and tried her best to regain control of herself.

"You didn't think I'd stay quiet for long did you?" The Voices said. "You've been quite boring lately, and your choices have been absolutely disgusting! We need to change that..."

"N-No... I... I won't let you!..." Lilith yelled. "You... can't make me!"

"Oh but I can, you were never in control to begin with sweetie." The Voices said. "Now then, let's start this party shall we?"

Lilith's horn started to glow frantically and her eyes had turned pure black with small, blood red pupils. She used all of her strength to try and keep conscious for even a small moment to turn around to the others.

"You...You have to s-stop me... quickly!" Lilith cried. "I can only... hold it back for a few more seconds!"

Lilith let out a shriek of pain as she fell to the ground, cringing.

"You two know what to do." Celestia said. "Restrain her while I soothe her as best I can."

"Right!" Luna and Cadence said, running to Lilith's side.

Luna got on top of Lilith and pinned both her hooves down, using her magic as added pressure. Cadence as well, using her magic to keep Lilith down. The guards forming a barrier around the group so the civilians would not be harmed. Celestia's horn started to glow brightly and she went towards Lilith's head, setting her horn down atop her forehead. Lilith screamed with agony, and started to convulse even more violently on the ground.

"What!? What do you think you're doing!?" The Voices said.

"Just a little... added protection." Lilith said. "You didn't think... I'd leave myself so vulnerable... did you?"

"You might drive me away but you can't get rid of me!" The Voices said, getting fainter and fainter. "You're only delaying the inevitable!"

Lilith's eyes returned to normal, and she had regained control of herself. Seeing this, Celestia removed her horn and backed away, along with Luna and Cadence and the removal of the barrier.

"Are you alright Lilith!?" Cadence asked.

"Yes... I'm fine now." Lilith said, rubbing her head. "I'm sorry... but thank you for stopping me."

"That's what we're here for." Cadence said. "Now come on, let's head to the Graveyard."

______________________________

Canterlot Graveyard
______________________________

Lilith and others had arrived at the Graveyard, and went to where Twilight and her friends were.

"Well... here they are." Cadence said, becoming teary eye'd from looking at Twilight's grave.

"All of them are together I see..." Lilith said. "I guess that would only make sense."

"How do you plan on doing this?" Luna said.

Lilith looked at six tombstones and thought to herself. "Cadence... I know you want to see Twilight again as soon as possible... but if you don't mind, I'd like to start from the beginning... the first one that I killed."

"I understand... it would be selfish of me to not think about the others just as much." Cadence said. "Please, do what you must."

"Alright... but first I need to prepare." Lilith said, cutting her hoof deep enough so that blood would flow out rapidly.

Lilith dragged her bleeding hoof around the ground to create a pentagram. She noticed that there were a stock of candles kept by their graves, and she placed them in specific spots on the pentagram, lighting them afterwards.

"Alright..." Lilith said. "It's ready."

"What about your hoof!? You cut it really bad!" Cadence said.

"Huh? Oh don't worry about it, it's fine." Lilith said, holding up her hoof to show that it's already healed.

"Oh... alright then." Cadence said. "So... we're ready?"

"Yes, we are." Lilith said, using her magic to lift Pinkie's coffin out of the dirt, she placed it in the center of the pentagram. "Well... here we go."

Lilith's horn started to glow normally at first, but got increasingly more darker as she performed the resurrection. She started to breathe heavily and her eyes turned to their psychotic state. Celestia and Luna noticed this and thought she had lost control again.

"No! Don't interfere!" Lilith said, strained. "This is necessary! I have to use almost every ounce of my strength to do this!"

Lilith started to feel a burning pain in her body as she continued, but she ignored it and gave it her all. The coffin being surrounded by her dark magic, Lilith pushed herself to her breaking point. She let out a painful scream as she completed the ritual, her horn's glow getting fainter as she fell to the ground fatigued. The coffin started to move around slightly, and the lid came flying off.

"Wow! That was some dream I had!" Pinkie said, her eyes black and red just like Lilith's. "Wait a second! I'm in a coffin, in a graveyard!"

Cadence ran to hug Pinkie tightly. "IT WORKED! OH I'M SO HAPPY! PINKIE! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!"

"Wait! You mean... I really did die?" Pinkie said. "But... how am I alive right now?"

"Celestia!" Lilith yelled. "We can save the heartfelt r-reunion for later!... Hurry up and... p-purify her!"

Celestia nodded and went over to Pinkie Pie, placing her glowing horn on her forehead. "I'm so happy you're back..."

Pinkie's eyes reverted to their normal state, and any trace of demonic energy inside of her had been erased.

"Wait wait wait! The last thing I remember is... being shoved into an oven by Li-" Pinkie said. "LILITH! She's the one who killed me! Where is she!?"

"We'll explain everything to you back at the Castle." Luna said.

"But I have so many questions! and we can't let someone like Lilith roam freely in Ponyville! We have to warn Twilight! We have to-" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, look at that pony over there on the ground." Cadence said.

Pinkie looked over to see a pony with a sky blue mane and pure white coat, collapsed on the ground.

"She doesn't look so good, who is she?" Pinkie said.

"That... is Lilith." Cadence said.

"Lilith!? But she looks so different!" Pinkie said.

"You've been dead for a few years Pinkie, and her appearance has changed." Cadence said.

"But... why is she here!?" Pinkie asked.

"It's true that she may have been the one that killed you." Cadence said. "But she's also the one who revived you, and brought you back to us."

"She... revived me?" Pinkie said, turning around and seeing all her friend's tombstones. "Did she kill... all of my friends?"

"Yes... she did." Cadence said, consoling Pinkie. "But it was her decision to do this, to undo everything that she did."

Cadence and Pinkie looked at Lilith, who lifted her head slightly.

"I'm sorry... Pinkie." Lilith said softly, lowering her head to the ground.

"Wait! Lilith!" Pinkie yelled, running towards her.

Lilith opened her eyes slightly to see a pink pony running towards her. Exhausted, she took a deep breath and fell into a deep sleep.