• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 34 Comments

A Wandering Soul: Demon's Remorse - Kingsley



Lilith, the little filly who slaughtered Twilight and her friends in an effort to keep Twilight for herself, returns with a change of heart.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,625

Remember Your Loyalty

Chapter 4: Remember Your Loyalty


"Oh Lilith..." Pinkie said softly. "Please don't leave us... not yet..."

Lilith opened her eyes slowly and turned to look at Pinkie, who was standing next to her bedside along with Fluttershy.

"You're awake!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Thank goodness! You've been out a lot longer than you were last time!"

"I... I was?" Lilith asked, noticing she was in the infirmary of the Castle, lying in bed. "How long have I been out this time?"

"About 2 weeks." Pinkie said. "I'm not surprised, you were in terrible shape after you finished the ritual, we didn't think you'd make it!"

"2... weeks?" Lilith questioned. "I didn't expect these rituals to have such an impact on my body..."

"Hey, you're bringing ponies back from the dead!" Pinkie said. "I don't expect it to be easy for you."

Lilith tilted her head to look at Fluttershy. Pinkie noticed Fluttershy's silence and nudged her side.

"Come on! Say something!" Pinkie whispered. "She just risked her life to bring you back to life! The least you could do is say thank you!"

"I... I'm..." Fluttershy said.

"You don't have to thank me Fluttershy, it's not like I'm doing this for your praise anyway..." Lilith said. "I'm going to assume that Pinkie explained everything to you?"

"Mhm." Fluttershy said, nodding her head. "I am grateful for what you've done... and happy for your change of heart. I'm just still trying to take this all in!"

"That's understandable." Lilith said. "I just wish that there was an ea-"

"Lilith? Are you alright?" Fluttershy said, noticing her abrupt silence. "Is something wrong?"

Lilith covered her eyes with her hooves and fell back into bed, struggling and turning as her body emitted the red electricity again.

"Lilith!? What's going on!?" Pinkie asked.

"Well now... it looks like that pesky barrier that Celestia put up in your head has finally dissipated..." The Voices said. "I think now is the perfect time to have some fun..."

"Hu-Hurry! Go! Go and get the Princess's!" Lilith yelled, taking her hooves off her eyes and turning to look at Pinkie and Fluttershy. "GO NOW!"

"Lilith!" Pinkie yelled.

"Your eyes..." Fluttershy said despondently.

"I SAID GO! I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN CONTROL MYSELF!" Lilith screamed, as she fell out of bed and continued to struggle on the floor.

"R-Right! We're going now!" Pinkie said, nudging Fluttershy and running out of the infirmary with her.

_________________

The Throne Room
_________________

"Princess Celestia! Luna!" Pinkie yelled, running down the hall with Fluttershy. "Cadence!"

"What's wrong you two? Why are you so scared?" Cadence asked. "Has something happened with Lilith!?"

"Yes! She's losing control of herself again! We have to hurry and stop her before-" Pinkie said, cut off by an explosion.

Everyone turned to look at the hallway where Pinkie and Fluttershy came from, noticing blasts of smoke and ember emitting from it.

"Pinkie Pie! Fluttershy! Get behind us!" Celestia said. "It looks like it's already happened..."

A shadow of a pony could be seen in the smoke, and Lilith emerged from within it, dragging a severed guard's head on the ground with her.

"Oh my Celestia..." Fluttershy said, terrified. "It's just like back in my cottage!..."

Lilith walked slowly towards the 3 Princess's, tossing the guard's head aside.

"Remember sister..." Luna said. "She said we must use lethal force if we have any chance of stopping her."

"I know... we don't have any other choice it seems." Celestia said.

Lilith walked closer and closer until she suddenly stopped, her head looking down at the floor.

"Why has she stopped?" Luna asked.

"I don't know..." Cadence said, taking a big gulp.

Lilith slowly lifted her head and looked at them with her demonic eyes. A huge grin appeared on her face as she did so and she started to snicker.

"Ahh! I'm sorry... but I've been really bored lately!" Lilith said, her voice twisted. "Seeing these flimsy resurrections and happy, warm reunions just makes me sick!"

"Give Lilith back to us!" Cadence yelled.

"Huh?? Give her back? What are you talking about!?" I AM Lilith! Always have been!" Lilith said. "I'm just the more... interesting part of her! The more FUN part of her!"

"Tsh! Is that so?" Cadence said. "Well sorry to say... But I prefer our "boring" Lilith a lot more than I do you!"

"That's too bad, I don't exactly plan to revert back to that old state." Lilith said. "Now if you don't mind, you've become rather annoying, all of you. So I'm going to kill you now okay? Seeing your blood spill is just the pick-me-up I NEED!"

Lilith sprinted towards the 3 Princess's, and vice versa. Pinkie and Fluttershy ran behind Celestia's Throne to hide as they watched them. Their horns colliding with each other, Lilith's horn was teeming with demonic energy, as its dark red glow was emitted fiercely. The 3 Princess's struggled to push Lilith back, as Lilith herself struggled to hold them back.

"Hmph!" Lilith said, jumping back away from the 3 Princess's. "I guess this'll be a bit harder than I had anticipated."

"Give it up! There's no way you can win against all 3 of us!" Cadence exclaimed.

"Hmm..." Lilith said, looking around the room and noticing Pinkie and Fluttershy hiding behind the Throne. "Maybe I just need some help then..."

Lilith built up her magic and shot two blasts from her horn, passing the Princess's and towards Pinkie and Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy get down!" Pinkie yelled, pushing Fluttershy on ground and safeguarding her.

The beams of demonic magic were about to reach them, but dissipated when they got close to them.

"What!?" Lilith said. "What happened to my magic!?"

"You didn't think I'd just leave those two without any forms of defense did you?" Celestia said. "Your magic will not have any effect on them!"

Lilith became infuriated and she stood gritting her teeth.

"It's over for you!" Cadence yelled, shooting her magic at Lilith.

Lilith looked at Cadence, her eyes teeming with malice and anger. She lifted her hoof to block Cadence's attack, and then followed swiftly through by bolting towards her at immense speed.

"Just as expected!" Cadence thought. "Just a little closer..."

Lilith ran and jumped towards Cadence as she got close enough. Cadence flew up in the air as Lilith jumped at her, smiling. Lilith's eyes widened as she saw Princess Luna standing behind where Cadence was, her horn filled to the brim with magic.

"So sorry Lilith." Luna said. "But this is going to hurt I'm afraid."

Luna released her attack upon Lilith, sending her flying back into the center of the Throne Room.

"Gah! You sneaky little..." Lilith said, attempting to stand up but couldn't. "Your magic... was so cold..."

"As the night can be sometimes." Luna said. "You won't be getting up anytime soon."

Lilith struggled to stand up, but her limbs had succumbed to severe frostbite and she only fell down each time.

"Just you wait... I'm going to make you wish you never... you never..." Lilith said, holding her head tightly. "C-Celestia! Hurry and p-purify me! She's weak enough where I can regain control of m-myself!"

"Right!" Celestia said, running towards Lilith's incapacitated body.

"G-Get away from me! I'm not letting you- Hurry up and do it!" Lilith said, her eyes switching between normal and insane.

Celestia lowered her horn upon Lilith's forehead and she screamed with anguish. She struggled violently on the ground, until she eventually calmed down. The frostbite she had succumbed to had also been cleansed with Celestia's magic. Lilith slowly got up and rubbed her eyes, continuing to look up at Celestia.

"...Thank you." Lilith said happily. "Thank you... so much."

"It's what we're here for Lilith." Celestia said. "We won't let you go astray."

"Lilith!" Pinkie said, running up to hug her. "You're back!"

Lilith nodded her head. "...How much damage did I cause?"

"You killed a few castle guards... but that's basically it." Fluttershy said.

"We know you didn't mean it, you're not in any trouble Lilith." Luna said. "We're all just glad that you've come back to us."

"I guess I just can't ever stop can I?..." Lilith said softly. "...Well, despite being in the condition I'm in, I can perform the next resurrection now if you want."

"Are you sure Lilith?" Cadence said. "I mean, you were lying in a pool of your own blood with the last one... are you really okay doing this?"

"I don't care about my well being, nor do I care about the consequences of performing this multiple times." Lilith said. "I just want to see this through to the end."

Cadence nodded. "Well, then let's go to the Courtyard..."

__________________

Canterlot Courtyard
__________________

Four coffins remained, and Lilith continued to recreate the pentagram for the third time.

"Alright, here we go again." Lilith said, looking back at everyone who is keeping their distance.

As Lilith was about to begin, she felt the pat of a hoof on her back.

"Pinkie?" Lilith said. "What are you doing? Go back with the others where it's safe!"

Pinkie nodded her head in disagreement. "There's no need for that."

"Don't you understand? If something goes wrong you could easily end up dying again! You wouldn't be able to-" Lilith said.

"Lilith, nothing bad is going to happen." Pinkie said, smiling.

"How... How can you be so sure of that?" Lilith asked.

"Because you're my friend Lilith!" Pinkie said. "I trust you! I know that you want nothing more than the best for us!"

"You're... my friend?" Lilith said softly. "We're... friends?"

"Of course! How could we not be?" Pinkie said. "Now come on! Let's get this ritual started!"

Lilith turned to look back at the pentagram and she used her magic to set a coffin down in the center.

"I believe in you Lilith!" Pinkie said.

A tear came running down Lilith's face as her horn started to glow fiercely. The magic engulfed the coffin and Pinkie stood by Lilith's side as she performed it. Blood started rushing down from her eyes and mouth again, and this time the sound of not just bones shattering, but the sound of organs failing and bursting could be heard. Lilith's vision started to fade, and she felt as if she was going to fall and pass out. But Pinkie acted as her support, and helped her stand as she completed the ritual.

The coffin shook and the lid came flying off, a rainbow pegasus emerged from within and Princess Celestia went over to purify her before anything else.

"...Okay, someone has got some serious explaining to do around here!" Rainbow Dash said.

Lilith smiled, and then fell back into Pinkie's hooves as her body teemed with electricity, trying to keep her alive as she passed out one more.