• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 677 Views, 8 Comments

The Beckoning of Nature - Dragonborne Fox



Around a decade after the Elements of Nature were announced as new alicorns, an entirely new threat arises from the ashes. Would the Elements defeat them, or will they crumble into nothingness?

  • ...
4
 8
 677

Epilogue - Balance Restored

The Hives, Crystal Nation, and the Gryphon Kingdom were repaired and restored to their former glories in three-years time. Cadence once again ruled the Crystal Palace as did Chrysalis her hives. Gilda helped everyone she could, doing good deeds left, right, and sideways.

Cadence, Chrysalis, and the newly-throned Gryphon King all made negotiations with Celestia and her fellow alicorns, including the Elements of Harmony and Nature. The Changelings would be allowed to roam free in Equestria as long as they did not cause trouble. If one drone did cause trouble, he was condemned by the Hives-- as in, sent to the gallows. Unless he was proven innocent. They still had to feed on love, of course, but criminals who did serious misdeeds were sent straight to the hives. It was simply a sacrifice that needed to be made in order to keep the balance of the treaty.

The Gryphons had a new route on which to transport goods: They first had to stop at the Palace of Nature before going to Canterlot or the Crystal Empire. It was much easier that way because from the tops of the Palace one could see the landscape and thus make accurate judgements. It also used less energy on the individual.

As for the Crystal Ponies, they too roamed free within Equestria, though as with all species, some chose to stay secluded. Many adored their crystalline coats, and some ponies from the larger cities made it to the Crystal Mountains to become crystal ponies themselves. As a matter of fact, all the alicorns in the Palace of Nature went there as well just to see what it felt like. And for the hell of it, they brought TV-girl with them to see if it would affect her the way it affected them. It did give her a crystalline figure, though they were shocked.

At last, balance has been restored.

Comments ( 8 )

I really like the sequel a lot more here. The fast pace nature is needed here and no moment I feel drag or rush.

Hi! Your story's been reviewed in the Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! Hope it's of some use :)

4019264 It is of use.Half of me is saying people should sugar-coat everything (as far as criticism is concerned), but I know that won't get me anywhere. :pinkiesick:

"If nothing bad is said, then nothing good gets done." :rainbowwild:

4019274
Amen to that. It's the hardest part of being a writer, neh?

4019286 Especially since I am A) still somewhat of a noob and B) my mind isn't exactly in quite the right place.

I might consider re-writing the whole thing, except for a good deal of chapter one. But that won't get done until after I finish with Legion's Plague, which got a new chapter today.

4019297
Being a noob is okay: we all have to start somewhere.

On top of the comments in my review, you may find the Writer's Academy at Scribophile of some use. It has some wonderful articles on major areas of writing.

4019321

Being a noob is okay: we all have to start somewhere.

True that. :rainbowwild:

The Writer's Academy.....I'll pay it a visit tomorrow. :rainbowderp:

Login or register to comment