• Published 16th Oct 2011
  • 7,191 Views, 71 Comments

Golden Crests and Apple pie. - Swagg



Rainbow Dash and Soarin shipping!!

  • ...
5
 71
 7,191

Chapter 5

On an open grassy field just outside of Ponyville, a cyan hoof went up to gauge the wind. "Hm, not too bad."Rainbow Dash mused.

She was still working on her day off.

Since Featherwing's father had found her slacking off with her coltfriend again that afternoon, both her and Rainbow were being punished.One actually had to do something, while the other had to spend valuable flying time with a lazier mare than herself and show her the ropes in a Captain's weather duties.

Rainbow may have helped Featherwing out with her morning's shift, but that didn't necessarily mean she had to like her. She only got sucked in because of all the begging- but then, after considering, she'd soon refused to do any more of the unpaying labor. Apparently this was a good enough reason for Featherwing to blame their misfortune on Rainbow, even if she did tell her she wasn't filling in anymore.

Being captain of the weather team for a small town like Ponyville, a place where you barely needed over three ponies to work the skies during the day, was a big deal to Dash. And something most ponies didn't realise she took very seriously. like all jobs, it had its up's and down's.

For one, there was all that stupid papperwork to sort through when she got home every day...Rainbow Dash hated homework.

But there were considerably more benefits to make all the torment worth it....

Behind her, the whinny little voice of an ungrateful mare piped up in complant. "This stinks! It wasn't my fault the coulds wern't cleared propperly." Featherwing was shooting Rainbow another accusing glare.

Well, almost all the torment was worth it.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, but kept her gaze glued to the skies above. "Hey, I told you I wasn't filling in anymore! What more do you want?!"

Feather huffed in annoyance, mumbling to herself. More than once Rainbow caught the words 'stupid' and 'unfair'.

It had been three hours of torture for the rainbow pegasus. The boss didn't mean for it to be, he just wanted to teach his little girl a lesson in self discipline, but he had also unknowingly put Rainbow Dash through some hell that day- even if he promised her another two off.

It was just non-stop TALKING about a COLT of all things possible! How could anypony keep up such a boring topic for so long?! Rainbow Dash thought her ears were going to bleed!

"...I mean he's kind, he's gentle, he has great teeth- Oh!and did I tell you he plays golf?" Featherwing's dreamy sigh almost made Dash wanna puke into the cloud she was shifting. "He's such an athlete..."

Ignoring Featherwing obviously wasn't working,and try as Rainbow might to veer the conversation in a different direction, it all just ended in horrible failure. It was hopeless.Anypony with a brain knew getting a filly with a crush to stop talking about some colt wasan uphill battle.An impossible, painful task.

But then again, Dash had always found thetopic ofcoltfriend's antagonising. The way Rarity spoke of romance made both her and Applejack gag. Prehaps for her at least it had something to do with her fillyhood 'Rainbow Crash' faze, when everypony picked on her for being so tomcolt-ish? Or maybe it was the mild fact that she'd never even had a real crush before?

The thought stopped Rainbow dead in her tracks. Had she honestly just realised that?!

Something hard slammed into the dazed mare, forcing her head inside the rain could she'd been pushing from behind.

Bits of cloud clung to her maneand eyes when she pulled it out again, glaring back at Featherwing, who had still been more of a hindrance than a help.

The younger pegasus looked at her with a shrug. "What? Not my fault you stopped all of a sudden."

Rainbow Dash sighed for the 50th time that hour. "Just, go get that cloudand bring it here will you?" she shook her head vigorously and whipped the dampness from her face.

"What... that one?" Featherwing pointed a hoof in the complete opposite direction to which Rainbow had mentioned.

"No, that way."

"...This one?"

"The ones over there!"

"Here...?" Feather asked.

"It's that one!... no, over a bit, your other left....Ugh, here let me do it!"

...Okay, Rainbow walked right into that.


A few hours later and Rainbow Dash was still doing all the work while Featherwing talked her cyan coat off.

The mare was manipulative in the way she was acting, pretending not to understand a word Rainbow said in exchange for not doinganything at all. Eventually, our favorite speedster flier was forced to give up.

But it wasn't long after when Rainbow finally cracked. Everypony knew shifting clouds while frustrated or angry was a very bad idea. Rainbow Dash just happened to be in both those moods.

The outcome wasn't good.

"Hey, watch the lightning bolts!"

"Well sorrrry, your highness! You're the one who got all moody and made the stupid storm in the first place."

"Can't blame me for being forced to listen to you all day! Do you even know how to clear a thunderstorm?"

"No, but if I did, I bet could do it ten times better than you!"

The cloud they were shouting over was getting darker the more they argued.

"Whatever,just get your flank back down hereand help me out." Rainbow grunted as she pulledon the tugging cloud- it was almost as if it were aliveand purposely trying to get to Ponyville or something.

Featherwing blinked at her from the higher, more peaceful cloud she'd just sat down on, considering getting her well groomed mane and tail wet for about a second. "meh, you've got it under control."

"What?!" Another twinge of frustration could actually be seen in Rainbow's tired wings- it almost made her loose control over what she was doing. "Y'know, the clouds out here drift in from the Everfree Forestand they're KINDA DANGEROUS!" She shouted, struggling.

"Well maybe you should have thought of that before you made thisone into a giant puff of doom! This is your problem, not mine."

Ohhh, if Rainbow wasn't intenton keeping Ponyville dry...!!

"Featherwing, when I get up there I'm going t- AGH!!" Barely avoiding a hard thunder strike to the left wing, Rainbow Dash tumbled backwards in a spiraland crashed into a prickly bush below. It wasn't along fall, for the growing storm wasonly at tree's height, but it was pelting the ground with rain so hard it left muddy im prints with each drop.

Rainbow's hide was no different.

By the time she was able to scrabble her way out of her stinging position in the prickle bush , she was already bruised, cutand soaked to the bone, wincing as every strand of water felt like a knife slicing through her skin.

Featherwing was gone.

---Meanwhile, in a deeper part of Ponyville---

Soarin' had never been happier to slam a door in his life. The pink pony Rainbow Dash apparently hung out with wasn't making this situation of obsessive fans and crazed fillies any better, if anything, she was making it worse. Her constant talking, general gibberish and one-sided conversations were sure to make him go insane before he even finished locking the door with a wardrobe.

Thankfully,anypony not staying at the hotel resort were quickly kicked out of the lobby for disturbing the peace.

Well, there was another 'brilliant' idea of Pinkie Pie's thrown down the drain. Why did he keep listening to her?! She was crazy!

"I don't... think this is working." he panted, feeling more comfortable speaking when the loud noises and chanting moved to the streets. Pinkie Pie, although he had no idea why, was trying to help him get out in public without being recognised. So far, he'd been dressed like a mummy, walked with a newspaper about himself stuck to his face, turned into a mud monsterand failed horribly at every tactic thought of.

The young Wonderbolt sighed and slumped to the ground, watching with little interest as Pinkie Pie bounced around his temporary room in awe of everything and anything she saw.

"Oh golly! This is like the biggest bestest hotelroom I've ever seen! I know i keep saying that but do you stay in fancy places like this all the time?" She zipped through another door. "Hey, what's this do?"

Soarin' barely had a chance to panic before there was a load crash, bang and thump from the bathroom.

"...Oopsie!"

He facehoofed.
---
AN;// Sorry a million times for the long wait. I haven't been feeling too right in the head recently. I still can't sleep, everything i eat tastes like crapand school starts up again in a few days. Hope you guys can put up withanother short chapter??? I haven't had a chance to look for spelling or grammar errors so feel free to point them out. I hope to get the next chapter out a lot sooner than this one.

Comments ( 15 )

:facehoof:...sorry guys, my computer decided to put this in block format as soon as I published it. ughhh...*goes to fix*

168846

I have sent you a message with some spelling and grammar fixes.

Holy Celestia so many " missing space" spots but still great story so far

169047 yeah, it's my computer that keeps doing that every time I go to edit a spelling error xP dunno whats wrong with it.

Well if you want, I'd be happy to preread/edit the chapters for you, PM me if you're interested.

And even with a repost it still ate your formatting. I'm getting tags where a word is italicized.

Well worth the wait ^_^

Hot diggity daffodil! A new chapter! And here I thought this story had gone quiet! I won't waste time with the errors in form, as you seem to know about them already. Everyone seems in character, and Pinkies antics are pretty accurate as well. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

another chapter please

Hope this story hasn't been abandoned. Looking forward to the next chapter.

The characters don't seem OOC. The writing is fine. Though, I'm concerned about whether you're paying attention to grammar.

Have you considered getting an editor?

I liked it another chapter please

But a side note watch your spacing a few words were jumbled together:applejackunsure:

Why won't you update this??!!!:raritydespair:

When’s the next chapter?

Login or register to comment