• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,277 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,277

PreviousChapters Next
Fall of the Three Terrors.

He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words. ~ Elbert Hubbard.


Twilight and Soul opened their eyes to see that they were standing in front of Golden Oaks Library. “You two must not tell anypony as to what happened in Canterlot. If you do then it might cause wide spread panic and hysteria. Do you understand?” Twilight and Soul nodded. “Good now we must hide.” Both of the ponies nodded and they walked toward the Everfree Forest. “Oh and Twilight?”

“Yes Fang?”

“You might want to raise the sun.” Twilight gasped and looked at the sky before letting her horn glow.

Canterlot an hour later.

Shining Armor walked out of a tower and looked to the night sky. He saw the moon lower in a very awkward manner before seeing the sun rise in a manner just as strange. He was so preoccupied watching the sun rise that he didn't see the guards behind him float off to the side. He felt his helmet disappear and looked around, only to see Discord with said helmet on his head. “Shining Armor, why, whatever are you doing here?”

The white unicorn growled and jumped away from the spirit of chaos. “Back off, traitor!”

“The only one Discord betrayed was himself.” Tirek, and Grogar walked out of the tower in front of him while Arabus floated up behind them. He watched as they stole the youth, shadow, and magic of a unicorn guard that Tirek had in hand. “Abandoning his true nature to make friends with weak-minded equines who offer him nothing!” Shining Armor raised an eyebrow.

“You may be a centaur and a... Living cloud..."

"I'm a Jinn..." Mumbled the being known as Arabus.

Armor rolled his eyes. "Whatever, anyway if you hate equines so much then why are you working with a ram?” Grogar growled.

“I am not equine! I am a member of the Capra gene family!” Shining Armor suddenly shot a bolt of magic at the ram, only to have Tirek catch it, crush in in his hand until it looked like a ball, pop it in his mouth, chew it up, and laugh before picking him up and stealing the rest of his magic while the others stole his youth and shadow.

Tirek dropped him and the white unicorn looked at Discord. “How... Could you... Do this?” Shining Armor fell to the ground and Discord blinked before frowning. He considered for a second if what he was doing would actually benefit him in any way. Sure he would be able to cause chaos, but he would also be hated by the ponies again.

Tirek walked up and placed a hand on Discord's shoulder. “Why don't you go and have a little fun? We won't stand in your way.” The three escapes from Tartarus walked by him and he turned towards Canterlot before laughing.


The doors to the throne room flew open as the three creatures that had re-corrupted Discord stepped inside. The princesses looked up at them and growled as they walked towards them. Tirek opened his mouth and inhaled, as did Arabus and Grogar, only to find that they absorbed nothing. “What have you done?!” They inhaled again, harder this time, but got the same result. “Where is your magic!? Your youth!? Your shadows!?” At that moment Sunset and Dream walked in before going wide eyed. Tirek turned around and inhaled draining some of the magic from the young alicorns. “You three may not have any. But they do!” Arabus and Grogar turned around and inhaled as well, draining them of what they wanted. Arabus picked the two up and floated them next to their respective mothers.

Fang's Castle.

Soul's eyes widened as he realized something. “Guys! We have a major problem in Canterlot!” Fang and Twilight turned around and raised an eyebrow. “We got what they want from Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, but that's only three alicorns! There are five in Canterlot! We forgot Dream and Sunset!” Fang and Twilight gasped and looked at each other with fear in their eyes. “Wait a second... Where are your kids!?” Fang and Twilight gasped again. They had forgotten the children in the library. The two alicorns turned around and galloped out of the castle doors with Soul following close behind.

Canterlot.

“Getting rid of your magic, shadows, and youth so that we could not take them from you? That was your plan?" Tirek, was sitting on the throne while Grogar and Arabus sat on either side of him. He smirked and summoned three orange orbs. Each representing the regular pony tribes. “How does it feel, knowing that soon, every pegasus, unicorn and earth pony will bow to the will of me, Grogar, and Arabus, and that there is nothing you can do to stop it?”

Celestia sighed. “You three shall not prevail Tirek.” The three demons growled as a portal opened behind the alicorns. Tirek lifted them up with his magic.

“You five... Give our regards to Cerberus.” He then threw them thorough the portal before closing it.

“You meant the will of Tirek, Grogar, Arabus, and Discord didn't you?” The three turned and saw Discord messing with a stained glass window.

They smiled and walked over to the Draconequus. “Of course. Here, I want you to have something.” Tirek ripped the necklace he wore from around his neck and tied it around Discords. “This was given to me by someone very close to me. I give it to you as a sign of our gratitude and loyalty.” Grogar and Arabus nodded in agreement.

Discord looked down and grabbed the necklace and held it up to his face. “Oh, my! I do love a good accessory. I suppose that's Rarity's influence.”

Tirek looked at the stained glass window in front of him. It depicted the four of them having a picnic with Tirek holding a giant sandwich and Discord sitting on his back with a sword with one of the tips of said sandwich falling on Grogar's head. Tirek laughed at the scene. “Amusing. But we have no time for such things. With the princesses out of the way, we can now-”

“IS THIS MEANT TO BE HUMOROUS!?” Tirek turned to see Grogar pointing at a window. Tirek walked over and growled when he saw it. It depicted Fang and Twilight with Dusk sitting on his mother's back and Dawn sitting on her father's, and Ana standing in between them.

Discord waved them off. “Oh, no, I haven't touched that one yet.” Arabus floated over and growled at the image.

“I recognize the black one but there are four more besides him and the ones we caught in the castle? And you did not tell us this!?” Discord sighed.

“I just needed some assurance that you three truly considered this a team effort between us. And now I have it.” He smiled and held up the necklace.

Tirek walked over and grabbed Discord's neck. “Then where can we find these alicorns? Where are their castles?”

Discord laughed. “Castles? Oh no, no no no no, no! The two big ones, Fang and Twilight, are married and the smaller ones are their children! They all live together! It's just one castle, in the Everfree Forest, on the outskirts of Ponyville! Castles?” He broke out laughing again. “And... I know a way to prevent the two grown ones from fighting back. Their friends live in Ponyville. So how about we take them and then offer them in a trade if they are too strong to beat.”

Arabus chuckled. “Capital idea Discord! Capital I say!” Tirek, Grogar, and Arabus began to walk, and float, away, while they did this the centaur in the group caused the glass to melt, then before they knew it, they were in Ponyville thanks to Discord's magic. However they all looked like unicorn ponies so as not to arouse, too much, suspicion.

They turned and saw a group of five mares and five stallions talking with each other. “Alright, y'all. I think we've warned everypony to stay inside like Fang, Twilight, and Soul asked us to.” Arabus groaned at the orange mare's country accent. He hated country accents.

“I'm sure Discord will catch those three escapees from Tartarus like he told me he would and that this will all be over soon.” Grogar groaned. She sounded so kind. Too kind. He wanted to break the wings of the yellow pegasus who had just said that.

The blue pegasus with a rainbow mane flew up and growled. “I bet he takes his sweet time.”

“Or maybe these things just take time.” Every single one of them turned to see Discord. The yellow pegasus smiled, dashed over and hugged him.

“You're back! Did you bring the cucumber sandwiches for the picnic?” Discord smiled and snapped his fingers causing a platter full of sandwiches to appear.

“I did.” Then he slowly dropped them. “I imagine they'll be your last decent meal for quite some time.” He snapped his fingers and caused a cage to appear around the ten ponies, who all began shouting at him. “Ta-da! Here you go boys!” Tirek, Grogar, and Arabus changed back into their normal forms and moved over to the cage.

Tirek smiled. “You've gathered up all of them?” Discord nodded.

“All except for their children, Soul, and Trixie, but I'm pretty sure that Soul has their shadows and that he is staying as far away from Trixie as possible.” Discord let his hand drift near the cage and Spike bit him. “Ouch!”

Fluttershy began crying. “Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends!” Discord chuckled.

“Oh, we were. But they offered me so much more than just tea parties. Surely you saw this coming.” Fluttershy shook her head and buried her face in Applejack's chest.

“I didn't. I really didn't.” The three escapes inhaled and absorbed their youth, magic, and shadows.

“Do you really think that they'll do anything for them?” Discord nodded.

“If they have magic, shadows, and youth to give then it will be yours. Soon there won't be a pegasus, earth pony or unicorn who will be able to stand up against the four of us.” He heard wild laughter from the other three and opened his eyes.

Four of us? Who said anything about four of us?” Discord pointed at the three.

“You did.” Arabus laughed.

“You've helped us grow strong, you've provided the means by which we can obtain the magic, shadows, and youth of alicorns, and now you are no longer of any use to us.” Tirek grabbed Discord and lifted him up. The three opened their mouths and took what they wanted from him before turning and going to leave.

Discord grabbed and held up the necklace. “But you said this was a sign of your gratitude and loyalty. A gift from someone close to you.”

Tirek sneered while the other two laughed. “My brother who betrayed me and got me trapped in Tartarus in the first place. It is as worthless us as he is.” The three continued to walk away before Arabus stopped in front of the library and Grogar looked down the road. “What’s wrong with you two?”

“I sense strong magic.” Arabus floated towards the library.

“And I hear my Bells of Suffering ringing.” The ram ran off down the road.

Tirek snorted and trotted off. “Surely you saw this comin.” Discord looked back at the ponies.

“I didn't. I truly didn't.”


Inside the library Ana gasped and looked for a place to hide. She saw a small cabinet and grabbed her little brother and sister before running over and hiding them in it. She turned around to the sound of the door opening and closed the cabinet, hoping that whoever it was had not seen her. Arabus floated into the kitchen and smiled. “Looks like I get to snack on the shadow of an alicorn filly.” He opened his mouth and absorbed her shadow, causing her to become too weak to fight back. “I suppose we could use you as a bargaining chip as well.” With that he left the library with Ana in hand. He hadn't even seen the two foals that had poked their heads out of the cabinet to see what was going on.


Trixie was sitting at her dining room table and looking at the floor. She had driven Soul off because she had basically tried to rape him all day yesterday. She knew that he would be back after tomorrow was over, but it still didn't get rid of the shame. She turned her head and jingled on of the bells on a red collar that had been passed down through the Lula moon family for fifteen eons. For some reason the sound of these bells always helped her feel better. There was a knock on the door and Trixie looked out of the kitchen. She saw Hex open the door and scream before getting dragged out by a cloven hoof. Trixie got up and slowly went over to check and see if it was a joke. Her little brother liked to play scary pranks from time to time. Suddenly a ram ran in and looked at her. “Where are my bells!?”

Trixie blinked. “Bells?” She shook her head and fired a spell at the ram. “Where's my little brother!?”

Grogar hopped over the spell. “Oh he's outside. He's a little worse for wear, but I didn't kill him or anything. Now I ask again. Where are my...” His eyes drifted to the side and he spotted the bells on the table. He ran up, pushed Trixie out of the way and put the collar around his neck. He looked at Trixie and shot a lightning bolt at her with his horns. She ducked and it mostly missed, it did singe the end of her tail however. She looked up, only to see Grogar's eyes and his open mouth. She looked down at her hoof and saw it was starting to wrinkle, but then it stopped and turned back to its normal youthful appearance. “You smell like you're in heat... Maybe I'll use you to have children...” Trixie growled and bit the ram's leg for even thinking that. She wasn't some kind of broodmare. “...Or we could just trade you to the shade so he will let Arabus eat him... Or maybe both.” The ram sighed. “It doesn't matter...” He picked the mare up and teleported away, bringing Hex with them as well.

Ten minutes later.

The two alicorns and the unicorn arrived at the library and ran inside. “Ana? Dawn? Dusk?” Fang and Soul looked around for the foals. Twilight was about to search too, but then she heard crying and ran into the kitchen. She looked at the source of the crying, opened the cabinet, and pulled out her two foals. “Shh... Shh... It's ok...” She looked in the cabinet to see if Ana was in there and noticed she wasn't. She looked at the two foals. “I don't suppose you two know where your sister is, do you?”

“Awa gown! Mwewie towk hwr!” Twilight blinked and looked at Dawn.

“Mwen Cwowd towk hwr!” Twilight looked at Dusk.

“Ana's gone, a mean cloud took her?” The two foals nodded rapidly. Twilight gasped and ran out of the kitchen. “Arabus took Ana!” She heard Soul growl and watched as he punched a hole in the wall.

“That bastard! I could at least understand why he ate shades, he needs to eat shadows to keep his strength, but going after an innocent filly who can barely use magic? One that only has enough arcane energy to shape snow and levitate things? That's way too far! I'm going to kill him this time for sure!”

“Twilight Sparkle! Crimson Fang! Tamashii Souto!” The three walked over to the door and saw Tirek standing in the middle of the town square. “You have something that we want!” Arabus floated up to the centaur and shook his head. “Still haven't been able to find them?”

“They haven't, but I have.” The three ponies yelped and turned around. Sitting there with an unconscious Trixie and Hex next to him, was Grogar.

Soul growled. “You motherbucker! I'll say this once. Let. Them. Go.” The ram just sneered.

“Do you really thing you can overpower me? I have taken the youth of thousands of ponies, three alicorns, and a Draconequus.” Fang raised an eyebrow and the two black magic users began to circle each other.

“I thought you and Discord were working together.” Grogar sneered again.

“Us? Working with someone that was friends with a pony? Never! He was a means to an end! He helped us to grow strong once more, and once he had, he was as useless as his precious friendship with you weak minded, simple, creatures.” Fang scoffed in response.

“Weak minded? You are the weak minded one Grogar. At least ponies know the difference between right and wrong! Now stand still, and let me send you back to Tartarus!” Fang lit up his horn but heard a laugh from behind him. Turning around they saw that Arabus was now floating in the doorway.

“Now now Monster King, you wouldn't want to lose your daughter, now would you?” He snapped his fingers and a cage made of storm clouds appeared. Inside was Ana, missing her magic, shadow, and youth. Twilight's horn glowed and their foals disappeared in a flash of light. When he sensed how strong her magic was Arabus turned around. “Oh Tirek! I think I found where the princesses hid their magic, youth, and shadows!” The sound of thunderous galloping caught their attention and they were suddenly pulled out of the library by Tirek's magic.

“You three will give us what we want!” He opened his mouth and went to absorb their magic, before getting hit in the head with a brick. He growled and looked around. “Who threw that!?”

“Boring. This is so boring, this is so boring. Get to the fight!” Looking around they saw that sitting on one of the branches of the library, was Lepus. He was sitting in a reclining chair made of smoke and eating popcorn. “Wow... Discord really does know how to live an easy life... Well he does when he still has his magic at least.” The rabbit threw some popcorn into his mouth, saw that Tirek, Twilight, Soul and Fang were all charging up a spell to blast him with and yawned. When they fired the spell he simply raised a paw and batted it away like it was a fly. “Now Tirek. You and I know that while you may be strong, I still have enough power to send you packing back to Tartarus...” Tirek gulped, Twilight went wide eyed. She knew that Lepus had been dangerous before, but now she was worried about Fang. If he could scare a demon like Tirek, then just imagine what he could do to a pony. She knew that her husband was a god, but he was still a pony. “Now then, I didn't bust you three out just so you could bore me... So hide your captives and fight them!”


Soul growled at the demon for releasing creatures that could cause all of Equestria to wither up and die, when he suddenly heard the sound of bells. He turned just in time for Grogar to ram him, knock him to the ground, and open his mouth. Soul watched as a green mist ran from his own mouth and into the ram's. He tried to fight back and knock the ram off but found that he couldn't. ‘What's going on!? Why can't I- He's taking my youth!’ He felt the last bit of his youth drain away, then the ram was suddenly knocked off of him and to the side. Fang was now standing next to the shade and helping him up.

“Are you ok?” The shade nodded and turned towards where the ram had landed when they heard laughing.

“The youth of three alicorns and a shade prince... I feel so powerful!!!” Grogar stood up and continued to laugh. Slowly small spikes began to grow out of his horns and he became one and a half times his size. He opened his eyes, and even from ten feet away, Fang can see his eyes had changed. They looked like his own when he was in his god form, red with cat like pupils. His small goatee started to flow in a nonexistent wind as well. It took Fang and Soul a moment to realize what was going on.

“Soul... Twilight... We need to beat these three into the ground right-” Tirek growled and slapped Fang away.

“Grogar! You take the black one! Arabus! You take the shade! The mare is mine!” The ram ran off towards Fang, while Tirek picked Twilight up and threw her into the distance, more specifically, into the side of a mountain.

“Looks like it's just you and me Arabus!” Soul turned around and growled at the cloud demon. Arabus just laughed.

“Now, now. Let us be civil shade prince.” Soul raised an eyebrow at the demon.

“Prince? What are you talking about?” The demon laughed.

“Oh I suppose that you don't remember how I devoured your mother and that the sight of her death caused your father to go insane... Anyway... Let us work this out like the civil beings we are, I'll make a trade with you.” Arabus snapped his fingers and a cloud cage containing Trixie and Hex appeared. Trixie began to stir and sat up. “It's a simple trade, your shadows for the blue unicorns.”

“Soul! Don't do it! I know that you can beat him!” Arabus laughed and looked at the blue mare.

“Oh sure he can! Or at least he could...” Arabus turned back and looked at Soul. “If he was a god! But he isn't, he is nothing but a worthless, little, shadow golem who couldn't stop me from eating his precious mother, and making his father go insane!” Arabus chuckled and looked at Trixie again. “And we all know that if he doesn't accept, you'll just become a broodmare for Grogar.”

‘Broodmare for Grogar. Broodmare for Grogar! Broodmare for Grogar!?’ Soul's eye twitched. That phrase had caused something in his mind to snap. Soul pulled out his sword and charged at the demon after letting loose a roar that a deaf pony could hear. “FIRST I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO TINY PIECES, PUT THE PIECES IN AN AIRTIGHT BOX AND THROW THAT BOX INTO A VALCOANO! THEN I'M GOING TO RIP THAT RAM'S SPINE OUT THROUGH HIS TEETH!” In his rage Soul didn't notice that a bolt of lightning was coming at him from the side. He jumped and was about to impale Arabus' head, only to be blasted away by the said bolt of lightning.

“Thank you Grogar. Did the black one throw you over here?” The ram nodded. “Now I am going to wait until he gets here before I eat the shade.” The cloud demon floated over and picked Soul up. The shade growled at the demon and tried to fight back, only to find that his grip was too strong. “Do you want to know a secret young prince?” A malicious smile appeared on Arabus' face. “When I ate your mother, I didn't just eat her.”

Soul looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“You young shade, were going to be a big brother.” Soul's eyes went wide and he let loose a loud, draconic, roar.

“YOU FUCKING BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!” Fang flew over a hill in the distance and saw the scene. He immediately dashed towards Arabus with the intent of getting him to release his friend. Only to be blocked by walls made of bone.

Arabus turned around and gave an evil laugh. “Say goodbye to your friends young shade! You no longer belong in this world!” The demon opened his mouth and inhaled. Fang, Trixie, and Hex could just sit there and watch as the shade was devoured along with the shadows of the princesses. Once Soul was gone Arabus laughed and grew until he was the size of the library. For Fang and the Lulamoon siblings time slowed down, as the sapphire that was set in the hilt of Soul's blade, and the cloak the shade wore, fell to the ground. They were all that was left of their friend. Fang shook with rage before glaring at the two demons who had just taken his brother in all but blood. Drawing his own blade he channeled a spell through it, releasing a flash of light that blinded the demons. When their sight cleared Trixie, Hex, Fang and all that was left of Soul were gone.

Fang teleported the three of them away. When Trixie opened her eyes she gasped at where they were. The Tree of Harmony. “You two stay here... What I am about to do to those two is not going to be pretty. I am about to doing something that nopony should ever witness.” Fang charged up a teleportation spell and left the two Lulamoons there. Or so he thought. Trixie had grabbed onto the end of his tail just as he teleported, taking her with him. Fang looked behind himself and frowned. “Trixie! I thought I told you to stay at the Tree of Harmony.”

“You did, but I want to help you! Soul wasn't just your best friend! He was my coltfriend, and I want to help avenge him!” Fang looked at the blue mare for a second.

“Do you really want to avenge him? Or are you asking just so that you can say that you helped defeat Tirek, Arabus, and Grogar?” Trixie growled at Fang for insinuating that she only wanted to do this because ponies might recognize her as a hero, so she bit his leg. When she did, Fang smiled. “That answers my question. Stand still.” Fang's horn glowed and he shot a beam at Trixie's horn. A few seconds later the beam stopped and Fang began to pant. “There... I gave you half of my magical energy, but I want it back after we are done with this... Understand?” The blue unicorn mare nodded


Arabus laughed and began to form balls of lightning to form in his hands. “So many shadows! I feel like a god!!!” He opened his eyes and saw that Grogar was having a hard time standing up. “What's wrong Grogar? Scared of my size?” The ram pointed behind him and Arabus turned around. There he saw Trixie and Fang. They were different however. Fang was covered in what looked to be black and white flames while Trixie was covered in flames that were a deep, dark, blue.

YOU ATE MY BEST FRIEND... AND HAVE UNLEASHED THE FULL WRATH OF A GOD UPON YOURSELF!!!” The clouds overhead began to swirl until they completely blocked out the sun. Leaving nothing but darkness. “MAY THE BLOOD OF THE DAMNED RAIN DOWN UPON YOU!!!” A crack of thunder and a flash of lightning was soon followed by the pitter patter of rain. Trixie felt a raindrop on her and looked down at it. She gasped at what she saw. It wasn't water that had landed on her muzzle, it was blood. Fang had literally commanded the clouds to rain blood, without the use of magic. He had done it with just his voice. “MAY THE SCREAMS OF THE INNOCENT ECHO IN YOUR EARS!!!” Trixie watched as the ground began to crack open and flames shot out of the crevices. Soon spirits began to rise from the flaming fissures and filled the air with unholy sounds of pain and torment. Fang appeared in front of Arabus in a flash of flame and the demon fell to the ground shaking with fear. “MAY YOU ROT IN TARTARUS AS LONG AS YOU LIVE AND BREATH!!! FOR YOU DO NOT DESERVE YOUR FREEDOM!!!!!” He charged up a massive spell and fired it at Arabus, when the dust cleared Arabus was still there, but he was considerably smaller, and shadows were flying out of his body.

“MY SHADOWS!!!” Arabus tried to inhale them all again and got hit by another massive spell, and another, and another, soon there was a massive crater on the hill that Arabus used to be laying on. Fang landed and slowly walked over to the demon. "W-wait! Please! Don’t kill me!”

"Oh I'm not going to kill you... I'm going to send you back to Tartarus. Right now!" Fang's horn glowed and he shot a spell straight into Arabus' chest. The next thing the demon knew, he was being pulled back into Tartarus, or more specifically, he was being ripped back into Tartarus from the inside out.

In Tartarus.

Sunset, Luna, Dream, Cadence, and Celestia were sitting in Tartarus, chained to the ground by magical shackles. The yellow alicorn looked at her family and sighed. "Well... I guess none of us have anything else to do but talk... So... I'll as the first question. What are your full names? Mine is Princess Sunset Shimmer and I am the Goddess of Flames." Everypony gave the yellow alicorn a deadpan stare. "What? Is there something wrong with wanting to know the full names of the ponies in my family?" They all looked between each other and smiled.

Cadence was the first one to speak up. "You know me as Cadence, but my full name is Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. As you know I protect the Crystal Empire, and I am the Goddess of love."

"My names Sweet Dream! I haven't gotten the title of princess, or a cutie mark, or found out what I'm the goddess of yet, but I'm working on it! I am sure that my special talent lies somewhere in my mommy's hoofsteps. Hopefully my talent will fit my name. Just think of seeing a statue of me in the royal gardens with a golden plaque that says 'Princess Sweet Dream, the Princess of Dreams'." Everypony blinked and looked at the eleven year old filly. "What? A filly can dream can't she?" The others giggled.

"My name is Princess Celestia Ilios Sunflare. I am the Goddess of the Sun and the Day, and I protect Equestria." Everypony smiled at Celestia before they looked at Luna. They all noticed she was looking at the ground. "Luna? What's wrong?" The moon goddess looked up and smiled.

"Oh nothing. It's just that our shadows are back which means Arabus is back in Tartarus." The alicorns all looked down, sure enough, they had shadows. "Um... Was it my turn to answer Sunset's question?" They alicorns all nodded. "My name is Princess Luna Selini Starlight. I am the Goddess of the Moon and the Night, and I protect Equestria along with my sister."

"Thank you. Cadence since you answered first, you get to ask us a question next, then Dream, then mom, then Luna. That sound fair?" Everypony nodded.

Back in Ponyville.

Grogar was bucking his head towards Fang and Trixie. The reason he was bucking his head was because that was how he casted projectile spells. "Why won't you two give up!? You won't be able to stop me!" Fang and Trixie just kept coming towards him. He began to shake in fear as the two ponies kept getting closer. He was not going to end up like Arabus. He was not going back to Tartarus. Just as the two ponies got to him, he smiled. "You fell for my trap fools!" Skeletal hooves shot up from the ground and wrapped around Fang's legs. This caused the black alicorn to trip, leaving him wide open. Grogar licked his lips, opened his mouth, and inhaled, causing the youth of four alicorns to enter his body. "So much youth... So much power!!!" Grogar's fur began to stick out in small points, as if he was turning into a porcupine. The tips of his horns began to elongate, giving them the appearance of two spears, while the small spikes on his horns got longer, sharper, and curved upwards.

Fang looked upwards. "Dang it... I let my guard down..." He tried to get up, only to find that he was too weak to do so. He looked at Grogar and growled as the skeletal hooves began to drag him into the ground.

Grogar smirked and laughed. "I didn't think it would be so easy to beat an alicorn! You should have known better! I have my bells, with them around my neck only one thing can stop me, and I think you forgot what it was!" He felt a small tickle on his skin and looked at Trixie. "You know what? I think I'll take advantage of you right here... I know you’re in heat, so there is a possibility that you might bear my children." Grogar slowly trotted over to Trixie, but was surprised when she suddenly punched him, it actually sent he backwards a few feet.

"I am not a broodmare!" Trixie's horn lit up and she fired a spell at Grogar while he was still recovering from the shock. While the spell didn't affect him in any way, it caused the bells around his neck to jingle. Something in Trixie's mind connected. 'Bells... Sound... Auntie Lohitia always said 'When you can't get anypony's attention, talk louder so that you will be heard.' If I drown out the sound of his bells, then maybe he'll lose his power!' Trixie looked around and smiled when she saw the town's bell tower. She turned around and ran towards it, with Grogar following close behind.

"No! No no no no! I won't let you ring that bell! I don't know how a broodmare knows my weakness, but I won't let you ring that bell!" Trixie growled and jumped into the air, landing after Grogar had run past where she had been standing.

'I don't know how I did that, but I don't really care at the moment!' "For the last time... I AM NOT A BUCKING BROODMARE!!!" The blue unicorn mare ran up to the ram and, showing a super pony amount of strength, picked him up by his tail, began to spin around in a circle, lifting Grogar into the air while she did so, and then released him. This caused him to become a living projectile. She watched as the ram flew through the air screaming, before coming into contact, face first, with her target. The town bell. When the ram struck it the bell began to toll. "THAT'S FOR HELPING ARABUS EAT SOUL, AND CALLING ME A BROODMARE!" Trixie spit on the ground and turned around to see Fang walking over the hill.

"Where's Grogar?"

"Bell tower."

"Did he make you angry?"

"Yes."

"Did he call you a broodmare?"

"Yes."

"Did you pick him up?"

"Yes."

"With your teeth?"

"Yes."

"Spin around in circles so fast that he was lifted off the ground?"

"Yes."

"Let him go?"

"Yes."

"Sent him flying through the air?"

"Yes."

"Did he scream like a frightened little filly?"

"Yes."

"Aim for the town bell?"

"Yes."

"He hit it?"

"Yes."

"Do you think he is in immense pain right now?"

"I don't know."

"Did you show him any mercy?"

"Nope."

"Do you want to throw him back into Tartarus?"

"It would be an honor to do so."

"Then let's go! We don't want him to get his strength back before we can send him back!" Trixie nodded and followed Fang to the bell tower, up the stairs on the inside to the top, saw Grogar sitting in a pile of black slime, and smiled.

"I'm not done with him. Can you give me a second?" Fang nodded and watched as Trixie walked over to the ram. His eyes went wide and he turned away from the scene. A few minutes and a large explosion from the direction of the Ponyville library later Trixie walked back over to Fang and smiled. The vampony looked at her and had a hard time restraining himself from pushing her down and licking her entire body. She was covered with blood. "Done!" Fang looked past her and almost threw up at what he saw. The blue mare has somehow ripped off Grogar's horns and shoved them into a body part that he knew hurt a lot when a stallion is struck there. The ram also had two black eyes and thousands of cuts and scrapes on his body. Fang looked at Trixie with wide eyes.

"Remind me to stay on your good side... And to never call you a broodmare." Trixie just brushed the comment off and shrugged.

"I didn't do all that much." Fang gave the blue mare a deadpan stare. He seemed calm but in his mind he was screaming.

'Didn't do all that much? You castrated him with one of his own horns! If that's not doing much in your opinion then I don't want to know what you consider to be all that much.' Fang sighed and shot a spell into the air causing a portal that led to Tartarus to form. "Ok. Send him through." Trixie got an evil smirk on her face, picked Grogar up, twisted the horn she had stabbed into his genitals, causing him to scream in pain, and threw him through the portal. As soon as it closed she smiled at Fang.

"Nopony hurts my coltfriend, and nopony calls me a broodmare." Fang just sighed.

"Can I have my magic back now?" Trixie nodded and Fang touched the tip of his horn to hers. The mare blushed but noticed that a small stream of red magic was flowing off of her horn. One it had stopped Fang stopped touching his horn to hers and smiled. "That's two down, one to go. Let's go and help Twilight." Trixie nodded and the two of them ran off towards the area where Tirek had thrown Twilight.

In Tartarus.

Celestia looked at her family and tapped her chin. "My question is... How did Twilight and Fang getting married benefit the world the most in your opinion? For me, it's because we were finally able to convince the monsters to trade with us, Fang had been trying to help in that regard, but he said most monster merchants wanted a 'sign of faith between the kingdoms.' Fang thought that they meant they wanted us to trade with them without expecting anything in return."

Luna smiled. "I think that the world has benefited the most because their marriage has possibly brought everlasting peace between Transylmaneia, Equestria, and the Crystal Empire."

Cadence thought for a second. "I guess the world has benefitted the most because of the protection we have been promised from invading nations."

Dream smiled. "It's good they got married because now I have two more playmates!" Luna smiled and nuzzled her daughter.

Sunset looked down. "The best thing about them getting married... Is that it shows that no matter how different two ponies might be, true love conquers all." She looked back up and smiled before gasping. "Mom! You're young!" Celestia raised an eyebrow. "I mean you’re not old and wrinkled anymore! None of us are!" The alicorns all looked down at their hooves and smiled. Then they looked to their flanks to see if they had their cutie marks back. But they didn't.

"Arabus and Grogar are trapped again, but Tirek is still free."

Ponyville.

Trixie and Fang walked over a hill and saw Twilight and Tirek staring each other down in a large crater. "It appears we are at an impasse. How about a trade, Twilight?" Tirek snapped his fingers and twelve bubbles appeared. Each one containing one of their friends, as well as their daughter and Discord. "Their release for all the Alicorn magic that you posses." The ponies in the bubbles began to shout things at Twilight.

"Don't do it Twilight!"

"We aren't worth it!"

"Oh, but you are, Fluttershy." Everypony turned and looked at Discord. "You're the pony that taught me that friendship is magic. I had magic and friendship, and now I don't have either."

"Enough!" Tirek stomped one of his cloven hooves. "I want an answer, and I want it now!" There was a long pause as Twilight looked at the bubbles that held her friends and daughter.

"I will give you my magic, in exchange for my friends and my daughter." Tirek grinned.

"As you wish." Tirek snapped his fingers and eleven of the Twelve bubbles popped. Fluttershy and Ana looked around before looking up and giving a small, sad frown at Discord.

"All of my friends." Tirek was taken aback and pointed at Discord.

"After the way he has betrayed you, you still call him a 'friend'?" Twilight growled at the centaur.

"Release him!" Tirek sighed and snapped his fingers.

"If that's what you want." Discord's bubble popped and he fell to the ground.

"Thank you, Twilight." He turned and looked at Fluttershy and Ana. "I'm sorry." The two nodded.

"Your turn." Tirek opened his mouth and began to absorb Twilight's magic before quickly throwing his hand out and catching Fang, who had started to fly at his head, and began to absorb his magic too. The two screamed in pain as their magic was stolen and after he had finished Tirek dropped Fang, who fell to the ground like a rag doll. Tirek roared as he grew to the size of both Celestia and Fang's castle combined. "Yes!" With that he trotted off towards the Everfree Forest.

"Twilight, Fang, what were you thinking!?"

"Tirek, Grogar and Arabus tricked me into believing that they could offer me something more valuable than friendship. But there is nothing worth more. I see that now. They lied when they said that this medallion was given as a sign of gratitude and loyalty. But when I say that it is a sign of our true friendship, I am telling the truth." Discord placed the amulet around Twilight's neck. Fang caught a small rainbow glow off of the medallion and grabbed his head in pain.

'Rainbow of Light.' Fang shook his head as flashes flew through his head. He saw a crystal box with six keyholes, then a spool of rainbow colored thread, a golden pin, a rubber chicken, a flower, a bit and the medallion Twilight was wearing. Once the visions stopped he looked at the ponies gathered in front of him. "I think I know where the keys to the box you said was under the tree are."

"Where?" Fang frowned.

"I'll rephrase that. I know what they are. A spool of rainbow colored thread, a golden pin shaped like a lightning bolt, a rubber chicken, a flower, a bit and the medallion Twilight is wearing. Do you know where they are?"

"Each one of has one of those in our houses. They're the keys?" Fang nodded. "Then we'll never be able to open the box. The Wonderbolts pin is in my house and none of us can fly or use magic." Trixie grinned.

"Trixie can! Tirek forgot to take Trixie's magic." Trixie paused and slapped herself. "No! Bad Trixie, you don't talk in third pony anymore." Everypony looked at Trixie with confused looks and she stared at them. After a few seconds of awkward silence Trixie sighed. "I'll be right back!" Her horn glowed and she disappeared. There was a very loud scream from the direction of Rainbow's house.

Fang looked at Twilight. "Does Trixie know a cloud walking spell?" Twilight shrugged and nearly jumped out of her skin when Trixie appeared on her back. The blue mare now had a bag with her.

"The ground isn't supposed to be soft... Or supposed to move up and down so quickly or violently for that matter." Trixie looked down, saw Twilight's fur, and jumped off her back. "I am so sorry about that! I miscalculated the distance between here and Fluttershy's cottage... Anyway..." Trixie began to pull items out of the bag. "Spool of rainbow thread, Wonderbolts badge, Boneless the Rubber Chicken that Pinkie Pie got from Cheese Sandwich, a flower that Fluttershy got from a Breezie, and, hopefully, the bit that Applejack got from Silver Shill... What's so important about these things?" Fang shrugged.

"I saw them in a vision. Now let's get to the Tree of Harmony!" Fang turned around and dashed off, followed by the elements of Harmony, their coltfriends, Ana, and Trixie.


When the group reached the tree they noticed that there were already two ponies there. One was a light blue unicorn colt, Hex, while the other was a sight for sore eyes. "Soul!" The dark blue unicorn shade turned around and was tackled to the ground by Trixie. Fang walked up next to the blue unicorns and smiled.

Soul just blinked when he realized his fillyfriend was on top of him. "Trixie, please get off of me..." The blue mare rapidly shook her head and hugged him. "But you're in heat, I know you don't want to have a foal yet. Last week you told me you were going to try and wait a few more years." Trixie blushed and slowly climbed off of Soul. "Thank you." The shade sat up and looked around. "Why are we at the Tree of Harmony?" Soul looked down and noticed that Trixie had a shadow. "I'm guessing one of you sent Arabus back to Tartarus." Fang nodded.

"OH COME ON!" The group of four turned, looked at, and walked over to the source of the sound, Twilight and her friends.

"What's the matter Twilight?" Twilight just pointed at the open box and Fang saw a smaller box inside of it. "The box inside of a box trick?" Twilight nodded and Fang pulled out the box. It looked the same, only there were just two keyholes on it, one on the top, and one on the bottom. One of the keyholes was decorated with images of dragon wings that were carved into the crystal, while the other had pegasus wings. 'Balance!' Fang dropped the box and grabbed his head. Two images flashed through his head. His amulet, the alicorn amulet, and Soul's sword. The gems in them, the ruby in the amulet and the sapphire on the hilt of Soul's sword, were glowing. Fang let go of his head. "The Elements of Balance. Soul! Get the sapphire that's in the hilt of your sword!" Soul raised an eyebrow but did as he was asked. Fang looked down at his amulet and ripped the ruby out of it.

Soul walked over and looked at Fang. "Why are you ripping your amulet-" Fang slowly placed the ruby from his amulet on the smaller of the two boxes and it glowed. Slowly the ruby began to change shape, turning into a red, crystal key, the teeth of which looked like the fangs that were Fang's cutie mark. "I'm guessing that you want me to do the same?" Fang nodded. Soul placed the sapphire on the chest and watched as it changed shape just as Fang's element, Evil, had, his however became a blue, crystal, key with teeth that looked like his will-o-wisp cutie mark. "Wait a second... That sapphire was the element I used when we created the tree... That sapphire was the Element of Good." Fang and Soul watched as the keys floated into the keyholes. The blue, Good, into the pegasus wings and red, Evil, into the dragon wings.

The keys turned automatically and the box shattered, revealing a glowing ball of light. Suddenly the ball shot into the Element of Magic, that was on the tree, small trails of light branched from the element of magic to the other elements, including Good and Evil, which had somehow appeared at the top and base of the tree respectively. A beam of light shot from each of the elements onto their respective bearer, then the eight ponies got sucked into the box. A blast of rainbow light shot from the box and revealed eight orbs of light, each one in the color of one of the ponies that had been sucked into the box. The bubbles all burst revealing the ponies trapped within, however they looked different. All of their manes were flowing in a nonexistent wind. The ones that caught Trixie and Ana's attention however were Fang and Soul.

One of Fang's wings, his right, had reverted to its normal, leathery, form but was full of holes that almost looked like the faces of screaming ponies. His mane was flowing and had streaks of red in between the normal white and orange of it, in his mane were small images of what looked to be black bats, and his tail had become forked, like a snake's tongue. His fangs had become elongated and much sharper, as if it was like they were able to tear through solid steel. His eyes were a dark, blood red in color and he had draconic pupils.

Soul however was a different story. His eyes were now a glowing blue in color, while is normally white mane was now silver like Trixie's and had glowing blue balls of flame in it. The most noticeable thing however, was his back, two glowing wings had appeared, the left looked like that of a pegasus while the other was draconic.

The eight ponies suddenly shot into the sky, surrounded by a large ball of light. They looked down at the ground and saw Tirek as he walked towards them. He growled and shot a large beam of magic at them, but the ponies were unaffected. The centaur was taken aback and growled at the eight ponies. "How is this possible?! You have no magic!"

Twilight smiled at the centaur. "You're wrong, Tirek! You may have taken our Alicorn magic, but we carry within us the most powerful magic of all!" Six beams of light, each one a color of the coat of one of the Element Bearers, shot out of the ball of light and bound Tirek, Fang and Soul however, flew out of the ball of light and in front of Tirek's face. Their horns glowed and they released two large beams of magic, a pure white one from Soul, and a pure black one from Fang. Tirek screamed and began to revert into his weakest form before disappearing completely. He had been returned to Tartarus.


The ball of light returned to the box, before said box flew into the air, over Ponyville and planted in the ground. The eight ponies landed and watched as a large crystal tree, that held a lavender castle with a crystal star in the shape of Twilight's cutie mark on the top, rose from the ground. The eight ponies stood shocked as they began to revert to their normal forms, including Soul, who had his wings vanish. Rarity guffawed at the sight. "Sweet Celestia! Are you all seeing what I'm seeing?"

Soul looked at Fang and his jaw was hanging open. "I'm seeing it..."

"But I'm not believing it!" Fang ran towards the tree and rammed his head into it. He stood there for a second before falling over and grabbing his head. "That really hurt!" Soul ran over to Fang and helped the black alicorn up. Fang stared at Soul for a few seconds. "Soul... I just realized... You were an alicorn a few minutes ago." Soul sighed.

"Don't remind me. I had wings and I looked awesome. Now I don't have wings and look... Less awesome... But I'm still pretty awesome!" Soul smiled and looked up. "Really... Cool castle by the way..."

Twilight walked up to her husband and the godfather of their children, a look of shock still present on her face. "Yes it's cool but... Whose is it?"

"I believe it is yours Queen Twilight." The ponies all turned around and saw Celestia, Sunset, Luna, Dream, and Cadence standing there. The mares and their coltfriends began walking through the halls of the castle while Fang and Soul sat outside.

"I feel like I'm forgetting some-” Fang slapped his forehead. "Dawn and Dusk.... And Trixie, Hex, and Ana..." Fang and Soul looked at each other. "I go get my month old foals and you get my other daughter, your fillyfriend, and her brother?" Soul nodded and sank into his shadow. Fang disappeared and reappeared a few minutes later with Dawn and Dusk chewing on his mane. Soul rose from the shadows with Ana, Trixie, and Hex. "Ok. Now let's go catch up with the others."

As Fang Soul, Ana, Trixie, and Hex walked through the corridors of the castle, marveling at the architecture they head Celestia speak. "You've been wondering what you are meant to do as a goddess. Do you know now Twilight?"

Fang and the others turned the corner and saw Twilight and the others. "As a goddess, I believe I have the power to spread the magic of friendship across the world. That is the role I am meant to have in this world! The role I choose to have! But I didn't defeat Tirek, Grogar, and Arabus on my own. It took all of us to unlock the chest, and the chest that lay within it!" Twilight waved the others over and smiled as they ran up.

"Then it is unlikely you are meant to take on this task alone." A door opened and everypony gasped in awe. In the room was six thrones, each depicting one of the element's cutie marks. Strangely, it seemed as if pieces of a seventh throne, a foundation if you will, had formed as well. "You are now Twilight Sparkle, the goddess of friendship. But what is the goddess of friendship without her friends?" Everypony smiled at Twilight and hugged her. Then the purple mare's horn glowed and she dragged Discord over, to which the Draconequus hugged all the ponies that were gathered.

"Wait a minute, where's my throne!?" Fluttershy flew up to Discord.

"I don't think you're quite there yet." Discord chuckled.

"Yes, well, I suppose not." Fang and Soul looked at each other and then looked at Discord.

"Couldn't you just make your own throne by snapping your fingers?" Discord shook his head.

"It's not the same." The ponies just laughed and the sound of curious whispers caught their attention. Twilight smiled as they all saw the citizens of Ponyville walking up to the castle.

Fang didn't even notice as the mares started singing. The fact that Lepus had been sitting in the branches of the library, that he had been waiting for Tirek, Arabus and Grogar to fight the group spoke volumes to him. Lepus had done that with the intent of killing them all... He had not fought them himself... Lepus... Was scared.


Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart, one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them. ~ Marvin J. Ashton.

PreviousChapters Next