• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,236 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,236

PreviousChapters Next
Blackroot Forest.

Evil is always unspectacular and always human, and shares our bed, and eats at our table. ~ W.H. Auden.


Twilight opened her eyes and let the morning sunlight dance across them. She remembered going with Fang to the basement and getting some armor, the armor in question was made of, the scales, of the dragon who had attacked her in Canterlot, then she followed him outside where he told his troops that war had come. Then she blacked out. She smiled when she saw Fang. He was carrying her. She blinked when she saw a pulse go through his neck. She licked her lips and let her fangs slip out, slowly she leaned her head towards his neck. She felt his fur in her mouth and bit down. She felt his blood seeping into her mouth once again and smiled before she began to drink. The taste of his, passion fruit flavored, blood filled her mouth once again. She swallowed, and did this three more times, before giving her bite mark a little lick and letting go of Fang's neck. She smiled and let out a small yawn. The sound of her yawn got Fang's attention and he turned his head to her. He smiled seeing that she woke up. "Good morning Twilight."

Twilight smiled in return. "Good morning Fang." Twilight got off his back and nuzzled into his side. He had stopped and taken his armor off in the middle of the night. She looked behind them and saw a valley that had a large campsite in it. Fang, Celestia, Cadence, and Luna's soldiers were all over it, sharpening their swords and sparing with each other. It was usually the night guard and Transylmaneian army who won. She raised an eyebrow and looked ahead of them. Her mouth fell open at what she saw. The griffon capital of Arcusalae. The magnificent fortress of a city was carved into the side of the mountain that was only about five hundred miles ahead of them. In between them and the city was a small forest. "Fang... Are we standing outside of Blackroot Forest?"

Fang nodded. "We are. We are also going inside." Twilight gave out a small eep which caused Fang to look at her. He saw her hugging him and shaking. "... Is something wrong?"

Twilight just kept shaking for a while. "T-t-that f-f-forest is more dangerous than a filly, walking into a dragons cave, telling them that she was taking some of their hoard, and bringing it home with her! You can not be serious about going in there!"

Fang just keeps looking at her. "Twilight I am dead serious. I have been in this forest. It is nothing to worry about. There are just a few manticores, cockatrice, hydra, and lupus."

Twilight just glared in response. "There is also a seven headed dragon, with seven jaws on each of it's heads, that breaths fire!"

Fang just blinked. "You mean Sven? I made him, he is nothing to fear, all he eats is fish!"

Twilight looked at him with wide eyes. "Y-y-y-y-you created Sven, The Seven Headed?" Then she gave a small smile. "That makes me feel a little better... OK lets go in..." She stood up bravely and walked in with Fang. As soon as they were not visible from the entrance she immediately rammed herself up against Fang's side. "Your going to keep me safe right?"

Fang smiled and nuzzled her. "Of course I will." They walked for about thirty minutes before they came to a clearing. In the clearing were five ponies and a griffon. The griffon was surrounded.

The griffon was carrying a war hammer and trying to smash the ponies. "Stop moving you monsters!"

The ponies all stopped. "Monsters? Is that what you think we are?" They all stepped into the light where their faces could be seen. They were all rough, brown, and bark-like. Their eyes were a solid yellow like a timber wolf's.

The griffon looked at them. He just blinked. Then he growled and threw his war hammer at what looked to be the largest one. "Yes!"

Twilight was amazed at how the pony grabbed the hammer out of the air. The hammer just completely stopped and the pony placed it on his own back. "Look at yourself in a mirror, general, and see the darkness in your own soul! Speculum anaimae!" From the ground rose a mirror that was shaped like a door. It flashed and there was a scream. The creature that spoke grinned. "A scream tells us that you have committed more sins than good deeds! Comburet!" There was a flash of fire and the griffon buts into flames and everything, except his skin, feathers, talons, and beak, turned into ash and was sucked out through his mouth and into the mirror. The mirror then turned into a simple crystal ball.

Fang smiled and walked over to the creatures. "Hello Weidenponys. Can we pass? We have committed more good deeds than sins." The ponies just looked at the two and nodded. "Oh before I forget... Sven! Crisp them!" Fire shot down from the sky and the wooden ponies were burned to a crisp. Twilight looked up and saw Sven, The Seven Headed. "Thank you!" The seven headed, forty seven jawed, dragon nodded and his heads pulled out of sight. Fang then walked over and picked up the crystal ball on the ground. "573,951. They took the lives of many sinners..." He then threw the crystal ball into a small portal. "Now it is in my vault... Along with the other two I have found."

Twilight just blinked. "What were they?" She was frightend of course, however she was still more curious.

Fang grimaced. "Weidenponys. Basically timber wolves in the shape of ponies. They have a very crazed sense of justice. They take a sinners skin and hang it from a tree. Let us please stop speaking of them. We need to set up the camp. We attack tomorrow at dawn! The griffon king sent a general, that means that he is ready to kill." He and Twilight went and told the armies to set the camp back up in the forest. "Soldiers! We have a secret weapon!" Fang yelled to the sky and Sven stuck his heads out of the bushes. "I created him and, as he is naught but a golem, he is bound to my will!" The soldiers all cheered when they saw one of the, ten, fiercest, dragons that was known to pony kind, was on their side.

Twilight just walked over to Fang and looked up at him. "A-a-are you going to k-kill all their soldiers?" She had tears in her eyes at just the thought of a mass slaughter of griffons. She didn't want any innocents to die. She knew that the griffon king used a draft for his army. Once a male turned thirteen, they had to sever for ten years in the army, else they be charged with treason.

Fang just looked down at her and gave her a nuzzle. "Of course not Twilight, I am going to have Sven knock them out. He can breath a... I guess you could call it knock out gas, as well as fire. I am simply going to conjure a shield around the armies before he does and drop it after the gas is cleared. Then I am going to have out soldiers restrain the griffons wearing armor." He then gave her a peck on the cheek before nipping on her ear. "I-I'm going to need some help keeping the shield up..."

Twilight smiled and nuzzled his neck. "I'll help you keep the shield up... If you spend the night, in a tent, with me so I can be safe and warm." Fang just blushed and nodded in response.


Measure not the work until the day's out and the labor done. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

PreviousChapters Next