• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,266 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,266

PreviousChapters Next
Come Out And Play.

Superman is, after all, an alien life form. He is simply the acceptable face of invading realities. ~ Clive Barker.


Twilight and Fang were walking with Rainbow Dash. She was going to go pick Scootaloo up from school and take her back to their cloud home before she gave her a flying lesson. Fang and Twilight were there because Cheerilee had asked them to come. She had told them that for three weeks that the usually very kind fillies and colts, like Twist and Pipsqueak, had been becoming very angry to the point of becoming violent. She wanted to know if there was some sort of demon that was causing the children in her school to become mean and hateful. "Twist is such a sweet little filly... I just can't believe she would attack Featherweight like that. She bit a mouthful of feathers out of his wing..."

"I know! There has got to be a demon of some kind living in the school or near it at least right Fang?" Dash turned to the black alicorn who shook his head. "What?"

"What are you three talking about?" Dash and Twilight jumped up into the air out of surprise. "Sorry if we scared you... We were just going to get Hex after class." Rainbow and Twilight looked around trying to find the source of the voice, which was Trixie's, but couldn't see her. "Can't you see me? I'm right next to you for goodness sakes!" They heard a chuckle and Fang sighed before quickly thrusting his hoof out to the side. A loud smack was heard in the vicinity and Trixie slowly faded into existence next to the two mares.

Twilight and Rainbow blinked. "I didn't know you could turn invisible." Twilight smiled at her student and nodded.

Trixie blinked. "Um... Twilight... I can't turn invisible..." A cloud of dust blew past the mares and they turned to see Fang and Soul having a sword fight. The mares watched as the blades clashed and sparks flew. Each time they connected both stallions were sent back five feet. Trixie ran in front of her colt friend and Twilight ran in front of her fiancé. The two stallions stopped dead in their tracks. The two stallions gave a nervous chuckle and said sorry to each other and the mares for getting carried away.

Dash flew up to the stallions as they all continued to the school. "I don't get you two. One second you’re fighting, the next your all pal pal like nothing happened. What gives!? I get that your friends but still!" The two stallions blinked at the prismatic mare and smiled at each other.

"Well Dash I guess that you could say that me and Fang have a relationship similar to you and Applejack. We are constantly competing with each other to find out who is better. For example I have better with power when it comes to a sword but Fang is better with technique. That is why I use a sword and a shield while he uses three swords." Fang nodded at Soul. His explanation was spot on.

"I guess that makes sense." Soul and Fang grabbed her tail and yanked her out of the sky. "Hey what gives!?" Soul and Fang pointed behind her and she turned to see Cheerilee, Twilight and Trixie trying to break up a fight between Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara. It was a one sided fight with Diamond attacking the orange pegasus. All the other fillies and colts were in a circle around them. The pegasus dashed off and grabbed Scootaloo off the ground before she got hurt.

Silver Spoon ran out of the crowd and tackled Diamond to the ground. "What the heck is wrong with you Diamond!? First you call Gavroche a motherless freak and punch him in the face, then you tripped Rumble so he fell on his face, and attacked Scootaloo because she stopped you from setting Dinky's mane on fire! What is wrong!? Please you need to tell me! I, my parents, and your father are worried about you! We know you’re mad that your mother abused you and never got arrested for it. They haven't found her but they're still looking!" The sound of plastic snapping and glass cracking filled the air as Silver Spoon was thrown onto her back.

Diamond walked over to her friend. "What's the matter Silver? Too much of a pansy to fight back? Hey let me tell you a little secret. As long as the guards don't look for her in Ponyville then they will never find her. You know why?" Silver shook her head in fear as her former friend spit in her face. "Because I buried her in my back yard. That's right I killed her, and you know what?" A sick grin appeared on the periwinkle filly's face as she started to walk closer towards the little purple unicorn filly named Dinky. "It felt really, really, good! Especially the blood!" Diamond leaned in so that she was almost touching her muzzle. "Oh and guess what? I didn't stop once she was dead! I cut her up, and I didn't stop with her! Where do you think the animals who went missing from Fluttershy's house went!?" All the ponies gathered gasped. Diamond gave a loud cackle, she then began to scream in pain and grabbed her head. Her fur and mane fell out, her skin became a pale green with a leathery texture her eyes became yellow and bloodshot. She looked at Dinky with murder in her eyes, ran up, and grabbed her leg. She was then blown all the way back to Fang, Soul, Trixie, Twilight, and Rainbow. Dinky had just let her natural instincts kick in and she had blasted her back.

"You're the thing that's been at my window for the last three nights!" The little light purple filly ran off to fast for anypony to stop her. Fang and Soul looked at each other and nodded.

"Miss Cheerilee... We're dealing with a Grundle... You should take the poor little filly wearing the tiara home and tell her father to... Make her last day on this earth comfortable..." Cheerilee, Rainbow, Trixie, Twilight, and the entire student body put their hooves to their mouths. "There is no way to save her without killing an innocent filly or colt... Even then... She would still have the urge to kill..."

"And she would act on it. Her soul has been absorbed by pure evil and darkness... It is better for her in the long run if she dies today... It's tragic but even still... Fang can make it so that it will be quick and painless... Its for the best Cheerilee..." Soul looked at Cheerilee and saw she had a few tears in her eyes but nodded. She went over and picked the little filly up before walking away to Diamond's house.

Fang looked at Twilight who had tears in her eyes. "Fang... A-are you sure there is no other way?" He gave a sad shake of the head and Twilight ran over, hugged him, and broke down into his shoulder. It was horrible when a filly died.

Soul looked at Trixie, who was with a shaking Hex, and gave her a sad look. "He's right Trixie... Hex... Do you know the unicorn filly who ran off?"

"That's Dinky... She lives across the street from us Soul..." Soul blinked at the two azure unicorns.

"Would you mind if Fang and Twilight came over tonight?" The two unicorns shook their heads. "Yo Fang! You mind coming over to our house tonight? Apparently the Grundle's next victim lives across the street from us!"

Fang looked at his childhood friend. "I'll be there... Twilight you can come if you want to... Just be aware that I will be very violent when I catch the Grundle... In other words I'm going to kill it." Twilight pulled away and mouthed that she would come with him. Fang looked back to Soul. "Soul just as we always did, when we hunted Grundles, I get to kill it."

Soul smiled at him. "Dude, I know already! You hate Grundles. All Grundles need to be exterminated like vermin. Just... Try not to decapitate this one... Ok? I don't know if the ponies of this town would be able to see your good side if you cut the head off one of their own."

Twilight looked at Fang. "It was one time! It wasn't my fault! She jumped onto that window knowing I would get blamed for it! She wanted to make me the evil one!" Twilight gave a slight sigh at her fiancé's reaction before the four ponies and the shade walked towards Trixie's house.

That night.

Fang and Soul were at the kitchen window looking across the street to the house of Ditzy and Dinky Doo. Twilight and Trixie were sitting with Hex trying to get him to calm down. He was scared of what he had seen today. Fang suddenly ran out the door, quickly followed by Soul. Twilight and Trixie followed them and found Fang stabbing a Grundle mare that was wearing a nurses hat, but where it should have been white it was black, while Soul was holding it. "Die! Die! Die!" The shade threw her onto the ground and as she gasped for breath and her blood seeped from her skin her body began to change. Soon her real form was revealed. It was Nurse Coldheart. She had recently been fired from the hospital because she was stealing pain killers.

"The deed is done..." Fang held up a Grundle ear. "So they know what she really was." With that he threw the ear onto the corpse and walked away. Twilight mouthed a sorry to Soul and Trixie before walking off with him. They went to Diamond Tiara's house and found her father unconscious with a frying pan next to him. Tiara was missing.

On the road outside of town leading towards Manehatten a filly cloaked in a black trenchcoat and fedora looked down the hill at the town. The Grundle that was formerly Diamond Tiara turned away and trotted off. "Come out and play Babs. Come out and play..."


The noir hero is a knight in blood-caked armor. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time. ~ Frank Miller.

Author's Note:

Yes I did turn her into a monster and murderer! You wanna fight about it?

PreviousChapters Next