• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,236 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,236

PreviousChapters Next
The Trial of Envy.

I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched. ~ Edgar Allen Poe.


One week later.

Twilight was laying on the floor of the bedroom that she shared with her husband. At the moment she was on her side and watching as Fang and Ana played peekaboo with Dawn and Dusk. The week old foals seemed to be genuinely confused when the two older ponies' faces disappeared. Dusk stood up and began to walk towards her. Following with her eyes she smiled as walked up to her belly, or more specifically, one of the teats on her belly. The white colt turned his head and looked at his mother and smiled before clamping his toothless mouth down and starting to suckle on the sensitive nub. "There you go little one, drink up. But drink slowly ok? We don't want you to get a tummy ache do we?" Twilight bent her neck so she could nuzzle her son's cheek. "No we don't. We want you to be a happy little colt don't we? Yes we do, yes we do."

Fang walked over, sat down next to his wife, and smiled at the little foal as he ate. His eyes slowly drifted towards his daughters and saw that Ana was scowling at Dawn. Ana glanced over at the two elder alicorns and her scowl quickly turned into a smile. "Ana... Why were you scowling at your little sister?" Even from two feet away Fang could see the sweat form on the grey filly's brow.

"I don't know what you’re talking about daddy!" Ana mentally kicked herself. She knew that she had answered that too fast. Fang along with Twilight and Dusk, got up and walked over to the two fillies. As soon as they sat down Ana stood up and ran over to the door. Twilight blinked, stood up and walked towards the little filly.

"Ana... You never act like this... Sweetie, please tell us what's wrong... We only want to help you..." Ana growled at the mare and opened the door. Suddenly Twilight felt extremely cold. She looked at the little filly and could sense a feeling of extreme dread.

"What's wrong? What's wrong!?" Ana backed out the door and glared at the two foals. "I'll tell you what's wrong with me! Those two are what's wrong with me!" The ground around the grey alicorn filly began to freeze. She pointed at the week old foals and growled. "They took you away from me! You don't love me anymore because of them!"

Twilight put a hoof to her mouth and shook her head. "Ana... That's not true..."

"Yes it is! Because of them you stopped talking to me! You stopped loving me! You don't want me anymore! And it's all because of them! Because of them you didn't even notice that I broke my wing!" Twilight gasped and her eyes shot to the grey filly's side. Sure enough her right wing was wrapped in a bandage and broken in three places. "Because of them you don't care about me anymore!" The entire room slowly began to freeze.

"Ana I'm so sorry! I didn-"

"No you're not!" The entire room froze solid when the filly screamed. "Or maybe you are sorry..." The little filly looked up at purple mare and Twilight shook when she saw the filly's eyes. They were completely frozen. They had become ice. "Yeah... You're sorry! You're sorry that you adopted me in the first place! You're sorry that you brought me back from Stalliongrad with you!" Fang stood up and walked over to his wife and adopted daughter.

"Ana... Please calm down... You don't understand... Foals need more attention than grown fillies and colts..." Ana growled and let her horn glow. The next thing Fang knew there was a blood covered icicle in his chest. "Ana... You just attacked me..."

The filly's eyes turned back to normal and she looked at Fang. She had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I ever even thought that you two wouldn't abandon me! Everypony abandons me in the end! Everypony! I'm sorry that I ever thought of you two as-"

"Ana!" The filly turned and looked at Twilight. "Please don't say it... I love you as much as I love Dawn and Dusk. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you feel like we didn't want you... I didn't mean to ignore you... I was just so caught up with taking care of them that I-"

"I'm sorry that I ever thought of you as my parents!" Twilight's eyes filled with tears. Her daughter had just said that she didn't consider her as a mother anymore. "Five years! I was alone for five years! Fang stopped visiting me and I was all alone for five full years! Now I'm alone again thanks to those two! Because of them I jumped down the stairs and broke my wing so you would stop ignoring me! Even that didn't work!" The entire castle started to become covered in ice. "I hate you! I hate all of you and I never loved you! Because you never loved me!"

"Awa!" The two larger alicorns looked towards the source of the sound. It was Dusk and Dawn. The little white colt was sliding across the floor that Ana's anger had frozen, while his sister followed behind him because she had his tail in her mouth. Twilight and Fang watched in amazement as the young foals slid over to Ana.

"What do you two want!? Come to laugh at me because you know they never loved me!?" The two foals shook their heads and hugged the grey filly. Ana blinked and the icicle in Fang's chest melted and the wound it had made closed. "What- What are you doing? We are enemies! You aren't supposed to be hugging me!"

"Ana... We're sorry..." The grey filly looked up at Fang with tears in her eyes. "We didn't know that you felt like we had abandoned you. If we had then I would have taken a break from the foals and played with you. You didn't have to break your wing to try and get our attention. You would have had it if you had just asked..."

Ana sniffled before bursting into tears. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean any off it! I don't hate you! I love you mommy! I love you daddy! I was just so lonely and he said that you had forgotten about me because of Dawn and Dusk!" Ana sniffled and stuck her eyes in her hooves. A few minutes later she stopped crying and looked up from her hooves to her adoptive parents. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to hurt anypony... I'll just go home now..." Ana stood up and walked out the door. She didn't make it three steps before she felt herself being lifted off the ground. She looked to see why she was floating and was suddenly being held by two wings. She looked up and received a kiss on the tip of her nose from her mother.

"Home? What are you talking about you silly filly? This is your home.“ Ana looked down as Fang walked up and sat beside his wife. "We are your parents." Twilight opened her wings to reveal the two foals who smiled and hugged Ana. "They are your younger siblings." Twilight levitated Ana out of her lap and placed her on the ground so that she was looking at the entirety of her family. "And we will always love you. Never forget that again ok? Now come over here and give mommy a hug." Ana just sat down and began to tear up again. "Please Ana... I'm sorry..." The little grey filly stood up, ran over, and hugged her mother with all of her might. She shoved her face into Twilight's chest and broke down into a fit of sobs.

"I'm so sorry! I'll never say anything like that ever again! Please don't hate me!" Twilight giggled and nuzzled her daughter’s cheek.

"Ana... I could never hate you... I'm sorry that I was so preoccupied with Dawn and Dusk. I just thought that foals needed more attention than grown up fillies and colts. I'll never make that mistake again. It's obvious that while I may need to watch Dawn and Dusk more than you, I need to spend just as much time with all of you." Fang sighed.

"I'm sorry too Ana. While you may not be related to us by flesh and blood, you are still our daughter. I'm sorry that I was so caught up in smothering the foals with attention that I wasn't spending any time with you. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Ana ran over and hugged her father. "Ana... No matter how much I want to play with you right now, I need to do something very important. It's something that you can help with." Ana looked up, sniffled, and nodded. "You said that he said that we didn't love you anymore because of your little brother and sister. Who is he? Is he a butler? A guard?" Ana shook her head.

"He's the thing that lives under my bed..." Fang blinked, stood up, and ran out the door. Ana looked at Twilight and the purple mare smiled.

"Don't worry Ana... I'm sure he'll be back soon. Until then I'll play with you..." She looked towards her belly and saw Dawn latch onto one of her teats and start suckling on the sensitive nub. "Just as soon as Dawn finishes eating of course." Ana looked at Twilight and a small smile grew on her face.

"D-do you think I could help feed her?" Twilight thought for a second before the little filly at her belly stopped suckling. A small smile grew on her face.

"Do you think you can burp her?" Ana nodded and trotted over to the female foal. "Pick her up, place her over your shoulder, and pat her back." Ana smiled at the female foal, placed her on her shoulder and gently patted the foal on the back three times. Ana's reaction to the foal’s tiny burp was instantaneous.

"That... Was the cutest thing I have ever heard!"


Fang entered his daughter’s room. It was a simple room, especially for the princess of a kingdom with over three million subjects, twice the amount of Equestria. Her bed, a canopy styled one that lay in the center of the room, was a light blue in color with pillows, sheets, and blankets decorated with white snowflakes. The ends of the sheets, which reached the floor, were decorated to look like the icicles that would hang from the edge of a roof. Fang walked over to the bed and smiled at it. "This is where my daughter sleeps... I've never seen these sheets though..." The black alicorn's eyes drifted skyward and he smiled at what he saw. A childish drawing of a large pink heart with him, his wife, their two foals, and their eldest daughter in the center of it. Written under the image was a simple sentence. 'The best family I could ever ask for.'

"Now to find out who told my daughter I didn't love her anymore." Fang bent down and looked under the bed. The only thing he saw however was a stuffed Blue Whale. "The thing that told my daughter that I didn't love her... Is a toy whale?" Fang reached under the bed and pulled out the toy whale. He was surprised to see a glowing green gem on the underside of said toy. "What is this?" Suddenly the eyes of the toy whale began to glow green. Fang dropped the item in surprise. He was even more surprised when the toy stood up on the fins at the end of the whale’s tail.

"Although sins in number are many, only seven are deadly. I am the first to deliver punishment to those who have wronged the gods. I am Leviathan, the Trial of Envy." The door to the room opened and Twilight walked in along with Ana and the foals, which were in a carrier strapped to her chest.

"Fang what's taking so long?" Twilight's eyes went wide when she saw the toy whale. It was growing. Soon it was five times the size of her husband, the fins on its side turned into arms that ended in sharp, clawed, webbed hands, the neck bent so that it could look down at the ponies, and the fins on the end of its tail turned into legs that ended with sharp, clawed, webbed feet.

The large demon looked at Ana. "The punishment for the envious is to have their eyes sewn shut with wire, because they have gained sinful pleasure from seeing others brought low." Fang stood up and tried to slash the demon's face with his sword, only to find that the creature's skin was too thick. The creature raised a hand and slapped the black alicorn away.

"I'm fine with that..." Twilight gasped and looked at her daughter. "I shouldn't have been jealous in the first place. While I was a little jealous of my little brother and sister, it was your words convinced me that mommy and daddy didn't care about me anymore because of Dawn and Dusk. I was weak and shouldn't have given into the temptations of those who whisper sweet nothings into my ears. So... Do what you have to do. I deserve it." Ana looked down and a few tears fell from her eyes. "Just leave my family alone."

The creature walked over to Ana and picked her up. "Your mother does nothing to stop me. Do you still think she cares about you? Do you not hate the ones who have taken their attention away from you?" Ana slowly shook her head. Slowly the creatures deadpan face turned into a soft, kind, smile. "You pass... However there are six sins to go." Slowly the giant creature shrank, until it was just a toy again. "Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Wrath, and Pride. Sins of the forefathers, sins you can't hide." The toy disappeared as Fang walked over to his wife and children.

"Fang... What just happened?" Fang looked at his wife and sighed.

"If I knew than I would tell you. All I know is that after I opened the eye a large creature appeared to me and said 'Seven trials you and your friends must pass. So that you may right the wrongs of the past.' I guess that this was one of the trials... The Trial of Envy... And the one being tested wasn't us, but Ana." Fang crouched down and hugged his eldest child. "You showed no hesitation in sacrificing yourself for your family... I'm very proud of you..."

Ana hugged her father back with a smile on her face. "Thanks daddy... I really didn't mean to hurt you earlier... I was just so angry that you weren't paying attention to me that I... I snapped. Like a twig."

"That's ok Ana. It didn't hurt me much at all." Fang smiled, gave his daughter a kiss on the forehead, and stood up. "Now then... As for your punishment for being so jealous..."

Ana's ears flattened and she whimpered. Only one thought was racing through her mind at the moment. 'Please don't spank me.'

"The only suitable punishment that I can think of is..." Fang sat down and looked his daughter in the eyes. "What game do you want to play?" The black alicorn's mouth turned upwards into a smile and so did Ana's and Twilight's.

"If you two don't mind than I want to join in too..." Ana and Fang both looked at the purple mare, smiled and nodded. "Great! Now honey, what game do you want to play?"

Ana thought for a second before looking at her parents. "Do either of you know how to play Go Fish?" Both of the elders laughed and nodded.

Little did they know that three tree of harmony had gotten a new addition to the gemstones that it held. Safely tucked into one of the roots was a glowing, green, gem.


If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. ~ Gorge Washington.

PreviousChapters Next