• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,262 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,262

PreviousChapters Next
Magician's Past, Magician's Present.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. ~ Thomas Paine.


One week later.

Fang and Twilight were visiting Trixie and Soul. At the moment the mares were in the kitchen playing with Dusk while the stallions were playing with Dawn in the living room. "I still can't believe that you let me nurse the foals in your house."

The blue mare just shrugged. "It doesn't bother me. I used to watch my mother nurse Hex and I understand that it is a very emotional bonding time between mother and foal. I don't want your foals to grow up and be distant from you... Plus I think that it’s pretty cute... I don't know why but I've always seen suckling foals as one of the most adorable things in existence." Trixie's eyes drifted to the side and she smiled. "Speaking of adorable, look at your husband's head." Twilight turned her head towards her husband and giggled.

Fang was sitting there cross eyed, because he was trying to look at Dawn, who had perched herself on top of his head and was biting his horn. Soul was just smiling at the sight. "Dude... I think your daughter is hungry." Fang smiled and looked up at his horn.

"Is he right Dawn? Are you hungry?" As if to answer the foal's stomach growled and she gave out a small whimper. "I'll take that as a yes." Fang and Soul stood up and walked over to Twilight and Trixie. The black alicorn sat down next to his wife and gently levitated his daughter to the floor. The little filly giggled and ran over to her mother. Halfway there however, she tripped and began to cry. Twilight was first to respond and levitated her daughter over.

"Shh. Shh. Everything's ok Dawn, let me see." Twilight looked at her daughter and noticed that she had scraped one of her legs on the tile floor. "Aww sweetie... Don't worry mommy will make you feel better." She leaned in and kissed it before summoning a band aid and antiseptic. "This might sting..." She sprayed the antiseptic on the filly's wound and placed the band aid on it. "There we go. Now then you're hungry aren't you? I bet you are. I bet you are." She nuzzled her daughter on the nose and gently levitated her to the ground in front of her stomach. The foal sniffled and wiped the tears from her eyes before she saw one of Twilight's teats. The filly slowly scooted closer, opened her toothless mouth, and closed it around the sensitive nub. The pressure from this action caused some milk to squirt into her mouth and the filly began to eagerly suckle. "There we go, drink up, that way you will be a happy, healthy, filly when you grow up."

Trixie smiled and giggled at the sight. "As I said before. Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever." The blue mare felt something tug at her tail and looked down to see Dusk. The colt had a piece of her tail in his mouth. She took note that he also had a bit of both Soul and Fang's tails in his mouth. "Yes? What is it Dusk?" The colt let go of her tail and trotted into the living room. He sat down and pointed to a shelf that was too high for him to reach. Trixie, Fang, Soul, and Twilight's eyes immediately locked onto what lay on the shelf. Two pieces of cloth. "You want to see my old hat and cape?" The tiny colt shook his head and pointed at a picture that rested next to the articles of cloth. It showed Trixie standing on her hind legs with some of her firework magic in the distance, however she wasn't a fully grown mare, she was a fourteen year old. "Sorry Dusk... I don't perform anymore." Trixie's eyes began to water. She remembered that picture. It was her first, and saddest, performance. She had performed at the birthday party of a ten year old filly named Radiant Garden. The blue mare let her thoughts drifted back to ten years before.


"Watch and be amazed as the Great and Powerful Trixie turns this simple glass of water..." The young showmare removed her cape and placed it over the small glass that held the water. She had asked to borrow one of the glasses and one of the chairs from the stallion and mare that had hired her simply so that the fillies and colts at their daughter's birthday party know that it was not an enchantment she had placed on one of her props. "Into a rabbit!" She yanked the cape off of the chair, and the foals saw nothing. They frowned as Trixie looked down at the chair. "That's strange... It usually works..." The foals started laughing and Trixie looked at the crowd. "What's so funny? It didn't work." The foals pointed at her hat and she looked upward. "Oh! There you are!" Standing on her head was a white rabbit wearing a red suit with a pocket watch in one of the pockets. In its paw was a pink tulip. The rabbit handed the blue unicorn the flower and ran under her hat. Trixie smiled. Her trick had worked. She then looked towards a little red unicorn filly that had a green mane. She slowly slipped the flower behind the little filly's ear and smiled. "Trixie's present to the birthday filly." The little filly smiled back and laughed before clapping her hooves together, quickly followed by everypony else. "Sadly Trixie cannot stay any longer."

A collective 'awww' rang throughout the crowd. The little filly that she had given the flower to pouted and looked up at her. "Do you really have to go Miss Trixie?" Trixie frowned and nodded.

"Yes Trixie, sadly, does. Trixie wishes she could stay longer but Trixie must leave so that she can drive an Ursa Major back into the Everfree Forest for Princess Celestia." Another collective aww rang throughout the crowd.

The filly, Radiant, looked down at the ground and nodded. "I understand. It's not nice to keep the princess waiting." Trixie nodded and put her cape back on before turning to leave the park that the filly's party was being held in. "Miss Trixie!" Trixie stopped and turned her head so she could see the filly again. She looked down seeing that the little filly had run up to her and hugged her leg. The little filly was grinning up at the showmare, her eyes filled with a joy that could only be expected from a young foal on their birthday. "I wanna be just like you when I grow up Trixie! I wanna be great and powerful, and do things like stop Ursa and Lupus for the princess just like you." Trixie smiled at the little filly and crouched down.

"Well... It's not an easy thing to do, but I'm sure if you try and train hard enough than you will be able to help both Equestria and the princess just like Trixie. In fact..." Trixie's horn glowed and she levitated her hat onto the filly's head. "Maybe this will help you get started..."

"Y-your giving me your hat?" Trixie smiled and nodded. The little filly's smile grew wider and she hugged the blue mare's neck. "Thank you! I'll never let you think that giving something like this to me was a mistake! I will make manticores cringe in fear of my presence and I will do it while wearing this hat and thinking of you! I will treasure the present I got from the greatest magician ever until I die!" Trixie chuckled and ruffled the filly's mane.

"Thank you. I'm sure that I won't regret giving it to you. Happy birthday Radiant... Now Trixie cannot dally any longer. Every second she waits that Ursa could hurt somepony!" The blue mare hopped up and ran off. She looked back and smiled at the little filly who had a wide smile on her face.

"Bye bye miss Trixie!" Trixie smiled and ran off. She didn't have to go back for her pay because she had been paid in advance.

The next morning she bought a newspaper and dropped it in shock when she saw the headline. 'Local Filly, Radiant Garden, Dies After the Best Day of Her Life.' She picked it up and opened the front page.

A local filly named Radiant Garden passed away last night. She had turned ten years old that afternoon. Her last birthday party included a traveling magician who uses the persona of the Great and Powerful Trixie. Radiant had always been a sickly little filly. Last night she was claimed by Necrotizing Fasciitis. A disease that causes the internal organs to fail. Said her father, "I want to thank Trixie, the magician at my daughter’s birthday, for making my daughter smile and giving her hope. She had been in immense pain for the last few months. My daughter said that she felt better just because she had seen Trixie and wanted to be just like her when she grew up." Surly this mare deserves a seat among the princess's saints, she only charged them one bit for a performance, and gave their daughter the presents of happiness, hope, and a fifty bit hat that young Radiant said she would treasure forever.

Trixie threw the newspaper into a puddle and ran off with tears on her eyes. After a few hours she stopped crying and decided something. She decided what she was meant to do with her life. She was supposed to make ponies happy and give them hope.


"Trix! Hey Trix! Are you ok?" Trixie shook her head and looked towards the source of the sound and saw her coltfriend. "You've been staring like that for ten minutes. Wait a second... Are you crying?" Trixie nodded and wiped her tears away with a hoof. "What's the matter Trix?"

"Oh, nothing. I just remembered why I became a performer in the first place. Other than to support myself of course. See there was this filly named Radiant Garden. I preformed at her tenth birthday party in Canterlot Park and as I was leaving she ran up and said... She said that she wanted to be like me when she grew up... She... Never got the chance..." Trixie walked over and lifted her hat off of the shelf. She picked up a newspaper clipping and walked over to her coltfriend and friends. She gave it to Twilight when she held out a hoof.

As Twilight read the small article she began to tear up. "She... She was the daughter one of my brother's friends... I felt so guilty that I overslept and missed her party that I went to give her the toy I had gotten her... I was crushed when I found out she was gone..." After a few minutes Twilight stopped crying and looked at Trixie. "You always were a good pony deep down weren't you? Why did you start acting so high and mighty?"

Trixie sighed. "I let my pride get the best me... See it was six years ago, the year you moved to Ponyville... I had been walking down the road when I heard screaming... Now being the good pony that I was at the time I ran over to the source of the sound. I was scared of what I saw and had frequent nightmares about it for the next three months. I was on my way to Las Pegasus for my first time so Soul had never seen me before. Anyway I saw a group of Diamond Dogs chasing a colt who had a chain around his hoof. I knocked them out by hitting them with a large firework spell and asked the colt if he was ok. He said that he was but they still had his parents and big brother. So I went and saved them as well. Afterwards..." Trixie raised her head and Twilight could see shame in her eyes. "I felt amazing... I was a hero to them... They thought I was better than them and I liked it... So... I started acting like a jerk... Dared ponies to challenge me just so I could show them up, so I could be better than them."

"Well that doesn't matter." Trixie turned her head and raised an eyebrow at Soul. "You aren't like that anymore. You have learned to be humble and are a better pony because it. We all make mistakes, but the important thing to do is learn from them."

"I know... But it still doesn't make me feel any better about the past..." Trixie heard a small whimper and felt a tug at her tail. She turned around and saw both Dawn and Dusk giving her puppy dog eyes. "Please... Stop looking at me like that..." The two foals just kept staring at her. "Please... I'm begging you... Stop... You two will give me a heart attack!" The two foals just kept staring and began to pout. "What do you want? I'll do anything! Just stop looking at me like that! I feel guilty enough already!" The two foals smiled and pointed at the shelf that held the unicorn’s hat and cape. "You two really want to see a magic trick don't you?" They both nodded. "Fine..." Trixie levitated her hat and cape over. She placed the hat on her head and looked at her cape. "A simple switcheroo should do just fine." Trixie looked around and thought. Her eyes settled on Fang.

"Alright little ones... Watch and be amazed as the Great and Powerful Trixie turns your father..." Trixie quickly threw the cape on Fang before he could question what was going on. "Into a rabbit!" She ripped the cape off of the form of the black alicorn beneath it. Except there was nothing there. "It didn't work..." Dawn and Dusk began to laugh and pointed at Trixie's head. "Oh there it is!" A rabbit wearing a red suit with a golden pocket watch jumped off her head. The two foals clapped their hooves together. A few seconds later they were looking at Trixie with fearful eyes. "Do you want your daddy to come back?" They both nodded. "Now watch as this rabbit... Turns into a stallion!" She swung her cape in front of the rabbit and the next thing anypony knew the rabbit was replaced with Fang. "Ta da!" The foals both giggled and clapped before hugging their father.

"Trixie... That was amazing! I'm an alicorn and I can't do that!" Trixie turned around and was suddenly being shaken by Twilight. "You need to tell me how to do that!" Trixie giggled.

"I am sorry but that is a spell of my own design that I will only tell to my foal, or foals, when I have one." Twilight stopped shaking her and pouted. "Sorry Twilight, you are not a filly or a foal. You will not be able to guilt trip me." Twilight sighed.

"Hey Fang? Where did you go?" Fang opened his mouth to answer but stopped and thought for a second.

"I was in the human world. In someplace called Canterlot High. And everypony else was there as well. Trixie was there and Soul was there and you were there and our friends were there, even our children were there..." Twilight giggled.

"So what did you look like? Were you as handsome there as you are here? What about the kids? Are they as adorable there as they are here?" Fang smiled.

"I will confirm that the children were as adorable there as they are here... Me however... Yeah I was pretty handsome." Twilight giggled and kissed her husband. "Now I just need to know how I got there..."

"Trixie designed a spell that sends things to the human world and replaces them with a jacket wearing rabbit that carries a pocket watch." Fang looked at Trixie and raised an eyebrow.

"What? I like Lewis Carrot." Trixie turned around and sat down. "Don't judge me..."

"I judge a pony by the things they say and do in their life... Not by the books they read and the plays they like..." Fang smiled when Trixie fell on her back. It was not the action that he found amusing, but what, or rather who, had caused it. Dusk was now sitting on Trixie's chest and chewing on some of her mane. "I think my son likes you." Fang thought for a second before quickly conversing with Twilight. Soul saw the purple mare nod and as the two alicorns turned around.

"Trixie, Soul... How would you like to be our children's godparents?" Trixie blinked and slowly sat up. After she did so she picked Dusk up and held him in her forelegs as if he were a teddy bear.

"M-me? I mean I understand why you're asking Soul. He has been your husband's friend since foalhood. But... Me?" Trixie turned around and looked Twilight in the eyes. "Wouldn't you rather their godmother be... Anypony else?" Twilight giggled.

"No. While there may be others who would suit the job just fine, you and Soul are my only friends that Dusk seems to like... Well he likes all of them, but he doesn't seem to want to play with them... In fact I think he is scared of Pinkie Pie." Soul chuckled.

"He takes after Fang in that regard." The vampony glared at the shade.

"I am not scared of her... She just confuses me... A lot... Ok maybe I am a tiny bit scared of her... Earth ponies should not be able to teleport like she does... I have to check the toilet before I go to the bathroom because of that hyper active golem made of cotton candy..." Fang shuddered.

"She looks like she is made of cotton candy, but she isn't." Fang sighed.

"I know that... She still looks like a golem made of cotton candy... Although it's obvious she isn't, you have to stitch a cutie mark onto a golems flank if you want to hide what they really are from the world. She has one that was obtained naturally." Twilight giggled and looked down at the foals when she heard them yawn.

"Aww... Is it nap time already?" Fang and Twilight nodded at the two blue unicorns. "Well... It was nice seeing you two today... Come and visit again soon!" Twilight and Fang smiled as they walked out the door. "Oh and by the way, about being your foals godparents?" Trixie looked at Soul, who just nodded. "We would be honored."

"Great! Now all we need to do is get the paperwork filled out." After Trixie had closed the door Twilight looked up at the sky. "Wait a second... It's nighttime? We spent all day at their house?" Fang nodded. "Then we need to get home quickly. Ana will be really worried about us!" Fang chuckled.

"Don't you remember? She's having a sleepover at Applejack's." Twilight blinked and blushed.

"I completely forgot about that... Well anyway, let's get home. I'm tired too." Fang's horn glowed for a second before the four alicorns disappeared in a flash of light.

Little did they know, a strange creature was watching the blue mare named Trixie. The creature looked like a human that wore a white toga and had six wings emerging from its back. From the right sprouted three black and red, draconic wings, and from the left, three pure white pegasus wings. "Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. Sins of the forefathers, sins you can't hide."


A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest. ~ C.S. Lewis.

PreviousChapters Next