• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,266 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,266

PreviousChapters Next
Home Sweet Home Pt 2.

To follow by faith alone is to follow blindly. ~ Benjamin Franklin.


Later that day.

Soul, Trixie, the elements, and their coltfriends were walking back from the lake after going swimming, when they saw a chariot coming towards Ponyville. Knowing that Twilight and Fang were supposed to be home a week ago they all smiled knowing that the King and Queen of Monsters had returned. They quickly ran towards the town where they saw the chariot land and watched as the two alicorns stepped out. The mares all ran over to Twilight, while the stallions ran over and dragged Fang away. Fang was immediately hit on the head by all the stallions, except Soul, who were glaring at him. "What did I do?"

"Dude... Did you and Twilight lose track of time? You were supposed to be home a week ago!" Fang looked at Soul and gave him a nervous chuckle.

"We decided that we should stay a little longer. Actually Twilight wanted to stay longer. She got home sick so we came back..." Fang's eyes drifted to the shade's side and saw his new sword and its sheath. "New sword?" The shade nodded and Fang looked at all the other stallions. "I'll answer any questions you have... But first... Did you hit me because we made your fillyfriends worry?" There was a unanimous nod from all the stallions. "Thought so... Questions?"

The stallions all nodded their heads. "PREGNANT!?" The stallions all turned to face the mares who were looking in between Fang and Twilight with looks of joy on their faces. They were all joyful because their friend was going to be a mother, Pinkie especially because a foal, meant a foal shower.

A sudden cough got Fang's attention and he turned to see Acid giving him a wide grin. "Oh the pitter patter of little hooves, a mother and father quite a happy sight. Along with their joyful little foal, on a cold Hearths Warming Night. A happy little scene, not at all dire. As the family sits, in front of a roaring fire." Fang gave the large earth pony a deadpan stare and got a little smile from him in return. "I am a fan of poetry... I have thousands more swirling around in my head."

There was silence for a short time between the stallions before the shade broke out laughing, falling on his back and rolling around on the ground. "Dude! I know that you work fast but I didn't expect you to work that fast! Were you trying to set a speed record or something? Hahahahahaha!" As he rolled around on the ground laughing to the point he became hysterical everypony stopped paying attention. A sudden look of pain shot over the shade's face and he grabbed his side. "I think I broke my spleen from laughing to hard! Nope I just rolled on top of a rock."

"How far along is she?" Fang looked at Jekyll who had a depressed look on his face. "I just want to know when I can expect magic so strong that it might blow up my house."

"She has been pregnant for eight and a half weeks... And don't worry... I think that I can control my foal's magic... Well I think that I can with help from Twilight... Any other questions?" Soul slowly raised a hoof. "Yes?"

"I did the math... You've only been married for nine weeks... Why were you trying for a foal so soon?" Fang smiled.

"Simple... What better time is there than the present?" Soul opened his mouth to respond only to have Fang shove a hoof into it. "The answer is no time." Fang took his hoof out of the shade's mouth and the shade smiled at him.

"Sometimes you don't make any sense... Then again that's one of your good traits." The shade laughed and slapped the vampony on the back. His eyes drifted towards the mares. "So... Filly or colt?"

"If I knew that I would not have referred to my unborn child as my foal, I would refer to them as my filly or my colt... Honestly though... I don't care... I will love my foal no matter what gender they are... I will always love Twilight and the foal, or foals we have together... No exceptions..." Soul smiled at the vampony and then looked towards the mares. His eyes landed on Trixie for a few seconds before he shook his head.

"Well I have got to admit... I can't wait till the little tyke is born... I'll basically be his uncle, after all me and you are like brothers in everything but blood." Fang smiled at Soul and nodded.

"So... Where did you get the sword?" Soul blinked and looked at Fang.

"The Deceitful Rat..." Fang frowned and looked down at the ground.

"Speaking of the archdemons... Twilight and I ran into the rabbit in Canterlot. Ten minutes... He said he gave me ten minutes before I perished in battle against him... The worst part is... That he might be right..." Soul looked at Fang and shook his head.

"Dude... I know you... You wouldn't let anything like that happen. Especially now that you are both a husband and father!" Fang just kept looking down. Celestia had basically said the same thing, yet he wasn't convinced. Soul gave out a sigh. "If you're so scared you're going to lose... Then open the eye..." Fang's eyes went wide.

"No! I will not open the eye! If I do then I might lose Twilight! The idea frightens her!" Soul backs away.

"Sorry! Sorry! I didn't know. Wife incoming!" Fang turned his head back towards the mares just in time for Twilight to slap him.

"I thought I asked you not to open the eye... Do I really matter so little to you that it only took two hours for you to decide to do it anyway!?"

"I am very sorry Twilight it is my fault..." Twilight turned to Soul and raised an eyebrow. "I suggested that if he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to beat Lepus with his current strength... Then he should open the eye... I did not know what you thought about it at the time. Again I am very sorry. Just don't be mad at Fang. He said he would not." Twilight looked back at Fang with a sad look on her face, only to see Fang smile which made her smile in turn.


An hour later Twilight and Fang were back at the later's castle, in their bedroom. "So... What is the eye anyway? I know that it has something to do with a ritual designed by demons and fueled by the dead but... I don't know what the eye itself is."

Fang sighed. "Do you want to see the eye itself? Unopened I mean..." Twilight thought for a second before nodding. Fang smiled and lead the mare out of the room, and to the library. Twilight watched as he pulled on a book, as if trying to take it off the shelf, and heard a click. Looking around she saw the floor opening and a staircase with glowing symbols on it. The symbols were those of the black zodiac. She followed the stallion down the stairs until they came to a large chamber. In the center of the chamber was a large mechanism. Just like the one on the book in Canterlot, only much larger. "This Twilight is the eye... At least it would be if I collected the spirits that would represent the black zodiac... Do want to know something strange Twilight?" The purple mare nodded and Fang gave a light chuckle. "If I died trying to protect you... Then I would be a perfect candidate for one of the signs..."

"Which one?" Fang looked at Twilight and gave a sad smile before shaking his head. "If... You tell me... I might let you collect the signs... But I definitely won't let you open the eye."

Fang looked at the mare and raised an eyebrow. "I thought you didn't want me to open the eye."

"I don't... But... I never said anything about collecting the signs..." Twilight smiled and walked over to her husband, who kissed her on the lips and smiled.

"The thirteenth sign... The Broken Heart... The spirit of a pony who dies because of an act of pure love... I would gladly die to protect you Twilight..." The mare nuzzled the stallion’s neck.

"That's so sweet..." Suddenly a thought shot through Twilight's head. Sweet. Ana was always sweet and kind. "Ana... Fang... A day before the wedding I was talking with Princess Celestia and she let it slip that... That you weren't really Ana's cousin, and she only called you that because the two of you are good friends... In fact you aren't related to her in any way..." The mare pulled away and smiled at the stallion. Fang gave a sigh.

"It's true... She only calls be cousin because we are very good friends...“ Twilight gave a little giggle.

"Well... I was thinking... Maybe we could get some practice at being parents..." Fang looked at the mare with curious eyes. It was fast and Twilight almost missed it but she saw a hint of both joy and hope in his eyes.

"Twilight... Are you suggesting that we..."

"Adopt Ana? Yes... Yes I am..." The mare gave another small smile. "I think it would make everypony happy..."

"Twilight... That sounds like a wonderful idea but... What made you think of the idea in the first place?" Twilight giggled.

"Because you didn't act like Ana's cousin. You acted like you were her father... And... The ride back home after I first met her... When I was holding her in my wings, trying to keep her safe and warm... I felt like a mother protecting her foal... In fact for about a week after I was wondering if I had been her mother in a past life..." Twilight gave a small sad sigh as the two walked out of the chamber and the entrance closed behind them. "She is only eleven... She should have parents..."

Fang smiled at his wife. "Well... We have the authority so... Let's adopt her..." A small tuft of a blue and white mane popped out from behind a bookshelf. Twilight and Fang smiled at the little alicorn filly, who had a book on her back, and Cheshire, who was riding on her head.

"Adopt who? Oh and Cadence sent me a letter telling me that Twilight was pregnant!" The small little filly began to bounce around. "You're a mommy and daddy, I'm going to be an auntie!" Fang and Twilight gave a short laugh.

"Ana... We need to talk..." Ana stopped bouncing and looked at Fang before curling into a small ball and trying to hide her face. Cheshire in the meanwhile had been sent flying when she started bouncing. "What are you doing?"

"Am I in trouble? I'm sorry for whatever I did... I didn't mean to do it..." Fang gave a small chuckle.

"Ana... We're not mad at you... We want to ask you something..." Ana looked at Twilight and uncurled from her attempt at trying to be a ball. "Ana... We want to adopt you so... Do you want to be our daughter?"

Ana just sat there for a second. Twilight and Fang looked at her with small smiles. Slowly the little filly's eyes filled with tears. "A-adopt m-me? Y-you w-want to a-adopt m-me? Y-y-you w-want to be m-my p-parents?" The two larger alicorns nodded and in seconds, Fang was tackled to the ground by the little filly, who was now crying very strongly. "D-daddy!" Ana stood up and ran over to Twilight, hugging her side, being careful not to hurt the foal inside of her. "M-mommy!" Twilight smiled and wrapped her wings around the little filly. Giving her a small nuzzle on the cheek.

"Is that a yes?" The little filly pulled her face off of Twilight's side and sniffled before nodding. Twilight's smile grew and she hugged the little filly. "If that's the case then you can call me mom, or mommy, if you want."

"I-I love you mommy! I love you daddy!" Fang smiled and walked over towards Twilight and Ana.

"We love you to Ana... We love you to..." Twilight gave a small smile when she looked at Fang's face and noticed something. He was crying... Not tears of sorrow. Tears of joy. Later that day Fang wrote up the papers and signed them. As did Twilight and Ana. All three of them approved the adoption. They all spent that night together, in the same bed. Ana asked that if she could sleep with them that night so that when she woke up she would know it wasn't a dream. The two adults nodded and Ana climbed into bed between them, yawned, said goodnight and that she loved them, received a kiss on the head from her new parents, and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, she awoke to find both Twilight and Fang hugging and smiling at her. It was real. She had new parents.


Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. ~ Ayn Rand.

PreviousChapters Next