• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,266 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,266

PreviousChapters Next
The Forgotten Filly.

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters. ~ Francisco Goya.

Luna and Twilight were in the Ponyville library. They were talking about the dreams they had last night. Twilight had a strange dream and she thought Discord had messed with her brain, she couldn't remember the whole thing, but she remembered seeing a demonic version of Cheshire juggling a bunch of pineapples. The lighter mare looked at Luna, who was looking around nervously, and smiled at her. "So Luna. What kind of dream did you have yesterday?"

Luna looked down and sighed. "I had a nightmare... That involved Nightmare, or at least her voice. I was in a large room with only one door. It had an image of Nightmare Moon on it but no matter how much I wanted to ignore it... I couldn't." Luna's hooves began to shake. "I went up to the door and opened it. That's when I heard Nightmare. She asked if I remembered her, I responded that I did and she..." Luna took a deep breath and stopped shaking. "She asked me what I had named her when she was born. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about and that's when I woke up."

A knock at the door caused the ponies to jump. "Package for Princess Luna!" Luna walked over to the door and opened it. She looked down and saw a box that came up to her knees. Luna looked around trying to see where the mailmare had gone. She saw nopony. She brought the box in and opened it in front of the other alicorn. She shoved her head in and after a minute pulled her head out, along with a doll.

"A doll?" Twilight blinked and looked at it closer. It was the size of a filly and it looked like Luna. Only instead of blue, it was black and had no cutie mark. "A Nightmare Moon doll!? Who would be cruel enough to send something like this!?" Luna didn't hear her, she was locked in a staring contest with the inanimate doll. Suddenly its mane began to flow and the blue button eyes became real.

The stitched in mouth spread apart revealing a tongue and the inside of a living pony's mouth. There was a soft giggle that both Twilight and Luna recognized, it was halfway between Luna and Nightmare Moon's voice, only it was a much higher pitch. The blood of the two alicorns turned cold as they looked at the doll. "Hello Mo-" Luna screamed and threw the doll, which had turned into a living filly version of her dark side, across the room. "Ouch! That hurt!"

Twilight stood up and ran to the door. "Don't worry Luna! I'll go get my friends so we can get rid of her!" With that she opened the door and ran outside before disappearing in a flash of light.

Luna growled and trotted over to Nightmare and picked her up with her magic. She was shocked to see that the filly version of her dark side's eyes were filled with tears. "P-please let me go... I-I didn't m-mean to get you locked in the m-moon... I-I didn't k-know that the s-spell would m-make you go c-crazy... I was just lo-lonely be-because daddy died... I just w-w-w-w-wahhhhhhhhhh!!!" The filly began to cry even harder than before.

Luna just kept looking at the filly in shock. She seemed familiar. Of course she looked like Nightmare Moon but that was not what seemed familiar. It was her voice. She sounded exactly the same as the voice of a filly that she had heard crying before. A filly from a thousand years ago. The larger alicorn wrapped her legs around the little filly and began to run a hoof down her back. "Shh. Shh. Don't cry, everything is going to be Ok." The crying became quieter but was still very loud.

Luna, to even her surprise, did not want the filly to be sad. She lowered her head and began to nuzzle the filly's neck. She felt the filly press an ear against her chest and heard a little yawn. Giving the filly a quick look, before continuing to nuzzle her neck, she saw that her eyes were closed and her breathing was shallow. She was asleep. Luna smiled and slowly laid the filly down, before laying down herself, and wrapped one of her wings over the filly. "Sweet dreams little one." Luna blinked and saw something play out in front of her. One of her memories. She was in a hospital, screaming as she gave birth, the doctors handed her daughter and a black threshal walked up to her and kissed her.

"What should we name her Luna?" Luna smiled at the stallion before looking down to her newborn daughter. She looked at her daughters bright blue eyes and the filly let out a giggle when her mother's mane tickled her nose. The foal let out a yawn, closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

"Sweet dreams my little filly..." Luna turned to the threshal and smiled. "Sweet dreams... How about Sweet Dream?"

"Well you are the princess of the night and I am a member of the night guard. I think that name would be pretty good for her. For our little filly." The threshal placed one of his hooves on one of hers and smiled at her before fading away. Luna blinked and saw that her flashback had ended. Looking down at the filly she smiled and her eyes began to tear up.

"I... I remember you... My little filly... How could I ever forget you?" As Luna wiped her tears away the door slammed open and the element bearers ran inside with the elements already around their necks. Luna went wide eyed and looked underneath her wing. Dream was gone. She heard a whimper and turned to see her daughter backing up into a corner. She was shaking in fear of the elements, who were surrounding her. Luna watched as the elements began to glow.

Dream kept shaking and curled into a ball in the corner. Her eyes began to tear up and she started to sob. "Mommy! Please save me!" The elements glowed harder and released the rainbow colored shock wave that they always did. The elements smiled because they were going to stop Nightmare Moon once and for all. They were all in shock when a second figure appeared in a flash of light, taking on the full force of the beam and being thrown back against the wall. The second figure was Luna. "Mommy!" The elements turned and saw Dream running towards Luna but they stepped in between her and her mother.

"She must have been controlling Luna! Alright girls! Let’s try again!" The other mares nodded to Twilight and the elements began to glow again. Just as they were about to release a second blast Twilight felt her tiara get yanked off her head, and turned to see Luna holding it with her magic. "Princess Luna? You must still be under Nightmare's control... Don't worry we'll stop her!" Twilight grabbed the tiara back with her own magic and placed it back on her head. She turned around and saw that Dream was trying to get past Applejack and Rainbow Dash, and failing miserably.

The entire group froze as Luna stood up and walked past them. She walked over to the little filly and looked down at her. Then, to the surprise of everypony in the room, she smiled, bent down, and hugged her. "Are you ok Dream? It's ok... Mother is here." She slowly ran a hoof down the filly's back and smiled even harder as her daughter returned the hug.

"D-dream? Y-you called me Dream? Y-you remember me! Mommy you remember me!" The elements sat down on their haunches and let their jaws drop. Dream looked at them and gave a nervous chuckle. "Mommy... Maybe we should explain... Um... Everything..."

Luna looked at the elements and smiled. "Yes I suppose we should... However... Maybe we should get the other royals here first... It is better to explain to them all at once than to have to explain to them twice." The door slowly opened and Fang ran in followed by Shining Armor, Cadence, who was carrying Skyla, came in.

"Is everything ok here? We heard screaming... A lot of screaming..." He looked at Luna and saw the little filly hiding under her wing. He smiled at her and waved a hoof. "Hello... What's your name?" The filly gave a small 'eep' and stepped back so that she was almost completely to hidden by her mother's wings. "... Was It something I said?" Fang was not sure why the filly was scared until he remembered that he was explaining how a vampony's fangs were used to suck blood for nutrients. He quickly retracted his fangs and looked at the little filly who was trying to hide. "Sorry."

"It's ok my little one. This is Fang. He's Twilight's fiancé. He won't hurt you and neither will Twilight or her friends. You are my daughter after all." Twilight and her friends all looked at each other, then smiled and nodded. Twilight stood up and walked over to Fang and looked at him before his horn lit up in its blood red aura. The same aura surrounded both Luna and Dreams heads.

"She is telling the truth. I just used a DNA spell. It checked their molecular structure and well... Half of the filly's DNA matches Luna's so she is her daughter." Fang smiled and mouthed a congratulations to Luna.

Cadence walked up to Luna and smiled at her. She then bent down and looked at the filly hiding in Luna's wings. "Hello little one. I'm Cadence. That over there is my husband Shining Armor, he's Twilight's brother, and this." Cadence's horn lit up and levitated Skyla to the floor. "Is our daughter Skyla." The little hot pink filly sat down and smiled at the dark colored filly. Dream smiled and trotted out from under the protection of her mother’s wing. "What's your name?"

"S-Sweet Dream." The little filly looked up to her mother who just smiled down at her and nodded. Dream stuck her hoof out. "It's nice to meet you Ms. Cadence." Cadence smiled, stuck her hoof out and shook the little filly's hoof.

Luna just smiled as her daughter went around to everypony and shook their hooves. Dream then walked over to Luna and looked up at her. She waved her hoof toward her own face, a signal that she needed to tell her something. Luna bent down so that she was face to face with her daughter. "What is it Dream?"

The filly quickly lunged at her and wrapped her forelegs around her mother's neck. "I love you Mommy!" All of the ponies that were gathered looked at the mother and daughter with smiles on their faces. Luna smiled and hugged her daughter back.

"I love you to Dream." Luna looked at her daughter and she heard a small growl. "Looks like somepony is hungry." Dream just blushed and nodded. "Come on, lets get you something to eat." Luna turned to Twilight. "Um do you mind if we go and raid your fridge?"

Twilight smiled and shook her head. "Not at all... Oh but whatever you do, don't eat the pickles. I need those for an experiment." Luna raised an eyebrow at the purple alicorn. "It's to see if mold will grow on something that is submerged in Liquid Mercury... So don't eat it." Luna sighed and nodded before walking into the kitchen quickly followed by Dream. Twilight looked as the two darker alicorns talked and ate. She turned her head and saw her brother and Cadence playing with their daughter. She then turned to Fang and laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't wait until we have a foal of our own..."

Fang smiled. "Neither can I Twilight. Neither can I." Twilight gave him a quick peck on the lips and smiled as he wrapped a wing around her. The two alicorns then trotted off toward the Everfree Forest, but more importantly toward Fang's castle.


Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~ William Shakespeare.

Author's Note:

Quick note. Dream is ten years old same age as Ana, and she is not Nightmare Moon!

PreviousChapters Next