• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,236 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,236

PreviousChapters Next
Cloudsdale Captured.

What else is the whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and plays each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage. ~ Erasmus.


"Rainbow..." Dash groaned, turned over and buried her face and ears further into the pillow that she had been using last night. She had come to Cloudsdale to visit her coltfriend Thunder and his sister Lightning. "Rainbow..." She flicked her tail at the sound of the noise and smiled when she hit something. "... Are you sure you want me to do that? Your not even awake yet..." Her tail shot down and she heard a sigh. "I give up! Sis you try and wake her up!"

"Easy.... Ahem... Hey Dash! Spitfire said you can join The Wonderbolts!" Dash shot up from the bed and turned to see her coltfriend Thunder and his sister. "See I told you! Saying 'Wonderbolts' wakes her up!" Thunder just shrugged.

Dash just glared at the female pegasus. "That was a mean trick Lightning! I thought you had stopped doing stuff like that!"

"I stopped doing things that could get another pony physically hurt. I still pull pranks as long as they cant hurt anypony physically." Dash sighed and was about to go back to bed. "Hey listen! The reason why we were waking you up really does have to do with The Wonderbolts!"

Dash looked up from the pillow. "Thunder what is she talking about?" She heard electricity crackle and the sound of a T.V. turning on.

"We now take you live to our anchormare, Silver Horizons at The Wonderbolt Academy where the militaristic daredevils are facing off against unknown assailants. Silver what do you see?" Dash turned and faced the screen as it changed from a stallion to a grey mare with a microphone in her hooves.

"Well Madden you won't believe this, but it is only one assailant and he is fighting the three most prominent members of The Wonderbolts. We received reports from Spitfire herself moments ago describing the stallion who she, Soarin, and Fleetfoot are fighting as a 'deadly freak of nature'. She said and I quote, 'He seems to have military training to a degree where he can take two of us on at the same time.' We have been forced to get to a safe distance and-" A scream cut them off. The camera turned away from the mare and focused on a falling Fleetfoot. She was falling back first and her left wing was bent in in angle that should not have been possible. Dash went wide eyed and flew out of the window that was next to Thunder's bed.

She was soon followed by Thunder and Lightning. The three took a direct course for the academy and found the training grounds in ruins. "Help! I think I broke my leg!" Dash, Thunder, and Lighting turned to the source of the sound and saw Fleetfoot hiding behind a corner. "I can't walk, or fly!" The three pegasi ran over and saw that she had a broken leg and a broken wing.

Dash and Thunder looked between each other. "Fleet... Who did this?" They turned to Lightning, who was lifting the mare onto her back.

"The pegasus who Spitfire and Soarin are fighting... Turns out he is an ancestor of mine... My family has always been in the military... He's part of the Transylmaneian army..." The three blinked. "Did you know that my family originated in Neighpon?" The twins shook their heads no but Dash gave a slight nod. "My family tree goes as far back as a warlord known as Kyūkōka Bakugeki no Washi. His name means 'Dive Bombing Eagle' in Equestrian."

"Fleet... How do you know that this pegasus is your ancestor?" Fleetfoot gave a small smile to Lightning.

"My family crest is branded on his forehead... It was a common practice among Japaneighse warriors thousands of years ago. It showed which family you were a part of. I got a small tattoo of my family crest... It's under my right wing." She raised her working wing to reveal a small symbol that made Dash's eyes go wide. ワシ. She had seen that symbol before. It was on the forehead Fang's general, Lǎoyīng.

"Lightning, Thunder you two get Fleetfoot out of here! I need to go get Soarin and Spitfire to surrender!" Dash took off and Thunder looked at his sister.

Lightning Dust sighed. "Go... I got Fleet..." Thunder smiled at his sister and took off after Dash. "I wonder why she want's them to surrender... Why isn't she helping them?" Fleet gave a little giggle.

"Because Soarin and Spitfire won't be able to win." Lighting turned to Fleet and raised an eyebrow. "Have you even heard of The Warriors of The Seven Winds?" Lightning nodded. Her mother had told her a legend about pegasi who could control the winds with their wings and turn it into a deadly weapon. "It's a true story based off of my family. The eldest child of each generation is able to control the winds. Stallions are able to use it to cause great destruction. Mares however are just able to use it for healing. Watch." The symbol under Fleetfoot's right wing glowed a light green and the winds began to circle around her broken wing. Soon it was if it had just been broken in one place instead of six.

"Wow." Lightning shook her head before leading Fleetfoot to a safe place and went with her and the doctors when they took her to the hospital.


Rainbow and Thunder quickly found Soarin. The front half of his body was stuck inside a cloud while the back half was bucking wildly trying to get free. After a few chuckles they grabbed him and pulled him out. The first thing they noticed is that his Wonderbolt badge was ripped off along with part of his suit. Soarin sputtered to life and looked at the couple. "Hey guys! Did you come to help?"

"Soarin, listen, you need to surrender! Like right now! I have fought this guy! You can't beat him! Get outta here and get someplace safe. Me and Thunder are going to go get Spitfire before she-" Dash was cut off when the light gold mare was thrown on top of Soarin. She was also missing her badge. Her lip was bloody and she was missing a tooth. She tried to get up but screamed in pain as soon as her right fore hoof hit the ground.

She just glared in the direction she had come from. "OK! You win! Happy? You win, I give up, I surrender, if I was a unicorn I would summon a white flag!" Spitfire sighed and crawled off of Soarin despite the pain her leg was in. That is when she saw Rainbow and looked down in disgrace. "Hey Dash... Heh I guess you think I'm lame now, don't ya?"

Rainbow laughed and Spitfire looked up. "No... I completely understand why you are surrendering. The guy is extremely tough. He was barely affected when I hit him with the element of loyalty." Spitfire went wide eyed when she heard that.

"The elements are meant to restore peace aren't they?" Rainbow nodded. "Then why didn't it... I don't know... Make him all 'sunshine and butterflies'? He is more angry then a dragon that was just bucked in the jaw." The blood drained from Dash's face. She had seen how angry that would make a dragon. She had done that to a dragon and thought that she was going to get eaten. Spitfire turned her head and watched as one of her team mates, Rapidfire, stumbled towards her.

"Spitfire! I quit!" The pegasi all blinked and looked at him with slack jaws. He took off his goggles, badge, and suit before throwing them down.

"Um... Rapid... Why are you quitting?" The stallion sighed.

"Because I have enough cash to live the rest of my life comfortably and raise a family of thirteen! I'm not as young as I used to be and I don't want to break my wings trying to pull off a stunt... Again. It took me this long because I didn't want to quit for seemingly no reason. I have a reason now so... I quit!" The stallion snorted and took off.

Spitfire just blinked before scowling at the stallion as he flew away. "I'm not sending you a final paycheck!" She looked at the suit and sighed. Now she needed to find a replacement. After a few seconds Spitfire looked at Dash. "Hey Dash... Wanna fill Rapid's spot on the team?"

Dash blinked and closed her jaw. She then closed her eyes and put a hoof on her chin. "Let me thi- Yes!"

"Congratulations, your a Wonderbolt now." Seeing that Rainbow couldn't stand still and was beginning to shake made her smile. "You can do a fan girl squeal... We all do when we first join." Dash took a deep breath and let out the loudest squeal she could.

A loud crack was heard over Dash's squeal and caught the attention of all the pegasi who were talking. Looking upwards they watched as the sky slowly turned an inky black. A cough was heard and they all turned to see Fang's general Lǎoyīng. "As of this moment., Cloudsdale is now part of Transylmaneia. The weather factory is not allowed to supply Canterlot with rain. It will be considered criminal activity, which means I will have to come back and do this..." He motioned to the destroyed landscape that surrounded them. "Again. Is that clear?"

Spitfire gulped. "Crystal." The wind controlling stallion walked over and patted Spitfire on the head before turning to Dash.

"After hearing from Queen Twilight about what you have done... I am glad you made the team." He smiled and gave her a wink before taking off.

Dash, Thunder, Spitfire, and Soarin all watched as he flew away. "Wait a second... Did he plan to get me onto the Wonderbolts!?" All eyes turned to Dash. "Well... Thanks I guess?" The pegasi all burst out laughing. Thunder was the first to recover. He walked over to Dash and smiled before kissing her. Dash smiled and eagerly returned it. It had been a good day for her.


An earthly kingdom cannot exist without inequality of persons. Some must be free, some serfs, some rulers, some subjects. ~ Martin Luther.

PreviousChapters Next