• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,261 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,261

PreviousChapters Next
A Family of Monsters or a Monster of a Family?

Ponyville. Five days later. The Gilded Truffle.

Rarity was having lunch when she noticed how she was the only pony at the expensive restaurant. Not wanting to believe that she was to only pony in town who had a high enough class to eat here anymore she finished her meal quickly and payed, including her usual extra 30% tip for the waiter. As she was getting up to leave she just had to ask. "Is it just me or am I the only one here today?"

Garson the waiter sadly nodded his head. "Oui, madam. A new diner opened up down the street. Good food and it's much cheaper. We are going to have to close down if they keep taking out business."

Rarity just raised an eyebrow at him. "Stealing your business? Have you even gone to this new diner?" He nodded. "What is it like?"

He looks at her. "The proprietor is odd. She... Collects things that belong to serial killers and talks about them ponies seem to like hearing about why the killers did what they did though. From what I hear she was a member of the Manehatten, Behavioral Analysis Unit. Her husband is not far from becoming a sociopath if you ask me. He likes to dress up like a clown. He calls that persona... What was it? Funny Pants? Yes that was it he is a white unicorn with a blue mane like that famous one named Fancy Pants. Instead of a mustache however her has a goatee. They have four children named... Morte, Guerra, Carestia, and Peste. Two fillies and Two colts. One of each gender is like their parents. They have one colt and filly that are pegasi, and a colt and filly that are unicorns. The mother is named Fame (pronounced Fa-may) and the father is named Strano. Their names are all in Italian. (I researched this!) I do not know what their names mean."

Rarity had a hoof on her mouth. "Oh my! How many times did she give birth?" He mouthed the word 'one.' "Four foals in one session... She is tougher than Applejack. Wait did you say she was a member of a Behavioral Analysis Unit?" He nodded. "Why did she become a diner owner then? I mean that is a very good paying job after all. Celestia pays them herself. Out of her own pocket."

He looked at her. "She believes that her team caused a innocent pony to commit death by guard. If they are faced by a potentially dangerous pony then they have the right to kill. She met Strano in prison when she interviewed a killer who was using ponies in their recipes. He was the guard on that was on duty at the time. The killer somehow got hold of a butchers knife and tried to kill her. He ended up dead though..."

Rarity just looked at him wide eyed and walk off. She soon reached the diner and saw it was filled. In front of the store was a pony in a clown suit. "Hello... Would you be Strano by any chance?"

The pony took his wig off and looked at her. "I have never seen you before and owe you nothing." He just sighed and sat down. Then a little colt walked by, a white unicorn but instead of blue he had a black mane. He had a book on his back. "Morte, there you are! I was so worried about you my son!" The ponies quickly embraced each other with a hug the father grabbing the book that the colt was reading. "Morte why are you obsessed with death and things that cause it?"

The little colt tilted his head. "It is more of an interest than obsession father. I am interested in death because I want to be a mortician when I grow up. Did you know that Princess Twilight Sparkle lives in this town?" His father just nodded. "I figured it out by chance. She is the local librarian by the way. Can I please have that book back now?" His father looked at the book then his son and smiled. As soon as he got the book back he looked at his father. He then turned to Rarity. "Hello. Who are you?"

Rarity just raised an eyebrow at him. "I am Rarity. I came to ask if your parents knew that they were driving my favorite restaurant out of business."

Strano just sighed. "We are doing it again? I suppose you want us to pack up and leave then?"

Rarity gasped. "No! Why would I want that?"

Morte was the one to answer. "Because it has happened with every town we have lived in. I'm sorry about your favorite restaurant but we simply can not pack up and move again." His face changed for a second his snout getting a little shorter, his perfect white teeth became yellowed fangs, and his silver eyes turning black. When he looked up and saw Rarity's face he started to back away.

Rarity was just staring with wide eyes. "What are you?"

Strano looked at her. "You can see our other form?" She just nodded. "You have met Fang. Come here at 9:00. Bring any ponies who you know that have also met Fang. We will talk tonight." Rarity did so that night.

Wendigo Diner. 9:00 P.M.

Rarity had gathered all the elements and told them to come to the diner that night, however she did not tell them what she seen. She knocked on the door of the diner and a orange pegasus mare with a black mane opened it. "You must be the ones that met Fang... Come on inside." As soon as they were all inside she closed the blinds and locked the door. "OK before we start the question and answer session I have to get my husband and children. Before I have to do that however I need to know... How many of you have children or younger siblings?" When she saw three of the elements raise their hooves she smiled and seemed to relax. "Thats good. Then I assume you know what it feels like when young ones hate you?" They all nodded and she smiled. As she walked away the elements sat down at a large table.

Dash was the first to speak up. "OK Rarity. Why are you so worried? These seem like nice ponies!" The others all nodded in agreement... Except for Twilight.

"Girls they might not be ponies at all." The other four looked at her confusion written on their faces. "There son, the one named Morte, came into the library and asked for a book on death of all things. He is only ten years old! I asked him why he was thinking about death. He did a complete 180 and said he though I might be different, that I might of understood sense I was a princess. Then he growled and his body changed a little bit. His muzzle became shorter, his eyes turned black, and his teeth became old yellowed fangs. He changed back in a second. He told me that he was sorry for his little outburst but he had gotten questions like that all his life. It was usually followed by his family being run out of town."

Rarity looked at Twilight. "You saw it to then? His change I mean." She just nodded and suddenly a little red filly was on the table. "Hello?"

She just glared at the ponies who were sitting down and flapped her tiny wings. Then her face changed the way Morte's had. "I wont let you take mama and papa away! If you even try I will hurt you!" She seemed like she was bluffing but with that change that she had gone through no pony was sure. When her face changed back she had visibly relaxed. "Do you understand me? Woah!" She was now being held upside down by a unicorn filly with a brown coat and blue mane. Her horn was alight and the strange thing about her was that she was very skinny. "Carestia! Put me down!"

The little filly did as she was told and placed her sister on the floor. "I am very sorry for my sisters behavior. She is a little... protective of our parents. Family means everything to us you see."

Fluttershy is looking at the filly. "You look like your starving... Don't you eat anything?"

A little green pegasus colt with a black mane walked up to them. He was wearing a surgical mask. "It is because she was born with an inability to gain body fat." He sighed. "No matter how much she eats she just... Keeps that form! Before you ask no I am not wearing this mask because I am sick, I am wearing it because I don't want to get sick." Then Morte and his parents walked in.

Strano walked up to the mares and shooed his children off the table. "First I would like to apologize for my children's behavior. Second I just need to say that we are not going to hurt you. No mater how much Guerra thinks we should." A table floated over along with six chairs. His family all took their seats and were watching the mane six carefully. If any of them went for a weapon they would know. "Now your questions if you would be so kind?"

Aj just looked at them. "I got a question. What in holy hay are you?"

Morte is the one who answered. "We are wendigo. Scientific name Vescatur Mannis. We are nothing like the windigos in the Hearths Warming Eve play. Our kind is know for... Eating ponies... However we are all vegetarians. It is possible for wendigos to learn to live in society without eating ponies."

Twilight looked at the family and then to Morte. "I have two. Do the princesses know what you are and Morte why are you so interested in death?"

The pegasus mare names Fame nodded. "Luna knows what we are. She came to investigate a murder in Manehatten. She stopped in our resturaunt for lunch and what she saw what we were she... She came back that night and asked us if we ate ponies. We do not."

Morte sighed. "As for why I am interested in death... Let me put it this way. I am interested in how the things that gives us life can also take it away. Take the nightshade flower for example. If you cook it then it is harmless. Eat a large enough amount of it raw and you will die within the hour. Fun fact. Did you know most ponies think that their manes keep growing after they die? That is not true, it is just a myth."

Fluttershy raised a hoof. "U-um would you be responsible for some of my animals going missing in the last three days?"

Carestia looked at her. "Perish the thought. We do not eat meat from any creature... Wait a second, actually, are you the pony who lives at the edge of the Everfree Forest?" Fluttershy nodded. "Oh then I took an injured mouse that I found back here and had my brother help it. He wants to be a doctor or a veterinarian when he grows up."

Peste looked at Fluttershy then left and came back with a cage that had an albino rat in it. Its two back legs were broken and in small splints. "The patient here is just fine. He should give it a month or two before he tries to walk again though. Also it is a rat not a mouse Carestia."

Carestia just sighed. "Brother I don't care if it is a rat! It was hurt it needed help! As ponies we should give help to those who need it!"

Before anypony else could say something Rainbow was looking at Guerra. "Your a pretty tough little filly... Why did you assume that we came to take your mama and papa away?"

Guerra just blinked and looked at her. "The last town we were in was Vanhoover. When we didn't pay the guards there for protection they tried to arrest mama and papa. I punched them and the ran away. They came back the next night and burned down our diner... Its a force of habit, I just always assume that ponies are coming to take mama and papa away..."

Pinkie was the 5th to ask a question. "Do you like parties?" There was a chorus of yes from all the wendigos. Except Peste. "Why not mister Peste?"

Peste just blinked at her. "I do not like to be made fun of because of how my mind works. Me and my brother and sisters were all born with a disease of the mind, excluding Carestia. I was born with Aspergers Syndrome. Guerra was born with ADHD, I don't know what Carestia was born with but she can not gain weight, and Morte was born with OCD."

Rarity was the last to speak. "This may seem... Disturbing to you but Strano why do you like clowns, and Fame why do you collect things that were owned by serial killers?"

Strano looked at her. "I just like to make ponies smile. A day without laughter is a day wasted after all." This received a nod and a smile from Pinkie. The others were all disturbed about Fame's hobby.

To answer she pulled out a bag that had folders in it. Then Fame spoke. "I was part of the Manehatten B.A.U. I put many killers away back in Manehatten. Some of them were completely crazy and had to be institutionalized. You see this folder?" They all nodded. It had a picture of a ghost like pony with spider legs on it. "This is my profile of The Boogieman of Celestial Way. A serial killer who, despite being only eight years old, had three victims and his crimes were very organized. His victims were all children who went to his school."

Twilight took the folder and read it out loud. "A profile created by the Manehatten BAU, states that the unsub (who was believed to be an adult at the start of the case) would be trusted, shy, physically fit, and small in size. The anger caused by the combination of his mother leaving him, because she had died, and his father never being around caused Home Run to develop an intense hatred of other children, who he felt were stealing all his father's attention away from him. Home Run killed out of rage, but was also methodical and organized. After claiming his first two victims Home Run became more brazen and violent, continuing to beat Sleep Song (His third victim) even after she had expired. His Modus Operandi was that Home Run would lure other children deep into the woods and bludgeon them to death with an aluminum baseball bat, taking their saddlebags (and, in one case, an article of clothing. A baseball cap.) as a trophy."

The other ponies just gawked. Dash was the only one who spoke up. "Why did he do that?"

Fame looked at her. "I asked him the same question his answer was. 'Because I wanted to'." She took the folder back and put it away. "Now I helped this country in ways that none of you have. I used to put ponies like him in mental institutions so they could get help. I know that we are scary because we are wendigos but you have nothing to fear from us." With that the ponies all smiled and nodded, they said their goodbyes to one another and went home.

Unfortunately the killer who had been following the family who owned the diner saw that Fluttershy matched his profile for his victims. A pegasus mare with a pink mane. His sick grin widened and she followed her home. Her scream of terror was not heard. However he was doing what he always did, kidnap a pegasus mare with a pink mane, take her to an abandoned building, tourture her and break her mind until she was begging to die, then skin her and let her hang by the neck and drop their body, with a noose around its neck that was tied to the top of the building, off of the building. He was no ordinary pony. He was a serial killer copycat. He was The garrote phantom.

Author's Note:

Leave a comment and tell me if you liked the chapter! Also leave a comment telling me what things could be improved.

PreviousChapters Next