• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 9,266 Views, 334 Comments

A Lost Soul Returns: The King of Monsters - Dark Star the Crazed



A statue in the castle of the royal pony sisters is like Discord. There is a living being trapped within, and he is set free.

  • ...
52
 334
 9,266

PreviousChapters Next
Opening the Eye.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. ~ Benjamin Franklin.


Three months later.

Twilight, Trixie, the elements, their coltfriends, the princesses, Ana, and Soul were standing outside of the entrance to the chamber that held the Eye of Tartarus. Over the past three months Fang and Soul had collected the remaining five signs of the Black Zodiac, the Great Child, the Dire Mother, the Hammer, the Jackal, and the Broken Heart. Sadly all of the ponies knew the mare who now represented the Broken Heart. It was Granny Smith. A fire had broken out in the farmhouse and Granny Smith ran back in to save Applebloom before Applejack could. The farmhouse collapsed and when the smoke cleared away they found Granny Smith's body, huddled over Applebloom in an effort to keep her safe. She had died because of an act of pure love for the little filly.

"I just can't believe she's gone... She died a week after I saved her from jumping off a high dive... Strange isn’t it? I save her from dying because of water, and she ends up dying because of fire... I don't know why she wants to be a part of this ritual though..." Applejack sighed.

"Maybe she sees it as her duty..." Applejack turned and looked at Trixie with a raised eyebrow. "Fang is doing this, a dark ritual that could possibly drive him insane, not for himself, but to protect the ponies that he cares about. Maybe she sees this as the final way she can protect you." Applejack sighed and glanced at the mare.

"You know what?" Trixie gulped and shook her head. "You should have been one of those motivational speakers. You strangely made sense there." The orange mare nodded at the azure unicorn and gave a small smile.

"I just want to know what this ritual will do to my husband." Twilight sat down and pressed a hoof to her stomach. "I trust him but... I'm still worried what it will do to him."

"There is no way to tell what the ritual will do until it is over." Twilight looked at Soul and sighed. "The best we can do is wish him luck..."

"Soul... Is there any chance he might d-die?" Soul sadly nodded. "I don't want to lose him... I want my foals to grow up with a father..." Twilight stood up and walked towards the chamber's entrance, only for it to slam shut once she got close. Twilight stumbled back, but was caught by Trixie and Soul. "W-what? Why did it slam shut like that?"

"Because the ritual just started. Now there is nothing we can do but wait."

Inside the chamber.

Fang stood silently as the thirteen spirits took their places on the symbol that corresponded to them in the black zodiac. As soon as each spirit was positioned atop of their symbol, the large golden ring that said symbols were engraved on began to rotate, along with the smaller golden rings that worked their way into the center. Fang slowly moved into the center of the rings and stood there. As the rings began to pick up speed he sighed and closed his eye. "Sed. Tredecim, ut religionis animos colligant, deos quaeso fac inferi!" The rings began to slow down and a small red orb formed above the black alicorn. Slowly the plate that Fang was standing on began to turn counter clockwise.

The rings stopped and Fang was facing Poco. "Primogenitus virtutem petam!"

The ghostly colt nodded. "Unde petitum, ita erit!" The orb above Fang's head grew slightly larger and the rings began to turn again, when they stopped this time Fang was facing the Torso.

"Rogo autem de abdominis!" The torso repeated the same thing that Poco had said and the process continued. Each spirit responded the same way. By reciting the spell in the old language. They all said 'As it is requested, so it shall be!' and as Fang saw each spirit he asked them for their power. With each spirit that responded as Poco had the orb above Fang grew larger.

"Finis autem potentiae respondet Mare!" The Bound Mare.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Exsiccatum rogo amator virtutis!" The Withered Lover.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Rogo laceratione potestate principis!" The Torn Prince.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Iratus principem potestatis respondet!" The Angry Princess.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Respondet potentia Pilgrimess!" The Pilgrimess.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Magna vis rogo Puer!" The Great Child.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Summam virtutem petam Mater!" The Dire Mother.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Respondet potentia malleum!" The Hammer.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Respondet potentia Draconis!" The Jackal.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Respondet potentia Juggernaut!" The Juggernaut.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

"Virtus cor peto!" The Broken Heart.

"Unde petitum, ita erit!"

Once Fang had requested the power of all thirteen spirits he opened his eyes and looked at the orb. "Terminis omnibus presentibus, ut convenit, nunc poscere daemonum vires di eorum domum! Servire utar tutela et potestas morer! Ut tellus Hylam sarta finis dierum! Et ne in aeternum nocte! Et stare in Apocalypsi, etiam antequam incipiat!" The earth began to shake and the red orb, which was now ten times the size of Fang, slowly descended. It touched the tip of his horn and all went black.

Outside the chamber.

"W-what's going on!?" Twilight took to the air in an effort to keep herself from falling over.

"GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Twilight's eyes went wide when she heard her husband's scream.

'Oh no! He's not going to make it!' Suddenly the earth stopped shaking and the entrance to the chamber opened. Nine orbs of light floated out of the chamber, through the walls of the castle, and floated up into the sky before disappearing. Nine of the spirits used in the ritual had been set free and were able to cross over. Twilight landed and ran towards the entrance to the chamber. "Fang! Fang! Can you hear me!?" The group heard some hoofsteps and watched as Poco, Granny Smith, and Sangue climbed the stairs that led out of the chamber.

"It is done." Slowly Fang climbed the stairs. Twilight gasped when she saw her husband's eyes. They were glowing. In fact his whole body was glowing. "I opened the eye..." He looked at Twilight and Ana. "Never let me do it again." Fang stopped glowing and fell over.

"Fang!" Twilight ran over to her husband and rolled him over before placing an ear to his chest. She sighed n relief when she heard his heart beating. "Oh thank goodness. He's alive..." Twilight stood up and walked over to the stallion's head, laid down, and began to nuzzle his cheek. "Honey... It's time to wake up..."

Fang shifted so that his lips were touching his wife's. Twilight giggled and kissed him. A few seconds later his eyes opened. All was silent for a minute. "Twilight... Please mover your head so I can sit up." Twilight did so and Fang slowly sat up. "Ok... Did I open the eye?" Everypony nodded. "Is there anything different about me?" Everypony shook their heads. "Everypony stand back. I want to try something." Everypony backed away and Fang's horn lit up. The aura from his horn spread over his body and he became slimmer and slightly taller. "Did it work?" Everypony gasped. His voice was a higher pitch. Fang had become a mare. "Am I a mare now?" Everypony nodded. "Good... I need to try a few more things." His horn glowed again and he turned back into a stallion. Then to the surprise of everypony he turned into a colt. "Ok. It gave me a lot of extra arcane energy... I was never able to cast gender or age spells before... Now to see if it affected my strength." Fang turned back into a stallion and stood up. His horn glowed and he teleported the group into a courtyard that was used by the guards for training.

"I suppose you want to spar?" Fang shook his head. "Want me to block your attack and see how far back it sends me?" The black alicorn nodded. "Hoof or sword?"

"Hoof." Soul nodded and Fang charged at the shade. When he reached his childhood friend he raised a hoof and struck the unicorn in the chest. The unicorn slid back a few feet. "Well... It certainly made me stronger in both physical and arcane aspects, but it didn't make me faster." He looked down at his hooves. "I think that I'm strong enough now."

"Alright dude!" Soul ran over and slapped the alicorn on the back. "Now we just have to wait three months. After that... We break Lepus into tiny pieces and feed him to a chimera in the Fire Geyser Swamp."

Fang nodded. "Agreed!" In the back of his mind however, a dark message kept playing. Over and over. A large being stood before him. One made of fire and light. It kept changing form.

"Seven trials you and your friends must pass. So you can right, the wrongs of the past." Fang shook his head, walked over to his wife and kissed her before he realized something. One month. It was only one month until their two little bundles of joy arrived in this world.

'With this power I will protect those I hold dear to my heart. As well as the innocent ponies who roam this earth.'


Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. ~ Ernest Hemingway.

Author's Note:

I would tell you what I typed in Latin... But I honestly forgot what any of it means... I know that the part that had the names of the signs means. I request the power of (insert one of the signs here.)

PreviousChapters Next