• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 782 Views, 8 Comments

the First Brony of Equestria - ArtichokeLust



Torn from his home, a young Brony struggles just to stay alive in the suprisingly deadly world of his dreams

  • ...
9
 8
 782

Faron

Fluttershy heard a soft knocking on her door, but she was preparing a meal for angel.

"Just a minute," She replied.

As if in reply, she heard a strange noise from outside her door. For some reason, she didn't know what it meant, even though she could understand most animals, but she thought she knew the tone well enough.

It had said, "Help." The meal could wait.

Fluttershy flew over to her door and opened it. Greeting her was some burnt, bipedal monster. She would have slammed the door out of fear and surprise if not for its eyes. Its eyes were full of hope and determination, and its eyes made it clear that it needed her help.

It was then that she realized that this thing was not supposed to look this way.

*GASP* Fluttershy held her hooves to her mouth. This thing was sick from some terrible, terrible disease. The worst thing was, she didn't know what disease!

She grabbed the poor thing and tried to fly to the hospital. The only problem was, it was way too big for her to carry.

"Help! I need help!" She called back to her cottage in a voice louder than most would expect from Fluttershy. In response, a flock of birds of many types flew out to greet her. Together, they flew off towards Ponyville hospital.

___

"I'm sorry," Nurse Red Heart stated with a hard look in her eyes, "We only treat ponies, and on occasion griffons. We don't have the equipment or the expertise to treat other... species..." Red Heart looked over to the burnt... thing.

Most of the birds flew out the entrance to the hospital while Red Heart was talking, dropping Jason gently on the floor. What suddenly horrified and awed Red Heart wasn't the fact that the creature was so different than most things she had heard of, it was because she finally realized that it wasn't supposed to be black and swollen. There were cracks along its skin that indicated this was a very new look for it. And the most horrifying thing of all was that it was slowly trying to stand up, its skin cracking more as it did so. It was still conscious!

Suddenly, Nurse Red Heart understood the urgency of the situation, "...But we'll do what we can."

She turned around and yelled to the halls, "CODE BLACK! WE HAVE A CODE BLACK!"

Nurse Red Heart turned back to Fluttershy once the doctors started scrambling out of their doors. "We'll do what we can, but I've never seen anything like this."



Fluttershy was happy that the doctors would do their best to help, but she was still worried, especially since Red Heart just told her that she had never seen anything like that before. So as soon Jason was rushed off into some room, Fluttershy flew off as fast as she could towards the only mare that could help in such an unexpected situation: Twilight Sparkle.



Twilight heard a crashing sound and got up from her beloved book to investigate.

"Rainbow," She scolded, " how many times do I have to tell you to use the do-"

Instead of rainbow, Fluttershy was sitting on the floor surrounded by glass. Thank goodness Twilight decided to get tampered glass, or else both her pegasus friends would have been maimed by now.

"Twilight!" Her friend spoke up, catching Twilight's attention. This was an unusually loud voice for her quiet friend. Granted it was still somewhat quiet, but still. "I need your help!"

"-Anything for a friend!" Twilight immediately forgot about her window. She was always ready to solve a friendship problem!



The duo flew out the library and made for the Hospital. Once there, they asked the receptionist for the room with the burnt animal, and she directed them to room 34.

In the room they found their animal. And it was still awake!

"It's not reacting to any of our anesthesia!" A doctor panicked, "We'll have to do tests on everything! EVERYTHING! We don't have time for this!"

"Just calm down!" Another doctor yelled, "If we just think things through, we can surely-"

"What the..." Twilight looked around at the surrounding chaos, "STOP!" She yelled.

All the doctors and nurses stopped what they were doing and looked at Twilight, it was then that they noticed a muffled, but urgent sound from the animal.

When everyone looked over to the thing, it sat up and pretended it was... writing?

It repeated its urgent noise.

"Get it a quill, ink, and paper!" Twilight ordered.

___

Jason calmed a bit when he received his writing utensils.

He thought he could finally fall asleep when he was in the hospital, but everyponies panic proved him wrong. Now he needed to tell them he needed food and water, probably from an IV. So he drew pictures of different food items, taking the time to draw a stack of hay and cross it out, and tried to draw an iv hooked up to him. He also decided to put the names for the food items right by them. He thought about leaving out meat, but seeing as he was losing so much blood through his skin, he decided not to. Instead, he put a picture of some fish on the paper, since he remembered Fluttershy feeding those to some of her otters in one of the opening scenes.

___

Twilight took the paper back from the undead creature and looked at it. There were several food items on it with foreign symbols next to them. Did this creature have its own written language? No, that was ridiculous-

-And it also wasn't important at the moment, "It needs food and water, here's a list of items it can and can't eat," Twilight handed the paper to a nearby nurse.

Now would be the harder things, she would have to find out-

Jason gestured for paper again.

___

This time, Jason decided to draw a diagram of the human body, internal organs and all, down to as much detail as he could remember. Which was quite a lot of detail now that his life was on the line.

Mid-drawing, a nurse came back with a tray of food, including some pet food, since nopony ate meat. Apparently they didn't have IVs, or at least they couldn't make one specific for him.

___

Twilight took back the papers from the animal and almost choked at what she saw. On several sheets were diagrams of this beings insides, complete with what looked to be words pointing towards most of the organs. The first shock was the complexity and detail in the drawings, this creature was definitely intelligent. The second shock was that most of the organs were completely foreign, as if they were designed for another universe entirely! Sure, the intestines and brain might work, but that was about it.

Twilight felt a chill run through her heart as she slumped a bit. Not even Celestia could fix an entire organism, especially not when it was this close to deaths door. She could not help this creature, nopony could.

No pony...