• Published 30th May 2013
  • 1,891 Views, 19 Comments

Of Scotch, Gender-Switching, Doctors and What Have You - AkemiTheSunbro



Twilight and her friends are sent to a different dimension and must rely on a strange pony to get back.

  • ...
7
 19
 1,891

Wrapping Things Up

"Wow. Impressive." The Doctor remarked as Duskshine finished relaying the story. He walked over to the TARDIS' controls. "Alright, coordinates set for one thousand years into Equestria's future. That's the correct time, right?" Duskshine nodded. "Alright!" The Doctor exclaimed. "Allons-Y!" He pulled a lever and the TARDIS began shaking again. When it stopped, everyone had begun laughing. They seemed to enjoy the time-travelling process now. "Well," The Doctor said, "right out there is who you need to see if indeed you mixed up your genders. Hard to believe that's how this all started out, huh?"

Bubble Berry spoke, "Before we part ways, I want to throw a party for you! I always throw a party for my friends! I mean what kind of friend would I be if I didn't! There's be balloons, cake, cherry-chongas, chimi-cherrys, cupcakes, did I mention cakes? Oh and- KFDGHKSDGKJGJ!"

Applejack stuffed his hoof into Berry's mouth and laughed. "And here I was, worried that I wasn't goin' to have to do that again. But, Doctor, he has a point. Will ya come?"

"Oh no. Don't like sticking around in one place too long. I'm a traveler. I like being alone." The Doctor refuted.

"I don't think you do." Duskshine interrupted. "After nearly nine hundred years of traveling, I think you're lonely. You need a friend. Don't you have a companion? Someone to travel with? What about that Donna person you mentioned?"

The Doctor sighed. "I can't travel with anyone... I can't because they will all eventually DIE! I'm sick of death because it follows me wherever I go! And Donna... If she remember's me... she will die as well... That is why I have to travel alone."

Butterscotch squeaked. "We're you're friends! And we're not dead! Please have a party with us! You sound like you really need it!"

The Doctor looked to each colt's pleading eyes until he finally conceded. "Maybe I will. And maybe you all will. Just not like this."

The Doctor doubled over in pain. Duskshine reached out and said with worry in his voice. "Doctor? What do you mean? What's wrong?"

"GET BACK!" The Doctor yelled. Duskshine jumped back. The Timelord continued. "That magic bolt Discord shot me with really was supposed to kill me. But remember that trick? The one Timelords use to cheat death?"

"Regeneration..." Rainbow Blitz breathed.

"Yes." The Doctor replied. "I am going to live... but it means I'm going to change. And it means I'm not going to see any of you again. Well, not like this anyway. And before I go-"

"Don't say that!" Duskshine objected.

"Duskshine," The Doctor rebutted, "before I go, I want to say that you all were fantastic! Absolutely fanstastic! And you know what?" He smiled. "So was I."

He exploded in a golden light and his features changed. The colts had to cover their eyes. It was too dazzling for them.

When the light faded, the Doctor examined himself, seeing that he was humanoid again. "Ah, legs! Beautiful! Toes, fingers, lots of fingers, a nose, eyes, two of them, chin... I've had worse. Hair! What's this? Am I a girl?" His voice cracked. "NO. No, not a girl... AND STILL NOT GINGER! ...Now, about that party."

"YAY!" Berry yelled. "Party time!" He bounced out of the TARDIS followed by the five other colts. Duskshine was the last out, but as he was leaving he spoke. "Hey, you said the person I need to talk to to fix us is right out there, right?"

"Yep." The Doctor smiled. "And Duskshine,"

Duskshine turned to face him. "Yeah?"

The Doctor replied. "I'm proud of you. You could have killed him, but you didn't."

It was Duskshine's turn to smile. "Thank you. A wise colt once told me that there's always another way."

They both smiled as Duskshine walked out. After he did so, Duskshine found that he was in the presence of Celestia, who was staring out the window.

The princess spoke. "Hello Duskshine, or should I say Twilight Sparkle."

"You know?" He asked.

Celestia responded. "I pieced together the last piece of information when that blue box just now appeared. I started my assumptions when you and your friends disappeared three days ago. I know what must have happened. You used a magic spell that mixed with a flux in the time vortex, sending you to a dimension where you all became colts."

"So, can you fix us?" Duskshine asked.

Celestia frowned. "That may be a problem. Instead of using magic to get back, you traveled by that blue box. If you had used magic, you would have been changed instantly when returning. But you did not. It will not be easy, and it WILL take much time, but we will change you back. And one more thing. I forgive you for killing Luna."

Duskshine shuddered. "...You know that too?"

The monarch nodded. "Yes. But you had to stop Nightmare Moon once and for all. I can't help wondering if sending her to the moon on that day was the right choice..."

Duskshine consoled her. "You had to! Or she definitely would've died!"

Celestia sighed. "I can remember times when we were just fillies that I would be in my room, and Luna would be waiting there for me as well. Now, it makes me wonder... The older I get, will I come to terms with what I had to do? I see now that it has been far to long for the moments that we missed. Maybe I will get over it, but I never thought..." She paused as a tear ran down her cheek. "I never thought that it would still hurt like this..."

"You really did care for Luna, didn't you?" Duskshine asked.

"Yes." Celestia responded. "Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack,"

The three colts walked over from the side of the room and answered in unison, "Yes princess?"

"You three have younger sisters." Celestia started. "Give them all the love that you possibly can, because you never know how long you have them, and your sisters can be your best friends in the entire world."

"Yes, Princess." Elusive said.

"Of course!" Applejack exclaimed.

"But," Rainbow Blitz questioned, "I don't have a sister."

Celestia replied, "Maybe not by blood, but there is one filly who looks up to you as a sister."

"Who would that be-" He gasped. "Scootaloo..." Celestia nodded as Blitz smiled and stated. "I won't let you down, Princess!"

"How's that party coming along?" The Doctor said from the TARDIS entrance. "I'm dreadfully hungry!"

Duskshine smiled. "Well, come on then if you want a party! You crazy time-traveling alien!"

"Will there be fish fingers and custard?" The Doctor asked. "Oh! And dancing! I do love to dance!"

Duskshine walked towards the TARDIS and spoke. "Hmm. Never heard of that before. But I quite certain there will be dancing!"



THE END

Author's Note:

Let's see, one or two things in here that I don't own. But I don't remember anything aside from the Skillet lyrics. And Doctor Who. I don't own Doctor Who. Oh, and Angel Beats. Thanks to user RD-rainbow_dash for catching that for me.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 13 )

You forgot the Angel Beats reference.

2650916 I told you I and forgotten about things! Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to fix that now.

It was a very good and enlightening story.

Ha very nice ... Im working on a doctor whooves too with vinyl and octavia .... You also had the same idea i had exept instead of leaveing donna i have where he just left rose the first time before donna

That was rather interesting. :twilightsmile:

4770066 I mean, I never usually dabble in gender-bent things. Just kinda made it up on the spot. I thought I used rather nice words for names.

6550732 Dude, I don't remember. This was a few years back, so your guess is as good as mine.

media3.giphy.com/media/JgUp4jT75F0Q0/giphy.gif

Login or register to comment