• Published 17th May 2013
  • 2,307 Views, 25 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Future - scorpclawFF



AppleDash. Applejack realizes that she has a small crush on Rainbow Dash. Will Rainbow Dash return her feelings?

  • ...
7
 25
 2,307

Epilogue

Rainbow Dash’s Future
Epilogue

It didn't take long for the remainder of the Mane 6 to find out about Applejack's and Rainbow Dash's new relationship. Rainbow Dash went to visit everypony with Applejack, and she let them know that she didn't end up in the Wonderbolts. Although everypony was sad for her at first, Rainbow Dash let everypony know about their relationship.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie showed a great deal of excitement for the two mares. Pinkie constantly insisted that she throw a pony for the two of them, but she finally left them alone after Applejack turned her down for the 20th time. She thought that a party would be too much just for two ponies getting into a relationship, though she did remember that Pinkie Pie throws a party for just about every reason. Fluttershy was happy that Applejack actually grew the courage to show her feelings for Rainbow Dash, though she was still upset for Rainbow Dash since she didn't become a Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash told her not to worry about it.

Twilight wasn't actually too surprised that the two ended up together. Although she didn't see the signs like some others have (mainly attributing to her obliviousness), she still thought that the two made a great couple. Rarity felt a similar happiness towards the new couple.

After the entire Mane 6 found out about the relationship, the entire town inadvertently found about it as well. Since all of them knew Rainbow Dash and Applejack very well and hold them in high regards for many different reasons, they were all just as excited for Ponyville's newest couple. It was a welcoming that the two could only hope for.

A couple of days later, the six friends were having lunch at the Ponyville Cafe. They were joking and laughing and having a good time. It was almost as if nothing changed for the pack of friends, except for the obvious change with Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Lunch was nearing its end and Rarity and Fluttershy have already excused themselves to go get a few things done back at home. Rainbow Dash waved to the two mares as they left and said, "I should probably go, too. I have some stuff that I still have at the Wonderbolt Academy. I would also like to say goodbye to some of friends there, also."

Applejack smiled. "Alright, sugarcube. Are you still coming to Sweet Apple Acres for dinner?"

Rainbow Dash kissed Applejack briefly on the lips. "Of course. I'll be back in plenty of time for that." Applejack blushed.

Twilight smiled at the lovely gesture. "Hey Rainbow Dash. Is it alright if I go with you to the Academy? I have a letter from Princess Celestia to give to Spitfire."

"I can just give it to her, Twilight."

"I should probably give it to her personally. It's royal stuff, and Princess Celestia entrusted me with it."

"Alright. Just don't slow me down too much."

"Great," Twilight exclaimed with a smile. "I already reserved a balloon for myself."

"Alright. I'll meet you in the town center in about five minutes then."

Five minutes later, Twilight took off from the ground and began to follow Rainbow Dash. The Wonderbolt Academy wasn't too far from Ponyville, so it was only a ten minute balloon ride to get there. Twilight landed the balloon and she and Rainbow Dash parted ways.

Twilight headed into the main offices and found a door with a gold plaque on it that had the name 'Spitfire' etched into it. Twilight gently knocked on the door and heard someone say "Come in" in from the other side. Twilight opened the door and shut it behind herself.

"Hi, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I'm Princess Celestia's student and protégée."

Spitfire looked up from what she was doing and smiled. She got up from her chair and raised a hoof to Twilight, who delightfully shook it. "I recognize you from the Gala among a lot of other things. It's nice to meet the princess' student."

"It's nothing, Spitfire. The princess has asked me to give you a letter concerning some event for the Wonderbolts." Twilight gave Spitfire the letter. Spitfire took it and gently put it on the desk. Twilight eyed the letter. "Aren't you going to read it?"

"I can read it later. I already basically know what it's about, anyways. There is an important matter that I would actually like to discuss with you."

"What would that be," Twilight inquired.

"You're a good friend of Rainbow Dash's. Would you know why she would just quit when I was just about to give her acceptance into the Wonderbolts?"

"What do you mean quit? Rainbow Dash told me that she was rejected."

"I don't know what in the hay you're talking about. She walked into my office to get the results of her test and told me that she was quitting."

"But she had a letter to prove it, and it had too many official words for Rainbow Dash to have been able to write on her own."

Spitfire flatly looked at Twilight and thought about the letter. "Hang on a moment." Spitfire opened a drawer in her desk and took a piece of paper from her desk and held it up to Twilight. "Is this the letter that she showed you?"

Twilight read the first sentence and nodded her head. "Yeah, that's the one."

"I was filling them out when Rainbow Dash came in. She must've snatched one when I wasn't looking. That's not like her, though. Why would she be this dedicated to joining us since she was a filly and just quit like that?"

Twilight thought about it for a second, though she didn't have to think too hard. The minute that Rainbow Dash told all of the ponies that she was "rejected" from the Wonderbolts, she was in a relationship with Applejack. That's the only thing that made any logical sense. "I wouldn't know. I should go talk some sense into her." Twilight's words were dry, because she didn't want to interfere with such a happy relationship.

"Don't even bother. If she's going to quit on us, then I don't want her on my team."

"So does that mean she can never become a Wonderbolt."

"Not while I'm around, she's not." Spitfire sat back down at her desk and gave Twilight a semi-serious look. "Thank you for the letter, Twilight Sparkle. Is there anything else that you're here for, or are we done?"

Twilight didn't hesitate when saying, "We're done." Twilight let herself out of the office and headed back to the balloon. She waited another few moments for Rainbow Dash to return with her stuff. "Are we set to go?"

Twilight nodded, still kind of shocked of what she just learned moments ago. "Yeah, let's go." Rainbow Dash stepped onto the balloon and they took off for Ponyville.

"I'm going to miss those guys. They're the only ponies that can even relatively keep up with me."

"Yeah," Twilight said nearly inaudibly. "Rainbow Dash, do you like Applejack?"

Rainbow Dash gave Twilight a strange look. "Where the heck did that come from? Of course I like Applejack. I probably would've stayed much longer if I didn't have Applejack waiting for me at home."

"Do you like her more than, say, the Wonderbolts?"

Rainbow Dash surprisingly didn't hesitate too much when she said, "Yes, I like her more than the Wonderbolts."

Twilight couldn't help but smile. It was such a nice feeling to see that Rainbow Dash was actually happy, even though she gave up on the one thing that she loved for several years. "That's good. I'm happy for the two of you."

"Thanks, Twilight."

The balloon slowly went into the edges of Ponyville. As they landed, Applejack was there waiting for Rainbow Dash. She ran over into Applejack's hooves and they shared another kiss.

Love can be one of life's many trade-offs. You can't have it without giving something up. Though, once you have it, it's worth more than anything in the world.

Friendship is magic.

Love is magic.

This is Applejack's and Rainbow Dash's new and official future

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed my first MLP fanfiction. Please comment on anything good (or bad) that you've noticed. I want to write many more of these and I want each one to be better than the last.
Otherwise, happy reading.

Comments ( 9 )

Rainbow isn't male. :rainbowderp:

"You're a good friend of Rainbow Dash's. Would you know why he would just quit when I was just about to give him acceptance into the Wonderbolts?"

and he let them know that he didn't end up in the Wonderbolts.

2717840 Oh my goodness. >.> Most of my characters in my stories tend to be male, so I keep saying he instead of she, especially on Rainbow Dash... Thanks for telling me. :twilightblush:

Just one piece of friendly advice: pick a tense and stick with it. You flip between tenses in mid-sentence in a few places.

2720314 Thanks for the advice. Tenses tend to be my weak spot and they sometimes get a little crazy.

To cute! I could never think of another reason fo Rainbow to quit!!! Amazing job.:rainbowdetermined2:

Hard to imagine that was your first story. It seemed to be written by someone with experience. Great story.

2855255 It's only my first MLP story. I've done other fanfiction before. But thanks for the nice comment anyways. :twilightsmile:

2855267 Oh I guess I didn't catch that. Nevertheless great work.

good job i thought it was good :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment