• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 801 Views, 9 Comments

From Equestria to Dust - Tresviri



Twilight and her friends find them selves in an unfamiliar desert with an imessly powerful (as well as massive) serpent... Uh oh.

  • ...
1
 9
 801

Chapter 9: Then the light

hapter 9
Then the light

"Come on girls we got to keep moving." Twilight galloped ahead with impressive vigor.

"Were coming!" Rarity shouted back, not to far behind this time.

They galloped on with haste, not paying mind to anything. Not the noises behind them or the carvings in the walls. They just kept moving away from the hostiles.

Eventually Applejack collapsed gasping for breath with Fluttershy on her back. Applejack didn't stop because she was exhausted, but she defiantly was, but because there was nowhere left to run. After the left turn they were forced to take,because of a cave in on the right, they found themselves climbing to a dead end.

"Oh no, Oh no, Oh no!" Twilight chanted as she paced.

"Where do we go from here?" Rainbow inquired, sunning a hoof over the stone slab that obstructed their path.
"I don't know." Twilight admitted with a sigh.

"Hmm ma wha..." Fluttershy mumbled returning to the state of consciousness.

"Oh, well lookie' who's awake." Applejack joked.

Fluttershy blinked a few times, trying to get her bearings. "What happened?"

"I'll give you the short version." Rainbow offered, taking in a big breath of air. "The one that was glaring at Kali tried to kill you but he stopped him. After that he told us to take you and run away."

"What about Dust?" Fluttershy asked, remembering the immense pain we was in. "You all just left him?"

"Dear there was nothing we could do..." Rarity bit her lip.

"B-But... He was our friend."

"We know Fluttershy...." Twilight replied feeling bitter about the whole situation. "But we need to focus on finding a way out."
"I agree with Twilight but..." Rarity looked at the smooth stone in front of them. "How?"


Kali incapacitated the last guard with little difficulty, leaving only him, the chieftain and a handful of women observers.
The chieftain snarled and leaped at him, staff in hand. He brought it down upon Kali head, who easily evaded the blow by stepping to the side. He then grabbed the staff with one hand and palmed his elbow with the other. The man gasped at the pain and relinquished the staff. Kali, having seized the weapon, spun it around his back and swiped one of his legs off balance. The chieftain fell to the once again but with Kali pressing the wooden bar against his throat.

"Enough!" Kali demanded, pressing the wood hard. "You are disgracing The Breath of God."

"Disgracing?" He laughed. "I am saving him!" He chocked when Kali pressed the bar harder. "Can't you see the state our god is in?!"

"They wouldn't do this." Kali growled after glancing back at The Breath of God.

Dust had long since been covered in a golden mist, effectively blocking all view of him. All the pain he felt had gone and was replace with a feeling of relief. His mind felt clear as water and his body as real as the stone floor.

Strange... He thought. What has happened to me.

For the first since he passed out, he opened his eyes.


"Twilight!" Rainbow called from the stone wall. "I hear voices outside!"

Twilight ears twitched. "Really!"

"Ya, come hear for yourself."

Twilight, as well as the rest of her friends, pressed their ears against the wall. The sounds were faint and distorted, but were certainly there.

...We... Hurry. A faint voice murmured."Won't... Long"

"I... Luna"

Twilight's eyes widened. "Princess Luna!" She shouted.

Everypony recoiled from the stone wall with excitement on their faces. The prospect of being back home so soon was the best news all day.

"Princess Luna!" They cheered, knocking their hooves on the stone.

Their loud pounding on the stone was heard on the other side, shocking the day guard and Luna.

"There they are!" She shouted in the Royal Canterlot voice.

The voice was heard on the other side, bringing large smiles to the ponies faces.

"Where saved!" Rarity cheered

"Yay!" Pinkie joined in.

They were so happy they did not notice the men with spears casually walking towards them. Well except for Pinkie that is.

"Hey the guards are back! Wana join us?"

Twilight and the others froze. The men just gave each other a shrug when The pink pony spoke and went right for Twilight. Rainbow and Applejack jumped in front of her in defensive stances.

"Get back!" Rainbow demanded, boxing the air again.

One of the men rubbed the back of his neck and averted his eyes, while the other tugged a rope bringing another man into the light of Pinkie's torch.

The group gasped again at the man before them. The tied up chieftain growled when he saw the six but remained on his knees.

"We apologize for being swayed so easily." The two men restraining him bowed.

"Twilight what's going on?" Rarity asked for the translation.

"They're apologizing." She responded."What about Kali and The Breath of God?"

One man nervously rubbed the back of his neck again. "They are fine, but... Something happened."

"It is hard to explain." The other added. "Would be easier to show... What are you all cheering about?"

"Dust is OK everypony." Twilight informed, rousing another burst of cheering. "Just beyond that door is our home." She explained.

"A world of abominations." The bound man snorted. "Your foolishness has cost us everything Kali."

One man nudged a bruised, making him hiss. "Quiet you."

Twilight frowned at the bitter man. Never had she seen a living begin with so much hate inside them. Maybe when he's in Equestria he will change. Twilight reassured herself.

Several moments past for Twilight as she mingled with her friends about home. Applejack and Rarity spoke fondly of their little sisters and what a joy it would be to see them again. Pinkie was still planning the "Welcome to Ponyville Mask people and Dust!" while Fluttershy whispered suggestions. Twilight herself was getting all the info she had gathered in line, to present her findings to the princess. Rainbow remained relaxed but eager to return to familiar skies.

A low grumble from the slab sounded as it pulled down into the floor, by an invisible force. The holy light of the outside world poured into the dark chamber. Everyone in the room had to shield their eyes for protection.

"Freedom!" Pinkie shouted rushing out into the glorious light.

Following Pinkie, The other elements flowed out into equestria. Never had they been so happy to see Celestia's golden sun, or the faces of the cheering guards.

"Twilight!" Called out a motherly tone.

Twilight, recognizing the voice, beamed with happiness. "Princess!" She called back to her mentor, trotting over with her dark sister.

"We are glad to see tho art not harmed." Luna said smiling at her.

"Princess Luna, Princess Celestia." Twilight bowed trying to quell her excitement, but failed miserably. "You'll never believe what we found down there!"

"Perhaps that can wait." Celestia scolded her faithful student. "Surly you must be hungry."

Twilight shook her head quickly. "No I've had a full meal."

"Twilight," Celestia frowned. "Sarcasm is a unbecoming trait of a mare."

Twilight gasped in shock. "No it's the truth!" She pleaded. "It has to do with what we found down there."

"And what exactly did tho find?" Luna jumped in.

"Halt!" Shouted a guard in the distance. "Stay where you are monsters!"

"Oh no..." Twilight face hoofed.

Celestia and Luna turned their attention to the shouts. What they saw made their jaws drop. Almost a dozen black skinned bipedal creatures wearing masks and wielding spears. They stood at the mouth of the cave staring blankly at the guards. Unable to understand the guards speech the closest man began walking to Rarity and the others to resume his duties.

"Don't stop him!" Commanded Rarity.

The guards looked perplexed but watch with unease as the group casually walked over to them.

"Twilight what's going on?" Celestia whispered. "What are those things?"

"Celestia, a lot has happened in such a short time." She explained. "All I can tell you right now is that there is a whole new world down there. If you want more answers we should find Dust."

"Dust?" Luna asked. "What a strange name."

Twilight laughed. "His name is not the strangest thing about him. And you should know that these creature call him 'The Breath of God.'

"Really?" Celestia asked in disbelief.

"Yes, now where is that being of great power?" She giggled looking through the crowed of masked men.

"He's right here." Declared a unfamiliar voice of authority.

Everypony's eyes were drawn to the source of the voice. All the jaws dropped to the sand covered floor for the second time that day.

"D-Dust?" Twilight nervously asked, unable to comprehend the being that stood before them. "Is that you?"

"The one and only." Smiled the dirty gold coated... Alicorn.

Author's Note:

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen that was the last chapter. I know this was a short one but in truth i had all this written out about a month ago. It was my final project for writing class and because of it I scored a 98!

If you are unhappy with it then I am sorry. However I would like to inform you all that this is a prologue. Keep your eyes open for "From Dust to Equestria"!

Comments ( 5 )

WHAT.MOAR.

i saw it comeing really the alicorn thing.
I kinda wanted him to stay a snake at least for a while longer.
but maybe thats just me

2849828

I agree with you. Making Dust an alicorn was not what i wanted to see too. I liked snake form, it symbolized how Dust was a supernatural being.

I also think they returned to equestria too soon. I mean there was much to do in dust universe. Ponies didn't see Dust working his magic on other elements like lavas and alike. They never saw new animal species or how creative Dust could get with his power. And i think The land mechanics could be incororated better.

Still good work, one i enjoyed reading.

2849828>>3546834 I understand and agree with both of you completely. But I hope you can all understand that this was a project for school with a deadline. I had to write this and finish it over the coarse of a month along with the studding for my looming exams. However I would have liked to make this longer I simply had no time. I apologized and hope that the idea that I am thinking of re-writing the story appeases you.(Maybe even a sequel :twilightsmile:)

3547086

I understand. Count me as appeased.

Login or register to comment