• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 802 Views, 9 Comments

From Equestria to Dust - Tresviri



Twilight and her friends find them selves in an unfamiliar desert with an imessly powerful (as well as massive) serpent... Uh oh.

  • ...
1
 9
 802

Chapter 6: On The Home Fronts

Chapter 6
On the home Fronts

It was another perfect day of sunshine in Equestria. The warm rays of light rained down upon the residences of Ponyville brightening their day as well as their spirits. They casually went through the streets with smiles on their faces, the birds happily chirped, going about their daily routines, eating berries and tending to their nests. However unannounced to all of them an individual of high status was on the way.

This 'individual' received a most concerning message from Ponyville and was dispatched to help resolve the problem with hast. Celestia was at first hesitant to go to Ponyville when she received the letter. It was written by spike (She could tell from the spelling errors). However when Spike described how three fillies told him that Twilight and her friends were missing she understood the gravity of the situation. Especially when she read that they entered some ruin while the door shut behind them.

Meanwhile in Ponyville Spike was serving some tea to the fillies that had lost their sisters and role model. He set the tray down on a small table and handed each of them a steaming cup of jasmine.
"Thanks Spike." Sweetie Belle sniffled.

"No problem." He shrugged, not letting his eyes leave the distressed filly. Applebloom and Scotaloo were taking this surprisingly well so Sweetie Belle had his full attention.

"I can't believe she's gone." She sulked hanging her head.

"It's OK Sweetie Belle." Spike said giving her a reassuring smile. "Rarity is with the others. She will be fine."

"Ya Sweets!" Scotaloo chimed in. "She’s got the totally awesome Rainbow Dash to look after her!"

"That's Right!" Applebloom cheered. "She's got mah big sis ta look out for her'."

Scootaloo scoffed earning a glance from Applebloom. “Ya whatever. Rainbow could kick Applejack’s flank any day.”

“Could not!” Applebloom retaliated.

“Could too!” Scotaloo retorted.

Could not!”

“Could too!”

“Could not!” Applebloom Inhaled a large amount of precious air for what she was about to say. “Could not times infinity!”

“Awww darn it.” Scotaloo said, defeated and unable to counter such an effective argument.

After the argument, an awkward silence enveloped the library. The only sounds came from the Sweetie Belle as she nervously stirred in her seat. Spike looked to the door praying that the help he was waiting for would arrive. He waited hours with the small foals, only getting up to get more tea and other treats. Morning soon turned to evening which gave way to night. Celestia had not arrived. Spike looked to the trio of sleeping fillies on the coffee table with eyes burning with regret. He was under the strong influence of varies emotions that plagued his mind. Remorse, regret, anger and even a sense of detachment were eating at his sanity.

Spike viciously shook his head. “Twilight will be fine.” He reassured. “She is the most dependable unicorn I know…” Spike trailed off feeling his loneliness creep up on him. He jumped when he heard a knock on the door. “Who could that be at this hour?” He wobbled over to the door and opened it to reveal a large figure in a cloak.

“Ahhhh, we remember thee.” Spoke a refined female voice. “Thou art Spike.”

“Ummmm… Ya.” Spike said, unsure what to do with the pony in front of him. “Who are you?”

“The cloak of course…” She mumbled pulling down the hood. “It is I, Princess Luna.” Spike dived back in surprise allowing the azure alicorn free passage. She quickly cantered into the hollowed tree closing the door behind her. “Tia… Princess Celestia was too busy with the day court to come.” She explained to Spike. “However our night court in never busy, thus she has sent us to your aid.”

Spike nodded his head quickly and jogged over to the three sleeping children. He gently roused each of them from their dreams say “Princess Luna is here. It’s time to go.”

“Princess Luna!” Scotaloo cheered excited to see her again. She happily galloped up to her and gave her smile.
“Scotaloo,” She greeted not hiding her thrill to see the orange filly. “It is good to see you as well, but where did you see the elements disappear.”

“Alright right to business.” Spike nodded in appreciation. “Girls could you take us to the place?”

The crusaders did not even wait for Spike to finish before they were out the door. Luna noted the determination in their eyes. It was a surprise to see such children with them but not unpleasant. Spike and Luna quickly followed after them into the streets. The three children told Luna everything they saw at the place where they were trapped. They went on and on about the strange door way in the golden sand and how Twilight was so enthused about it, which Luna thought was very much like the young scholar. When they finally told her that the entrance slammed shut after a few minutes Luna found herself both concerned and intrigued. Such an ancient structure to still be standing and have functional magic or mechanisms was a great feat for its builders. However she was forced to throw her admiration of the construction with the reminder that six ponies were trapped inside, and the elements no less.

“That’s it down ther’.” Applebloom pointed.

With a flap of her wings Luna was directly in front of the sealed entrance. She could now see why Twilight was so interested in the structure. It was covered in marvelous carvings of some sort of glyphs that were new to her. She had to fight hard to resist the squeak of excitement to examine it with a scrutinizing eye.

Luna sighed walking closer and placing a hoof on the stone door. Her eyes widened in surprise at what she felt. Magic, and lots of it.


The village was bustling with activity with the arrival of ‘The Voices' God’, as they were being called. Kali led the six through the town keeping a close eye on nearby villages. He was unsure of what they would do to the six new (brightly) colored presences intruding on their village. He was already aware of the chieftains dislike for them and was planning ways he might be able to deal with him, should push comes to shove.

“Hey mister broken mask~” Called the ball of pink in a sing song voice.

Kali had already deduced that only the one who spoke their language was the lavender one, or Twilight as she introduced. He could not understand the pink one who had been pestering him since Twilight had introduced herself.

"Pinkie he can't understand you." Twilight explained for the fifth time. "Why do you keep talking to him?"

"Because he hasn't introduced himself yet, duh!" She explained like it was simple.

"But Pinks, Twi' Already told ya his name." Applejack reminded.

"Well ya... But I want to hear him say it!" She pouted.

"Pinkie it doesn't matter." Rainbow turned to Twilight. "Where is he taking us?"

"A while ago he said he was taking us to an empty tent, where we will be staying."

"Ohhhhhh no." Rarity piped up. "No no no. I am not staying in a tent."

"Well Rarity you are free to sleep outside." Rainbow chuckled flying ahead.

Rarity gasped at the suggestion and gave her a disgusted scowl. Rainbow recognized it as the face she puts on when she starts her 'spoiled princess rant'. Thankfully Kali brought the group to a halt catching their immediate attention.

[color]"Here." He gestured to a large cylinder tent with box like extensions protruding from the sides.

"He says this is the place." Twilight translated.

The elements looked to their new dwelling with mixed feelings. The structure was cover in a tough looking tarp but like all tents it was held up my nothing more then a flimsy wooden frame. When a large gust of wind came through the town the tent whined and tilted, not inspiring much confidence.

"Well... It's big." Applejack said nervously.

"It's unstable." Rarity countered.

"Ahh come on Rares" Applejack said trying to be optimistic. "It could be a lot worse."

"Come on Rarity toughen up." Rainbow prodded flying behind the flaps.

Kali starred in wonderment at Rainbow's ability to fly. [color]"Must feel good." Twilight looked Kali in the eye slots. [color]"Too fly." he elaborated bowing slightly.

"You're a curious fellow." She giggled and trotted in after Rainbow.

Inside was a sight to behold. Unlike the outside the interior was fit for royalty. The ground floor was covered with red tarps, all skillfully embroidered with yellow threads, forming into beautiful patterns of thrashing waves and blossoming flowers. The walls copied the pattern all the way to the ceiling. There was a large fire pit in the center that roared with warmth and dazzled with light.

"Oh... My... Goodness?" Rarity gasped at her surroundings.
"Well I was not expecting this." Twilight said gawking at the splendor of their tent with her friends.


"Well I wasn't expecting that." Luna sighed walking over to Spike.

"Princess Luna what's wrong?" He asked apprehensively

"Spike take a letter..." Upon hearing the words Spike reflexively reach behind his back and pulled out a quill, ink pot and a scroll, from seemingly nowhere, Luna gave the trained dragon a quick smile. Before continuing to list of what she required for reinforcements and supplies.