• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 802 Views, 9 Comments

From Equestria to Dust - Tresviri



Twilight and her friends find them selves in an unfamiliar desert with an imessly powerful (as well as massive) serpent... Uh oh.

  • ...
1
 9
 802

Chapter 3: To Dust

Chapter 3
To Dust

"Twi you think you -pant- could ask Celestia ta' turn down th' heat?" Applejack asked between wheezes.

"AJ, Spike's not here." She answered with an annoyed tone.

The desert had not been kind to the group of ponies. They had been walking for hours and the heat was starting to take its toll. Twilight was easily agitated as her mind and confidence grew weak. Pinkie’s mane had already deflated and she dragged her hooves through the sand. Fluttershy was even weaker than usual and was using Rainbow as a crutch. Even Applejack was showing signs of weakness despite being the strong work horse she was. Rarity had no energy to complain and simply dragged after the group. Even though they were all weakened by the sun's powerful rays they carried on, determined to get back home.

Even though Twilight was putting all her energy into getting her and her friends out of there, she could not help but ponder how this came to be. How did a cave so short take them to a desert? There are no deserts near Ponyville. The closest one would be the Badlands, and that is farther then Canterlot. Twilight was able to rule it down to the possibility of magic, but that is a broad topic at best. She still had no idea what kind of magic could take them so far without leaving a trace. The sound of Rarity finally collapsing was heard, she was unable to continue.

"Rarity!" Twilight called.

The group galloped over to their fallen friend.

"Rarity! You gotta stay with us!" Pleaded Rainbow.

"W-Why is there a g-glowing thing on that hill?" She slurred.

"This is not good, she's hallucinating. “Twilight gave her a concerned look. "We need to get her water or get her out of the sun."

"Twilight I don't know if you've noticed but were in a desert!" Rainbow shouted pointing all around them.

"Somepony, Anypony!" Fluttershy shouted with surprising volume. "HELP!"


(Why do I have to do all the work?) The snake god slowly slithered off after successfully establishing another village. He was taking a small break because this desert posed almost no threats to his followers. (Their inability to think for themselves is both infuriating and concerning.) He let out a long sigh. (I have to do everything for them... What will happen to them when I'm gone? Will they end up where they started again?) He of course received no answer. (I wish I had someone to talk too.)

The lonely god passed through some palms where a river used to flow and climbed the opposite hill. Thanks to his size he quickly reached the top despite his deliberately slow pace. On the other side was the first village the men formed in this desert. They seemed to be happy picking the fruit from nearby trees and bushes, or as happy as he could tell through their masks. He felt proud of them. They were a great source of frustration for him but he still loved them. He sauntered away over another hill not wanting to distract them.

(At least their hap... The fuck are those?) The god reared up and leaned forward. He saw six little specks of color in the distance. (Well five now. One fell over... Wait a minute.)

The god watched the blips move over to the felled one. He was not sure but he believed them to be some strange creatures he'd never seen before. He was very interested but if they were just animals then he would not take time out of his break to examine them. The last thing he wanted was another fruitless waste of time...

"HELP!" Cried a voice from their exact location.

(Well that's all I need!) He took off with lightning speed. It only took him a few seconds to reach them and begin circling them like they were one of the pillars. They all squeaked in alarm and formed a defensive circle around the white one on the sand. The god continued to circle with his interest peaked.

"Twi what is that?" Whispered Applejack.

"I don't know AJ!" She snapped quietly. "I've never seen anything like it."

The god then raised itself of the ground showing its superior size. The ponies' eyes widened in a mixture of fear and awe. They heard a strong vacuum like sound and watched as hundreds of tons of sand gather over its head. He sank into the ground as a pit formed below him.

"Girls I'm awesome but I don't think we can fight that." Rainbow gulped.

She was right. The creature was as tall as an Ursa Minor but very thin. It could easily drown them in the massive amount of sand that levitated above it. However much to their confusion it moved to the side and set all the sand down. Before they could say a word it zipped off into the distance.

"Whoa it's fast!" Exclaimed Rainbow. "If I wasn't dying I'd totally race it."

"Rainbow we've got bigger problems!" Applejack shouted pointing a hoof to Rarity. "An' what if it comes ba-"

Applejack was cut off by the abrupt appearance of the glowing snake. She and the others made a defensive wall between Rarity and the supernatural serpent.

"What's that clear stuff it's holding now?" Asked Rainbow.

"It looks an awful lot like..."Twilight stopped and watched the god drop what he was holding in the hole it had dug. The clear liquid splashed and swished back and forth until it settled. The groups pupils enlarged as they realized what the snake had given them.

"Water!" They exclaimed rousing Rarity to become conscious.

Rarity scrambled to her hooves and they all galloped to the life preserving liquid. They seemed to almost forget the serpent, but he did not mind. He was too interested in the talking quadrupeds to care about his title of "God".

Pinkie was first to reach the heavenly water and plunge her entire head in. Large quantities of the fluid moved down her throat every time she gulped. She remained submerged for a good thirty seconds before returning to the surface gasping to air.

"Oh here it comes." She said feeling her legs shake. As if on cue her mane inflated and resumed its natural bubble gum look."Like a boss!" She giggled.

The snake continued to observe the intriguing figures as they drank, socializing a little, and performed other acts. After they were satisfied they returned their attention to the god again.

(Well aren't you all interesting.) Spoke the deep voice of the snake.

"You can talk!" Twilight Shouted in surprise.

The god brought his head close to her causing her to flinch. (You can understand me?) Twilight nodded rapidly (Oh joy among joys! Something too finally hear my voice!) The god jiggled with excitement. (Come follow me. Let's get you out of this sun.) He slowly started slithering in the direction he came from beckoning them with his tail.

"Twi what should we do?" Applejack asked glancing at the creature.

"I think we should follow him." She suggested. "He seems friendly enough."

"Ya'r right he did give us water." She recalled looking to the large pond. "But he' sounds like he nevar' seen a pony before."
"That is suspicious." Twilight agreed. "But if he brought us water so quickly, he is likely bringing us to a larger supply nearby. There might even be food."

"I think we should go. He has been quite the gentle colt thus far." Rarity added.

"Then is it decided?" Rainbow asked. "Are we following this guy?"

They all gave a collective nod and look toward the glowing snake. He was looking back at them a little distance away.
(You coming or not?) He asked a little disappointed.

"Ya were coming!" Called out Twilight. "Come on girls let's go"

"Okie dokie lokie." Chimed Pinkie as they followed the snakes curving path.