• Published 11th May 2013
  • 764 Views, 6 Comments

The Roman Pony - Silver_Wolf



Discord... The god of chaos! You might have seen him as the idiot with large quantities of power, but now he's the ruthless idiot with large quantities of power!

  • ...
4
 6
 764

Epilogue

I was so confused, but then I remembered how Twilight had became a human when she came to Earth... So this left me with one conclusion, a wide grin spread across my face.

“I’M IN EQUESTRIA!” I shouted with glee. The moment I shouted that, I heard a roar. I looked behind me, there was a gigantic creature... It was a transparent blue with stars coded on its body, it almost looked like a bear!

It roared again, my hooves were shaking. I began running... Running as fast as I could right under the large creature. I ran in the dead grass past all the trees, I was just as fast here as here as I was on Earth.

I was exhausted after running half a mile, I was forced to stop at a cliff. I looked behind me, I could still hear the roaring, after just a minute or two, the gigantic creature tore down the trees in his path jumping right behind me roaring in my face. I swallowed hard.

“Please tell me my wings will work...” I muttered, jumping off the cliff. I focussed hard on the new muscles in my back, then, I ignited into the air. My heart raced, I WAS FLYING! Before I had a chance to scream with glee over my new found ability, I heard a screech of fear. Twilight.

I darted off in the air, I flapped my wings as fast as possible. There I saw it... Ponyville. I tried landing on the ground, but failed and began tumbling. I heard the screech again. Before I had a chance to look around, I began running again. I didn’t know if I had enough time to get my wings started up again, and I didn’t want to take the chance.

I ran on the checkerboard path all of the homes and businesses, everything was multicolored like a rainbow. The past was twisting and binding as I ran.

There I saw the creature from before, Discord. I knew the screams had to have been coming from Twilight, but... I was wrong.


There were six metal chains connected to a building, attached to them were six ponies. I realised who was screaming now, it was some white unicorn with purple curled hair. She was standing next to a purple unicorn in horror! Her hair was white and short, but her tail was flat and dark purple...

There was a pink pony with a pink curly mane and tail. Another one had rainbow hair and was blue. Another was yellow, it had light pink long hair. The last being orange with a blonde mane like my own.

“WOULD YOU GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!?” The purple unicorn shouted.

“But Twilight! You’re glorious mane is RUINED!” She cried out.

“You know, I thought it looked really good...” I said smirking. All the ponies looked over to me. Twilight grinned wide.

“MAXIMUS!” She cried out with glee. Discord looked down at me, I ran over to Twilight grinning.

“You have the Elements of Harmony RIGHT!?” She asked quickly. I bit my lip.

“I... Kind of... Broke them...” I said grinning nervously.

“What!?” The white one cried out.

“Well I was kind of angry, and I accidently smashed my fist onto the tiara thing, the shards got stuck in my hand, and then I broke the rest to make a portal here!” I said grinning nervously.

“All not cool...” The blue one said pressing her hoof against her face.

“Enjoying the reunion?” I turned around to face Discord, he was grinning.

“I’m just curious... How exactly did you get over the cliff?” Discord asked me.

“Easy...” I replied smirking, my wings spreading. All the ponies gasped.

“MAXIMUS DON’T LET HIM TOUCH YOU! HE WILL MAKE YOUR WINGS USELESS!” Twilight cried out. Discord laughed more...

“Now why would I do that? What’s ONE little pegasus going to do?” He said grinning.

I looked behind me, I took a deep inhale taking a step forward, though I knew I stood no chance against this monster, I was ready to pounce and put every last drop of blood I had into this fight. But when I took another step, I felt a stabbing pain.

I looked at my hoof, the shards I had taken from all the necklaces and the crown shards were all stuck in my hoof.

“Go ahead... Take your best shot...” Discord said coming down to my height, lifting his chin up grinning. I pulled back my hoof, and smashed it into his chin. He gasped, his chin turned to stone. Nothing else did though, just his chin... He backed away stumbling.

The shards caused more pain and agony in my hoof. My eye twitched, but I rushed at Discord again, and smashed my hoof into one of his legs, it turned to stone just like his chin, nothing more, nothing less.

The ponies cheered, but this just infuriated Discord, he smashed his lions fist into my face, I flew back smashing into the glass of a building... I stood up trembling, my body bleeding, glass shards stuck all in my body.

“HEY YOU CAN’T DO THAT!” The pink pony shouted as I climbed out of the buildings window.

“And why not?” Discord asked.

“Because you meany! What fun is beating him if you KNOW you’re going to lose!” She shouted back. He rolled his eyes.

“Is that a challenge!” He said pointing his claw to her chin.

“It’s not a challenge if you’re going to lose! Especially with the Elements of Harmony on his side!” She said pressing her nose up against his grinning. He pulled away.

“Fine! I’ll PROVE to you I’ll beat him! In fact, we’ll make a show of it!”

He snapped his claws, the stone on his body shattered, his body back to it’s normal state. In an instant, we were all in an arena... Well, I was at least. I looked around, this looked just like the Roman colosseum! Ponies all in the stands, chained up watching.
Me and Discord both stood on the opposite sides of the arena.

Discord held out his claw, a short sword appeared. He grinned, looking me in the eyes. I had no weapon, he ran at me, the sword rushed at me, and stabbed me in the back, somehow he missed my spine, but his my kidney...

I wasn’t dead yet, though it hurt with an immense pain, he pulled out the bloody dagger.

“Your move...” He said grinning.

I looked at my hoof, the shards still stuck in it. I looked back up to Discord. I felt like just laying down and dying... And that’s just what I planned on doing, I sat down, just... Waiting... Waiting to die... Then, I heard a shout.

“MAXIMUS! DON’T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO IT!” I looked over, at the front of the row, was Twilight, sitting next to a large, white alicorn who had flowing rainbow hair and tail.

I knew they started talking to each other, I was watching as Twilight whispered to her, then the alicorn took a deep inhale.

“DON’T YOU DARE GIVE UP ROMAN SOLDIER!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, her voice strong and powerful. Then, I remembered my heritage. I came from the Roman era, my ancestors were Cleopatra and Julius Caesar himself, I came from royalty!
The only class I ever stayed in school for was history, I stopped listening after she stopped talking about Rome, I remembered exactly what happened to the original Maximus, he died in a fight against the emperor of Rome, but he took him down with him. And that’s exactly what I planned to do!

The entire cloud of ponies began chanting my name. I stood back up, they cheered continuing to chant my name.

I started running, running as fast I could... I wasn’t even close to as fast as I previously was due to the damage I had taken. I was just a foot away from Discord, he gasped, he could see the determination in my eyes, I jumped into the air with the help of my wings, and smashed my hoof into Discords face, I put every last ounce of energy I had into that single attack, and he knew it. His body started glowing, in a flash, there stood a stone statue...

I began stumbling as I walked away, the ponies cheered, I slightly smiled, then hit the ground, coughing up blood.

And that’s my story.

Author's Note:

I liked this ending, but I felt it could be better. I didn't want to just delete this work, so I decided just to keep it as an epilogue.

Comments ( 1 )

2561254

I would have to say more along the shy side...

Login or register to comment