• Published 11th May 2013
  • 764 Views, 6 Comments

The Roman Pony - Silver_Wolf



Discord... The god of chaos! You might have seen him as the idiot with large quantities of power, but now he's the ruthless idiot with large quantities of power!

  • ...
4
 6
 764

Chapter 1

I looked around my room quickly, not much to be seen. A couple posters, a shopping cart that I planned on riding off my garages roof, the oil stained stone floor, and my laptop sitting on my marble coffee table, my dresser of clothes, my book bag laying under my black leather couch that I couldn’t exactly see... And of course, my homework in my lap.

I looked back down to my algebra homework.

“I can do this...” I said to myself. My voice being rough and between a full grown mans and a small boys.

I grabbed the mechanical pencil sitting on top of my homework. I wonder if all pencils are blue... No that’s stupid. What size led does this pencil have? Wait is that a bug? No that’s just a- . I shook the thoughts away biting my lip.

“Right... Homework...” I muttered.

It was a few simple questions, but I still couldn’t bring myself to concentrate on it! I had hardly managed to get my name down on the paper, and I didn’t even get my last name down with it... Right as I was about to write down on the paper, having sat there clearing my mind enough to the point that I could think of math, there was a knock at my door.

I sighed, setting the paper and pencil onto the coffee table from my lap, I walked to the door unlocking it. I lived out in the garage, my parents thought that if I would isolate myself I might be able to think straight, but that was okay, I hated socializing anyway.

My mother opened the door, she had curly long brown hair that reached down to her elbows. Her skin was the color of the classic Indian, though she acted nothing like her heritage, and I looked nothing like her. I had white pale skin, my eyes being gray, hers being emerald green. My hair being blonde, her hair like stated, brown. Plus, even though I was only 13, I was 5’7, she was only 5'0.

“Maximus, I need you to take your Melatonin.” She said handing me a small purple pill. My father gave me that name because of his love for ancient Rome, and our heritage.

I sighed, my overactive mind made it almost impossible for me to sleep so I had to take sleeping pills. I popped the pill and swallowed it whole.

I was passed out in just an hour. I awoke to the sounds of birds tweeting birds and the sunlight peering in through the keyhole hitting me directly in my eye. Later on in life it actually gave me a lazy eye because I never remembered to move my couch or at the very least sleep on the opposite side.

I quickly grabbed a pair of light blue jeans and a green T shirt, I really didn’t care that it didn’t match, and still don’t. I put on my black sandals and grabbed the book bag from under the couch.

I ran out the door, jumping over the fence and jogged to school. I wasn’t a very good long distance runner, but if you wanted a race in short distance speed, you had practically lost already. I was only a street away from my school and began sprinting. I was ten minutes late, I tossed all my stuff in my locker grabbing nothing but a notebook and pencil then ran into my class.

The teacher was pretty lazy, she didn’t take attendance until the end of class, so she wouldn’t consider me late. I sat down at the two person desk next to my friend Andrew.

He was a short guy, his hair only going down to his shoulders while mine touched my elbows, his hair brown, he had a few scars on his face from bike crashes.

“Sup man?” His voice was only slightly deep, he was a year younger then me so as you could imagine he didn’t have a very manly voice like I did.

“Well I’m late so other than that, fine.” I said smirking.

“Would some peachy times make you feel better?” We both started snickering.


The peachy times joke was an inside joke, about a year ago when we just met we became friends because of a game on the Ipod touch called Fruit Ninja, I had hacked it one day with a little thing I found on the internet to give me an infinite amount of star fruit which was like money, one of the upgrades on the game were peachy times, when I showed him the hack he said. “I’ll buy you all the peachy times you could ever want!” Neither of us understand why it’s so funny, but we don’t question it. Till the day he died we continued to make that joke.


The teacher was doing what teachers do, teaching. I laid my head on my desk going to take a nap... Then the Andrew whispered to me.

“Hey Max, I found this cool crown in the forest!” He whispered.

“A crown?” I whispered back.

“Yeah, I think it’s REAL GOLD! I’ll show you it after-” The teacher interrupted our conversation.

“Maximus!” She shouted. I looked up not taking my head off the desk.

“What?” I asked bluntly.

“Answer the question!” She demanded pointing to the chalkboard. On the chalkboard written was 2+2, the teacher hated me and liked to taunt me with first grade questions. I rolled my eyes and walked up to the chalkboard grabbing a piece of chalk of course. I always liked to be smug about these things to get back at her taunting.

“Now as you can see class, the problem is very simple as long as you imply your logical thinking. Our teacher would be able to do this if she had some logical thinking!” I said smirking pointing to the question. I began marking all over to the board randomly, writing random numbers and math equations.

“All you have to do is that the divisible mark here.” I said pointing to the first two.

“Then you add by the sum of pie divided by six hundred and seventy three.” I had no idea what I was talking about, but it always made everyone chuckle and giggle.

“Now that you have that, you divide by our teachers weight.” I said pointing to the over to the teacher.

“Which is about three hundred and seventy two.” I wrote on the chalkboard more random numbers.

“Then, you will find your answer at two!” The entire class broke out laughing while the teacher just looked at me with anger in her brown eyes. I smirked, then on the chalkboard I started drawing a picture.

“That’s enough Max! Thank you for answering the question!” She said angrily. I snickered as I draw a cow over all the math equations that made no sense. Once I finished the large picture, I wrote an equal sign with a picture of a poorly drawn stick women who instead of having a stick body, it was a big circle.

I set the chalk back to its place and sat back at my desk as the class laughed. The teacher sighed, muttering swear words under her breath. I sat bored, I knew she’d yell at me if I went to take a nap now...

Author's Note:

I am aware that Maximus resembles Sterling, please do not bother me about it, I just liked the character design.