Equestria Daily 709 members · 2,250 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

Heya, folks! It's been a long and grueling road these past couple weeks, but after digging through a lot of incredible entries for The More Most Dangerous Game, our crackpot judging squad has finally managed to narrow down a list of fifteen finalists. Every judge on the team will be examining and checking out these stories in order to decide the winners of The More Most Dangerous Game, with the results to be announced soon™.

Congratulations to everyone who's made it this far. You've earned it.

Anthropology

Please Count to Five - by Magello (Anthropology)

Second Singularity - by dayoldspaghetti (Anthropology)

Cupcakes

The Cup Cake Killer - by SaddlesoapOpera (Cupcakes)

Sins of the Fathers - by Grand_Moff_Pony (Cupcakes)

Happy Birthday, Dear Twilight - by Pascoite (Cupcakes)

Fallout: Equestria

The Mailmare - by Bad Horse (Fallout: Equestria)

Life in the Wasteland - by NorsePony (Fallout: Equestria)

The Motion of the Stars - by Carabas (Fallout: Equestria)

A World Without Kindness - by Billymorph (Fallout: Equestria)

Broken Roads - by Not_A_Hat (Fallout: Equestria)

My Little Dashie

A Diamond and a Tether - by PatchworkPoltergeist (My Little Dashie)

My Little Dashie: Cloud Trails - by Door Matt (My Little Dashie)

There is Another Sky - by Lambent Dream (My Little Dashie)

Past Sins

Beatrix, Harbinger of Annoyance - by TheBrianJ (Past Sins)

Plural Possessive - by Aquaman (Past Sins)

Congrats to the all the finalists! Great work everyone! :pinkiehappy:

*goes back to squee mode*

Best of luck, everyone!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

I'm sad KwirkyJ didn't make it in. :( I look forward to reading the rest of these though!

Best of luck to all the finalists.

Good luck everybody! Looks like I've got some reading to do. :pinkiehappy:

Good luck to those that made it, and to those of us that didn't make the cut, a hearty salute! o7

I shed tears for the ones who didn't make it in. But i applaud the ones that did. bravo to you folks.

I...I made it? WHAT!? :pinkiegasp:

Yes we will, who will claim the gold trophy.

Eh, as much as I would have loved it, I'm not surprised my entry didn't make it. It was very badly unpolished (which is why it's still haven't been published it yet). Did you guys rank the entries at all, or something like that? I was kinda curious (and worried) on how mine fared.

Great job on everyone who made it to the finals! Even if you don't win, you did an awesome job by getting here. Good luck all of you!

This is going to be tough if all these stories are really as good as Arcadia, which I see didn't make it. :twilightoops:

Having just read all the comments for Arcadia, I am deeply convinced that Cloud Trails is not as good as it.

I want whatever the judges have been smoking. :pinkiecrazy:

I'm really surprised Arcadia didn't make it in; I thought that and The Mailmare were the strongest of the ones I read.

Hello Obs,

As an author who didn't make the finalist list – first I weep – and then I ask "Shall I receive any feedback or reviews of my entry?"

The major reasons I join a contest are to challenge myself and to get some feedback about my writing. Dare I hope for any of the latter?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

Not official, but I'm reviewing all the entries and will post a journal about it... sometime. <.< Minus the one I skipped. (It's not yours, I haven't read yours yet.)

I remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that you swore off reading entries for the next competitionn after Outside Insight?

Moth-to-candleflame, aye?

All feedback from anyone — particularly the contest judges — would be most welcome!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

If you follow me for any length of time, you'll realize that I am prone to hysterical dramatics and inconstancy. :B

Och, who isn't? :twilightsmile:

'Tis what makes life fun, after all.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

Nope! :B Although now I'm considering going back and doing it, because the reasons I skipped it were petty and very "I don't want to read 15k words right now".

Huh. Looks like mine didn't get in either. Aw well, better luck next contest. Congrats guys!

Well, no news is... no news. What's going on? Any further words on the finalists? What about reviews or at least some basic score or feedback on all the entries? How about just some sort of post to let enquiring minds know when we could expect some acxtual news?

PS. I added a Prelude (the first chapter, called War) which is not part of the contest submission, but I just got tired of waiting so I posted it.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

For my part, it'll likely be another three weeks at least until I can get that review out. I paused to do the Hearts and Hooves Day event. :B

Wow, it's the busy season! I look forward to your review.

Judging's actually all done. The results should be announced either today or tomorrow, depending on how quickly we can compile everything necessary for the announcement post.

Cool!

BTW, I was looking at the stories listed in the EQD folders and I can't find two of my stories that have been featured on EQD: Alone, and Filial. Could you please add to the stories in the Equestria Daily group folders? Alone in the Grimdark folder, and Filial in the Adventure folder.

Thanks!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

Sure! :O (This group's not updated too well, so don't be afraid to ask if something's missing!)

*EQUALLY EXCITED YET CONFUSED NOISES*

*ESCALATINGLY EXCITED NOISES*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37