Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,749 stories
Comments ( 69 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 69

Okay, I've seen several topics like this on other groups so I thought I'd make my own. Just asking here, but what would your ideal car for Sunset to drive be? (Can't figure out how to post pics so I'll send you these links instead.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro_(fifth_generation)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

To be honest, I see Sunset more as someone who would enjoy riding a Harley. But that's my own personal opinion.

Being a pony, she would obviously drive a Mustang. :pinkiehappy:

5245147 I'd suggest a Pontiac Firebird. It's outdated, but I think it's a good fit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Firebird

5245158 Plus, it's the car from Knight Rider so that's even cooler. (Yeah, I was sooo born in the wrong decade.)

In my fics, I have Sunset drive a Corvette, but her license does allow her to ride motorcycles, which she prefers, loving the feel of the wind blowing against her.

5245162 It's class is also know as a pony car

5245167 Yep, so on that basis someone should suggest a Mustang. Camaros are pony cars too, I just remembered.

5245171 But in "My Past is not Today" Sunset metaphorically turned into a phoenix and there was also her Daydream Glimmer form which I think makes the Firebird fit.

I don't use any IRL brands in my writings, but in my current fic I have Sunset ride a restored sports bike that she originally found trashed and fixed it up by collecting parts at a scrap yard. She later had it painted matte black and orange similar to this. I didn't go into too much detail in the fic, but it would be plasti dipped since it's cheaper.

The bike she rides is based on the Japanese sports bikes from the 80s with brands like Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. Back when they were larger and capable of holding two people easily. Not to mention nowadays these bikes can be bought used cheap, or found in scrap yards possibly.

Edit: I am not sure why y'all would have her ride in something like a Corvette or Skyline, she is technically an illegal immigrant from a magical pony land. I can't see her being able to spend that much money toward expensive cars. :derpytongue2:

T-65 X-Wing. You did say vehicle, after all :derpytongue2:

I like the idea of Sunset being a biker chick and naming her bike after Philomena.

She does the motorcross in the movie, so it's the best assumption as to her preferred mode of transportation.

Honestly I picture her riding motorcycles. Like some of the others I can see her restoring bikes as a hobby, especially after being blasted by the Elements.

As to what kind, any.

Cherry red Ferrari would do

I honestly don't see her driving any car. In my fics as well as some others she is pretty poor or if she has money, just enough to pay rent and what not. In my fics she usually takes a bus or walks to school. Though I suppose I could see her getting a motorcycle, not sure which kind, just probably a racing one rather then a chopper or something.

SR-71 Blackbird

I can't see her being able to spend that much money toward expensive cars.

It's not hard to be rich on Earth, when on your home planet you can farm rocks with gems inside them like we can farm pomegranates.

CHECK OUT THOSE SICK RIMS BRO

Wouldn't it be just a bit suspicious for a teenager to cash in raw gems? :derpytongue2:

Unless we are just talking sketchy transactions in back alley's, that makes a bit more sense.

You know what, realistically this would be her first car. Can never go wrong with the discount boat on wheels.

if not some kind of motorcycle than a firebird

This. I see her as more of a motorcycle chick, but if she's gonna have a car a Ponytiac (:trollestia:) Firebird is too good to pass up.

5245589 You and I are on the same wave length :coolphoto:

As someone who's watched quite a bit of Top Gear (even if my own taste in cars is pretty bland) there's two vehicles that really stick in my mind.

First, the Honda Cub.

One of the most popular motorcycles in the world, they require very little maintenance (which could be a big plus for Sunset since she comes from Equestria where they simply don't have internal combustion engines) and a quick google search tells me they can get gas mileage of at least 70 to 90 mpg.

Also, the Beach Boys did a song about it.

The second is the Gibbs QuadSki. Check it in action around 1:14 to see why.

5245147 Probably something commonly seen in school parking lots (as Mr. Regular pointed out in the review for this car):

But if her skills at motocross are anything to go by, a sporty motorcycle like this might also work:

So yeah, nothing too expensive and something a student like her might have. :twilightsheepish:

Benz patent-motorwagen

Or a
" 49-50-51-52-53-54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64-65-66-67-68-69 Chevy automobile"
Only people who listened to one piece at a time by Johnny cash will know what I'm talking about.
But most realistically in my head canon is a Lexus IS

5245158 lol I actually own one:twilightsheepish:

A beautiful woman should have a beautiful car just like the 1967 Chevrolet Impala

Maybe I'm such a fan of Long Road to Friendship or thought her part in the Friendship Games was awesome and cute; but I'm too attached with Sunset riding a motorbike.
I mean, how can you go wrong with this?

But I like where your mind is at.

Only if the trunk is full of salt and silver and holy water and she and Sci-Twi occasionally sit on the hood and talk about their feelings over a couple of fizzy apple ciders, :pinkiecrazy:

My biggest question is where is Sunset getting the money for all these cars and motorcycles? I mean if the comics are to be believed, Sunset went into the portal in a spur of the moment thing with nothing on her. That kind of blows the 'she sold stuff from Equestria' thing out of the water.

5245704 As a Supernatural fan this automatically gets a upvote.

Comes with built-in dual sword racks.

Eh, I don't put a lot of stock in the comic, since it has inconsistencies and just doesn't strike me as how it is likely to have happened.

Sunset is smart. I like to think she planned ahead before trapping herself in another dimension.

Personally I don't know many cars/vehicles, so when I do end up using them in fics (if at all) I use models from games that I know. For example, if anyone's ever played the Saints Row series, you'll know what I mean when I say I typically give Sunset either a Pheonix (as a car) or a Sabretooth (as a motorcycle).

Personally I like the idea of her driving a Ninja :

But I'd be fine with a Firebird, or some other fairly nice car too... In Fact in "Sunset Shimmer's Time to Shine" novel, she drives a car... though it's not explained what type.

5245763 Nope, really can't go wrong with that image.

I've read a lot of fan fictions where Sunset drives motorcycle. Imo, it fits her.

Sport bikes are cool.

5245147 mustangor camaro. (Mostly cus those are like my fav cars but ya know...)

Wouldn't it be just a bit suspicious for a teenager to cash in raw gems?

It's not difficult to sell uncut gems. And if she can fake the IDs to get into Canterlot High, she can fake selling it for her parents or whatev.
Legal channels for selling uncut gems.

It's not difficult to sell uncut gems.

If you obtained them legally.
If you're an orphan underage girl with no discernible income (much less inheritance), whose ID will fall apart at any serious scrutiny, it kinda gets much harder.

Anti-money-laundering stuff is pretty serious nowadays, so if you try to get tens of thousands of dollars out of nowhere you'd raise more red flags than if you bought TNT and a copy of Quran.

UPD: Also, minor's driving license requires parents' or custodian's signature... which may be problematic, depending on what is your headcanon for Sunset' s living arrangements.

Yeah. like others, I've always put her on a motorbike. (Especially after editing Everything for a Princess by Miss Spectrum.)

A motherfuckin' ice cream truck.

Fancy meeting you here ????????????❤️—u—

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 69