• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,815 Views, 19 Comments

Alicorn or... Alicorn? - Alicorn



Fulfill my destiny, huh? Sure. If you count horns on your back and wings on your forehead. Yeah, great destiny.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,815

I think I'm an alicorn. I mean, I think....

Twilight Sparkle

"It's time for you...

To fulfill your destiny!"

Princess Celestia sang proudly, un-folding her wings. She rose into the air slowly as Twilight Sparkle stared at the sun goddess in awe. What did Princess Celestia mean? Destiny? What destiny? Questions filled the lavender unicorns brain, hoping they would be answered.

Suddenly, a purple light popped out from her chest. Twilight stared at it, knowing that wasn't supposed to happen. That's not normal... she thought. Panic set in. She could trust the princess... right? Of course.

After all these years of Princess Celestia herself being the unicorns mentor, Twilight was sure she could trust her. But a strange purple blob appearing from your chest? That's not an every-day experience. The strange purple blob circled the puzzled unicorn, round and round it went. Nervous was written all over Twilight's face. She looked at the white alicorn with a I'm scared... look.

The princess, now on the ground, smiled at her student. A smile that said, Don't worry, everything will be okay. Twilight blinked, rising into the air. Her mane blew all over the place and her stomach turned into knots. The purple mare looked over at Princess Celestia, only to receive the same smile. Sighing, Twilight closed her eyes.

She decided to think about what her destiny could be instead of how she was going to fulfill it. Yeah, that'll calm me down. she thought, smiling a little. Maybe it's getting a bunch of books. Or... she paused. She couldn't think of anything besides that. What could her destiny be? Only one way to find out...

She feared to open her eyes, expecting to find herself fifty feet in the air. Twilight figured she'd most likely get sick if she found herself that high. Sure, she was okay in Cloudsdale when she went see her friend, Rainbow Dash, to pull off a legendary Sonic Rainboom. But that's because she had the cloud-walking spell. But if she was up that high without the spell casted, she knew she was doomed. She slowly opened her eyes to find white dots blur her vision.

Rainbow Dash

"Twilight?!" a pink pony called, shouting throughout the streets in Ponyville. A few other mares stood with her, shouting the same name over and over again.

"Where do you think she is?" a cyan blue pegasus asked nervously. An orange looked at her, close to tears.

"Ah... Ah don' know... Ya don' think she's... she's..." the orange cowpony couldn't say it. She felt guilty enough for possibly killing one her best friends. A few hours before, she and her other friends had blasted the lavender unicorn away with the Elements of Harmony.

The rainbow-maned pony gave her a small hug and said, "AJ, we all know Twi's not... um..." She stuttered, trying to find the right word.

"... gone?" a white unicorn suggested. The pegasus looked over at her, silently thanking her. The unicorn nodded in response, calling out her friends name once more. The rainbow-maned pony she turned her attention back to the orange mare.

"Yeah. Gone. Twilight's been through more than that. Maybe we just... transported her to another dimension." said the pegasus, trying to lighten the mood.

No luck.

A yellow pegasus was crying silently, only a few sniffles were heard from her. The cyan pegasus sighed. She hoped they would find their friend soon. As if right on cue, a bright star appeared from the sky. Shielding her eyes, the cyan blue pony peaked out from her hoof. She recognized that star.

Twilight's cutie mark...

The cutie mark shimmered, falling slowly from the sky. The five mares watched in shock as it landed in front of them. The light was bright, so the mares shielded their eyes again. Once the light died down enough for them to look, the orange mare moved her hoof from her face. She sniffed, wiping her eyes from tears and some loss of vision.

"Twilight? Is that you?" She asked.

No response.

The light died down completely. A body laid on the ground. The five friends mouths hung open in shock. The cyan blue pegasus thought only one thing:

Is she-?

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle was blind.

Well, not completely. White light was the only thing she saw. Not only that, but her back felt like an elephant was sitting on it. Her forehead was sweaty and it was heavy, too. She started to pant loudly. Sweat streamed down in her body.

The lavender pony's body felt like it was falling from a thousand feet. She was exhausted. I feel... tired... Her eyes felt heavy and her body slipped slowly toward the ground. She didn't know where she was and felt to tired to study her surroundings. She didn't even know if her vision was still filled with white light.

Twilight closed her eyes slowly, her body aching. Falling to the floor completely, her stomach hit the ground with a loud Bang! She suddenly felt sick. She felt hot sweat fall down her forehead and onto the floor. What's... what's happening? she thought, confused. Slowly, she drifted into a deep sleep.

Hours Later...

Twilight awoke in insane pain. Small black spots dotted her vision. Panting quietly, she blinked them away. Raising her head slowly, she opened her eyes to find her friends staring at her in shock. She stared back. Silence feel between them.

Twilight stared at her friends. Why were they looking at her like that? She stood up slowly, her body begging for her to lie back down. Ignoring her body's pain, she stood on all four hooves, staring at her friends.

"Did... did I fulfill my destiny?" She asked. Her friends response was silence. Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"You... fulfilled something." She said, rubbing the back of her neck in confusion. Twilight nodded slowly, watching Applejack elbow Rainbow.

"Um, Twilight...," Rarity spoke up, taking a step toward her friend. "Where did you actually go when the elements... hit you?" Twilight smiled, seeing three of her friends snap out of their shock.

"Oh! I went to... uh... I don't really know. This cool place, I guess." She said sheepishly, shrugging. Rarity nodded slowly, eyeing the lavender pony suspiciously.

"And... what exactly happened there?" She asked. Twilight blinked, staring at the white mare. Why was she asking such weird questions?

"Uh," she mumbled, thinking. "Princess Celestia said something about fulfilling my destiny... whatever it is."

"Yeah. Okay, got that." Rarity said, dismissing it with her hoof. Twilight stood there, puzzled. Why were her friends acting weird? She sat down, feeling her back starting to ache again. She relaxed, sighing. Everything was so confusing today.

She closed her eyes, breathing in and out slowly like Princess Cadence taught her. Cadence told her it was the perfect way for relaxing.

"Twilight?" Rarity said, still needing to ask questions. Twilight mumbled something, opening her eyes to see... a big, purple floppy wing. The lavender pony stared at it, wondering if it was real or not.

... isn't there supposed to be a horn here...? she thought, her eyes widening.

"Twilight Sparkle," an elegant voice called above. Twilight ignored the voice, touching the wing with her hoof. It was real. If a wing is here... where's my horn? She thought, moving the wing from her face with her hoof. Okay, if a wing is on my forehead, then my horn must be... She gasped as she realized where it was.

She turned around quickly, seeing two horns sitting on her back as if they belonged there. Something was definitely wrong. She began to panic, hyperventilating. Oh, sweet Celestia! Oh... oh sweet Celestia! Is this my destiny? It can't be!

"... Twilight?" the elegant voice called again. The lavender pony turned quickly to see Princess Celestia staring at her. Twilight glared at her 'mentor'. She couldn't believe she did this to her!

"How could you do this to me?!" Twilight asked, close to tears. Why was she going to cry? Celestia stared at her, stuttering.

"I-I don't know h-how this happened... you w-were supposed to be a-an alicorn..." the sun goddess said, blinking rapidly.

"Well, I am an alicorn. Just... an alicorn who is... turned upside down." Twilight said, not sure what to say. A tear fell down her cheek. Why was this happening?

Celestia stood there awkwardly, silently reminding herself never to turn somepony into an alicorn with her magic when you haven't studied how to do it.

Author's Note:

To be honest, I saw the picture for this story and the idea popped into my brain.

I hoped you enjoyed.

Oh Celestia, I don't even know.

Comments ( 18 )

Sequel!!!!!!!
Please:fluttercry:

It's not bad. Not great (no offense) but certainly not bad. I would be happy to point out some things you could change if you would be open.

You don't know how GLAD I am you didn't go with the "Trollestia" route.

2447573 I'm happy I've made you laugh. :twilightsheepish:

2450743 I can't help it. The concept's too funny for me to handle. :rainbowlaugh:

2450752 Really? When I typed it, I thought it was extremely crappy. But apparently people actually liked it, :applejackunsure:

2450758 Different peoples have different opinions, as well as humor. Anyways, I'm the type of person who could get easily humored. :twilightsheepish:

2450779 oh? Then I suggest you read my other story "Twilight Discovers the Internet"

2450824 Challenge accepted. I'll read it first thing in the morning. I need to get some sleep right about now.

2450985 Ok, good night.

Well, this is unique.

A sequel to this... probably couldn't maintain the same tone. Then again... I think it was called "So you've grown wings" managed to take what was supposed to be a one-off, and turn it into an epic series of battles, while still having completely ridiculous elements to it.

Haaah... Amusing to randomly stumble across a story based on one of my pictures.

Shes not an alicorn she's a conirc-Al

Login or register to comment