• Published 11th Apr 2013
  • 835 Views, 11 Comments

The Equestria Games - superpony55



It's time for the Equestria Games- who will win?

  • ...
0
 11
 835

Event 1- (Everypony): Card Sledding

Everypony who competes in the Games gets a card for in some of the games you use them. The 1st Event is one of those games. The game is: Card Sledding.

Of course, the ponies didn't know that. They didn't even know what kind of event came first.

"Ponies, please get in your order in which you will participate in Everypony games," Derpy said.

"These are the rules," she continued. "Everypony goes to the top of Mud Mountain. (The mountain is surrounded by mud.) They stand (or sit) on their cards as they slide down the mountain. If you fall off your card, your team gets no points and you don't continue to the next round of the Event. If you stay on your card, you continue until there is just 1 pony left standing (or sitting). Please have your first pony stand up."

Derpy started calling out who was playing the game.
"From Team 1- Applejack!" The other ponies on her team looked relieved. After all, this was her best Everypony game! She had even beat the Luckies at it before!

"From Team 2- Bon Bon!" Lyra cheered.

"From Team 3- Moondancer!" Applejack looked happy, the Lucky teammate she had beaten was Moondancer!

"From Team 4- Big Mac!" The Crusaders cheered. It ran in the family to do well in this game! Applejack looked a little nervous.

"From Team 5- Orangejack!" Applejack gritted her teeth.

"From Team 6- Blue Cotton Candy!" Everypony laughed. After all, Blue Cotton Candy was the only pony on her team!

"From Team 7- Minty!" Minty looked pleased. Everypony knew she liked mint sledding. She hoped it wasn't much different!

"From Team 8- Green Garden!" Pinkie Pie gave her a thumbs up. She was the leader of the Party Ploppers group, but she told them to do the games without her. She didn't want to disappoint her friends!

"From Team 9- Flim! Or is it Flam?" Derpy said, confused.

"It's Flim," Flim assured her.

"From Team 9- Flim!" Everypony laughed.

"From Team 10- Silver Spoon!" Diamond Tiara and Filthy Rich both refused to do Everypony Events.

"From Team 11- Carrot Top!" Berry Punch looked relieved. After all, Carrot Top was more used to mud!

"From Team 12- Cherry Jubilee!" Everypony clapped. Cherry Jubilee smiled.

"From Team 13- Sapphire!" Rarity gritted her teeth. Everypony knew she did not like Sapphire's teammate, Shinity. And everypony also knew Shinity did liked getting her hooves dirty even less than Rarity did. Rarity might compete in an Everypony Event just to make her mad. And, the reason why Rarity gritted her teeth was that even the mention of Shinity's team made her mad.

"And finally, last but not least, from Team 14- Fleur De Lis!" Everypony clapped politely.

All the ponies who's names were called gathered their cards and walked up the mountain.

"First up is Applejack!" Applejack hopped onto her card and slid down the mountain. she landed upright on her card. She took her card and went to the back of the line. "The Elements of Harmony- 1 point." (A computer was now doing the talking.)

"Next up is Bon Bon!" Bon Bon jumped onto her card and fell straight down. "The Candy Lyres- 0 points." Bon Bon took her card and walked back to Lyra sadly.

"Next is Moondancer!" Moondancer landed smoothly at the bottom. "Lucky- 1 point."

"Big Macintosh!" Big Mac stayed on. The Crusaders cheered. "The Cutiemark Crusaders- 1 point."

"Orangejack! Orange Oranges- 1 point." Applejack gritted her teeth.

"Blue Cotton Candy! One-Pony-Band- 0 points."

"Oh well," Candy said, shrugging.

"Minty! Blue Sugar Sisters- 1 point."

"Yeah!" her teammates cheered.

"Green Garden! Party Ploppers- 0 points."

The Party Ploppers both plopped, along with Pinkie Pie who had yelled, "All right, Ploppers! Follow my lead!" Plop. Plop. Plop.

"Flim! Flim Flam Brothers- 0 points."

"Next time, Flim," Flam said.

"Yes, Flam."

"Silver Spoon! Rich Silver Tiara- 1 point."

"Yes!" Diamond Tiara yelled.

"Carrot Top! Carrot Punch- 0 points."

"Oh, well," Carrot Top sighed.

"Cherry Jubilee! Cherries- 0 points."

"Would anypony like to buy some cherries?" Everypony shook their head. "Okay."

"Sapphire! Shiphirre- 1 point." Rarity gritted her teeth.

"Fleur De Lis! Fashionistas- 1 point."

"At least I didn't fall in the mud," Fleur muttered.

It finally got down to Applejack, Big Mac, Minty, and Moondancer. All 4 teams had 20 points. Each pony was covered in sweat and mud. They all got onto their cards. All 4 slid down at once, to different sides of the mountain. Applejack saw the mud approaching her, and fast. So did all the others. The crowd leaned forward as...

Author's Note:

Note: I'm going on a short hiatus so I can work on some new stories.

Comments ( 6 )

2439031

Thank you for the guides. The thing with the narrator I'm just trying out. I want to see how I do with it. As for Derpy, I'm backing up a little to show what had happened. As for the questions:

Why do Rainbow Dash and the Mane 6 want to compete? Rainbow Dash and Applejack are very competitive, they'd just like to win with their friends.
What's the prize of the competition? I'm not sure yet. I guess it's a mystery prize that will be announced at the end.
If they're doing this just for fun, why does Rainbow Dash want to push the group so much? Rainbow Dash is very competitive. She likes winning. I don't think it's completely about the fun to her.
Why is it called the Equestria Games when most of the ponies are just from Ponyville? Ponies all over Equestria are allowed to compete, Ponyvillians just ceased the chance to compete. Also, this is the Equestria Games from Games Ponies Play. One of my biggest problems is deciding if this is alternate universe, with Twilight not being an Alicorn.
Is this competition like the Olympics? Yes, as I said before, it's the Equestria Games from Games Ponies Play.
And if so, why are fillies allowed to compete? Its for ponies of all ages, as long as they have a supervisor.
Why would Fluttershy be near the Games Desk if she doesn't want to compete? She wants to find out how to become an announcer so she doesn't have to compete. Of course, she doesn't think she'll get picked, and she wanted somepony to do it with her, just in case.

I don't really have an answer of why I did the separate scenes, I think part of it was to make the chapter longer. :twilightsmile: I'll probably going to just do Events every other chapter, and I'll let the readers help me decide who wins Event 1, who wins Event 2, etc. etc. even the overall champion. I will look the story over for grammar and human references. I will go back and add some of the sport itself to Event 1, the good news is that's the last chapter I've published! And finally, I will fix the repetition and go back and take out a lot of the parentheses.

Thank you again! :twilightsmile:

This is a damn fine cup of coffee

Congratulations! This story has officially been graded an Emerald by The Gem Hunters.

You could stand to slow down a bit, extend the chapters and maybe remove the narrator addressing the audience directly.

Login or register to comment