• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 2,670 Views, 19 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia - Jeez



Celestia and Luna need to deal with a new threat to Equestria: Friendship report spam.

  • ...
0
 19
 2,670

Epilog: Good morning, mister Jet Set

The morning saw an eclectic group of ponies gathered around the entrance to one of the more expensive apartment buildings in Canterlot – the natural habitat of ponies who wanted to show off their money but didn't have money old enough to own a villa. Real estate was precious in this city.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends were there, as were a number of other special guests and a very chipper princess of the night. Also there were assorted assistants, helpers, performers, extras, camera crews and onlookers.

Luna was full of energy, having just risen from a long, restful sleep (which for her meant three hours). Just half a day ago she had instructed the castle staff to help her prepare for this and what she received was glorious. Ten centuries under her sister had prepared them for this kind of occasion and they went about the preparations like a well-oiled machine.

The media were informed – and involved. An award-winning director had been flown in. Floats had been prepared and the Wonderbolts Flying Band was ready to lead the parade. The only clouds in the sky were meticulously positioned to spell out a very special message. Every major band in Equestria had received an invitation to play on the three sound stages that had been erected throughout the city. All the right government officials were in all the right places. Speeches were prepared, rehearsed and deemed worthy. A song had been written just for this occasion. The fireworks were still being set up but weren't scheduled to go off until the evening anyway. Commenters' booths were hovering over concession stands. Complimentary tomatoes were being handed out. Somehow there even were Don't Tick The Princess Off Day decorations all over the town despite Luna not having officially created the holiday yet.

The director gave the sign. Six o' clock. Time to start. The appropriate doorbell was rung and everypony took their positions. Finally the door opened, revealing a confused-looking Jet Set. As the confetti started drifting to the ground and the cameras focused on him, he could only stare at the princess as she dropped a bucket of water in front of him and said:

"Scrub."

Author's Note:

You asked for more details on Luna's reply to Jet Set's letter and you shall receive. I decided to let the actual action happen off-screen because sometimes hinting is more enticing than showing. Especially when the hints are the equivalent of waving a nuclear warhead around.

Also because I write while commuting and describing Luna's revenge in detail would've taken me ages. But the hint-don't-show thing is totally the real reason.

Comments ( 4 )

2350100
2355983
2359108
Okay, you won... partially. I had a few funny ideas and wrote a hint at what princess Luna has in store for Jet Set. I hope it meets with your approval.

2357969
Heh heh heh. Nice.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Works for me!

This was an amazing story, totally cheered me up! I love the interactions between Celestia and Luna, there needs to be stories like these! Well done! :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:

This story was honestly a joy to read. The Luna snarks, Celestia responds in kind, Twilight pranks, Lyra seriously needs remedial writing classes, and I learned that everything is better with a burning moat.

Login or register to comment