• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 3,254 Views, 21 Comments

The Wings Of A Broken Filly - dragonpony111



Why Scootaloo can't fly. Also an origin story.

  • ...
35
 21
 3,254

Chapter 5: Growing Pains

To Rainbow Dash's surprise Scootaloo managed to stay in her tantrum for the full ten minutes, seemingly becoming more upset with each passing minute while shouting "Toy. Mine.". Finally the filly's sister walked back over and picked up the flailing pony.

"SCOOTALOO!" Calm down, your punishment is over."

"WUAAAAAAAAHHHH..... squeak."

"T-toy?"

Rainbow Dash had gotten Scootaloo's attention and got her tantrum to end. The filly's face was bright red and soaked with tears. Rainbow Dash then stroked her mane as she said:

"Yes Scootaloo, but did you learn your lesson?"

"S-s, s-so, sowy. Mama."

Scootaloo also nodded her head affirmatively. Rainbow Dash then carried her back to the corner where the incident began, but the red colt already moved on and left Scootaloo's toy behind. Upon seeing her toy again Scootaloo basically leaped from her sister's hold, buzzing her wings rapidly to slow her descent. Next the now happy filly latched onto her toy, bouncing with excitement. Rainbow Dash still felt bad for punishing her but she knew it had to be done.

A few weeks later and it was dinner time for all the foals. Already having a bad day at flight school and then having to deal with getting twenty plus foals to sit down to eat really stressed out Rainbow Dash and put her on edge. Scootaloo had been drawing for the past few minutes and finally finished her work of art. After the filly grabbed the paper with her mouth she ran up the hallway to the dining room where Rainbow Dash was busy trying to get a difficult foal to sit in a high chair, and then jumped onto the table.

"Look. For you. Mommy."

"FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE SCOOTALOO!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD I'M NOT YOUR MOTHER!"

Rainbow Dash slammed both of her hooves on the table, and her unexpected angry outburst caused Scootaloo to drop the paper and jump back. The frightened filly fell down in the process and landed on one of her wings. Scootaloo then scampered off back down the hallway as she cried. It took a moment but eventually Rainbow Dash realized what she just did and looked at the paper Scootaloo brought. It was a crude crayon drawing of her and Scootaloo flying in the sky, there was the word me with an arrow pointing to Scootaloo and the word mama, which had been crossed out and replaced with sister, with an arrow pointing to Rainbow Dash. Seeing this gift her little sister made for her really kicked Rainbow Dash in the stomach, as her heart sank for how terrible she felt for yelling at Scootaloo like that. After she managed to get the last foal in his chair Rainbow Dash went off down the hallway in search of Scootaloo, and just followed the sound of her cries. Eventually Rainbow Dash gets to the end of the hallway to see a big potted plant, with a cowering filly behind it, crying.

"Sniff. WUUAAAHHHH! Sniff. Sniff. WUUAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

"Come on out Scootaloo, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"NO! Sniff. YOU! SCARWIE!"

"But Scootaloo I was only..."

"NO! MEANIE! Sniff."

Scootaloo was trying her best to stay hidden in the corner behind the potted plant, where she felt the safest for now. Rainbow Dash then left and quickly returned with Sctooaloo's Wonderbolt plushie.

"Hey Scootaloo. Look what I brought you."

"NO!"

Even her favorite toy wasn't enough to calm Scootaloo this time, as the upset filly stayed in her corner sobbing. Enough was enough so Rainbow Dash just moved the potted plant out of the way. Scootaloo then tried to dart out past her sister but was caught by her hind legs. Rainbow Dash then picked her up only to send Scootaloo into a bigger fit.

"OWWWIIEEEEE! NO! OWWIEE!"

Upon picking up the kicking and screaming filly Rainbow Dash could see Scootaloo had injured one of her wings, as it was spread out limp while the other was tucked nicely against her body.

"I'm so sorry Scootaloo, I didn't mean to frighten you like that. I just, I just had a tough day is all, it wasn't your fault. I also really like the drawing you gave me."

Scootaloo still hadn't forgiven Rainbow Dash yet but she stopped struggling, only because of her wing. Rainbow Dash carried Scootaloo to the kitchen and rummaged through the cabinets to get the first aid kit. In only a few minutes Rainbow Dash set her sister's injured wing in a splint and had it all bandaged up with an ice pack. Scootaloo then flexed her wings in excitement now that the pain was mostly gone.

"Th-thanks. Mom... Si-sis... Sissy."

From then on Scootaloo was able to remember to call Rainbow Dash her sister, or "Sissy" as she was able to pronounce, slipping up only a few times saying "mama". About a month after the injured wing incident Rainbow Dash arrived at the orphanage again, but when she went to the room Scootaloo slept in, she found her little sister locked up in a cage, or so she thought. When Scootaloo noticed her walking in she immediately went to the side of her crib and stuck her hooves through the bars, trying to reach Rainbow Dash.

"Sissy!"

Mary was also in the room as well attending to the other foals, and was caught off guard by Rainbow Dash's demand:

"Hey you let Scootaloo out of that cage this instant! Or else I'll..."

"Oh please calm down Rainbow Dash, no need to be alarmed. That isn't a cage, although I guess it does work like one, but you more than anypony else should know that is a Pegasus crib. Scootaloo escaped from her crib last night and I found her clumsily flying through the orphanage, so we moved her into a Pegasus crib for her own safety. You'll have to teach her how to fly now Rainbow Dash, so she will be ready when she attends flight-school."

"Wow is it true Scootaloo? Did you really fly?"

Scootaloo giggled and said: "Yes. Sissy. I flyed."

Author's Note:

Finally done with this chapter!!! Have fun reading!!!

Comments ( 7 )

gah! dash just adopt her gah!

Dash lets Scoots call her a sissy :rainbowlaugh:

Hehe, only Scootaloo can call her a sissy. :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :scootangel:

Adopt her! Adopt her! :raritydespair:

Mary Trottins


Do I detect a Mary popping joke here?:duck:

What happened to rest of the story I can only find 5 chapters there were more.

Login or register to comment