• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,420 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,420

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62 A lesson learn part 1

A lesson learn part 1


Spike stood behind a stalagmite and watched as Imamu passed by, behind him floated a small wooden box with the Alicorn Amulet inside it, a longer box that held an evil magical sword, a crate with a magical armor, and two cages with a angry zebra filly and a even angrier simian.

He waited a little trying to understand what just happened, why and how did things got out of hand so fast and how and why did end so abruptly.

“Kid.” Imamu’s voice could be heard coming from inside the cave. “Kid. Come on it’s time to eat.”

Spike did not respond, still deep in thought, or in shock.

“No use unlocking the secrets of the universe on an empty stomach.” Imamu said again.

Still no reaction.

“Uh.” Imamu turned back and grabbed Spike with his fingers, that got his attention.

“Welcome back.” Imamu said jokingly. “How was the trip?”

“Huh?” Spike replied.

“What did you think of the show?”

“Umm... I don’t know... At first it was interesting, but then...”

“It was a little too much for you wasn’t it?”

“Yeah...” Spike trailed off. “And I’ve seen my share of crazy...”

Imamu continued walking, passing the bed where Spike first woke up in, then reaching the large room. He remained silent waiting for the dragon to speak his mind.

“I mean I am no stranger to insanely strong creatures, Ursa Minors, giant timberwolves...”

He paused, taking a breath.

“Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army, Discord, Sombra...”

“You fought Nightmare Moon?” Imamu asked interrupting him.

“Well I sort of just... fainted when I saw her...” Spike replied embarrassed.

Imamu chuckled.

“So Chrysalis and her army, even Discord and I even defeated King Sombra...”

“Single handed?” Imamu asked interrupting again.

“Not really... Twilight and I searched for the crystal heart together, and we found it, but then she was trapped by a trap so I had to take it to Cadence... but then Sombra appeared, and black crystal spikes grew, and I fell, and I dropped the heart, and Shining who is Twilight’s brother and Cadence’s husband, had to throw her, and then she caught it before Sombra could, and...”

He paused to catch his breath.

“And then she took it with her magic and I rode on her back... It was odd actually... It was not like Twi, but not like Rainbow Dash either... I guess an alicorn is a lot more than an unicorn with wings...”

He paused again, his mind racing from place to place how he felt riding Cadence to how he felt riding Twilight before she got her wings and after, before resuming his story.

“So anyway... Cadence got the heart and me, few down placed it in its place and everypony turned to crystals and Sobra blew up, and I was a hero... And I was turned into crystal pony which was cool.”

“Entity.”

“What?”

“You are not a pony, thus you could not be turned into a crystal pony.”

“I see. So I was a crystal dragon then.”

“It does sound better, but it still is wrong. There is no such thing as a crystal dragon, there are crystal elementals but no dragons. So...”

“So?”

“A crystal, or crystalline entity.”

“It sound odd. I prefer crystal dragon.”

Imamu could not help but laugh a little. “Well you changed into something that never existed before or since, and since you did not stay a crystal dragon, there would be no point in naming a new race after you. Maybe if the change would have been permanent, but since it was not you became something that is generally described as an entity.”

“That is a little confusing.”

“It usually is. So back to the matter at hand, what did you think about the fight.”

“Like I said at first it was fine. Both of them seemed to try to end it fast, but at the same time they did not put too much power behind their attacks.”

“Good... Good... And why do you think they did that?”

“Hmm... to use as little power as possible?”

“And?”

“Aaaa...” He thought about it for a while. “If got nothing.” He said after a while.

By now they reached the large room and Imamu turned on the lights with a swift fist to the wall. The boxes, crate and cages levitated out of sight, possibly going somewhere deeper into the cave.

“Think about it... Why would they not go full force from the start?”

Imamu placed Spike down on the crystal floor before jumping of the ledge. He thought about it, but in the end Spike could not figure out any other reason why the two did not go at it with all their might, so he guessed.

“Because they were friends?”

“An excellent point. Although these two are more like brother and sister than friends. So?”

“What?”

“Why did they hold back?”

Again he tried to figure out an answer, again he failed. As he rattled his brain two reasons keep popping up.

“Because they cared for each other? Because they did not want to hurt the odder”

It was a fifty-fifty chance.

“Because they did not want to hurt each other?”

“Bingo.” Imamu said as his head popped out.

“But they both wanted to win... So why did they hold back?”

“It simple. If you have to fight someone you care for, why not try to knock him out instead of trying to brutally kill him?”

“I see... That makes sense... But... Wouldn’t it be easier to knock someone out if they used more power?”

“And that is the other reason.” Imamu waited for Spike to take another guess, he did not.

PreviousChapters Next