• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,419 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,419

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 69 You are late

You are late


“I really must remember to oil that thing,” Spike said as the door to the Golden Oak Library creaked open.

He peeked inside bracing himself for whatever mess Twilight must have made during his absence, but, to his surprise he saw nothing. The library was spotless, not a single book was out of its place, not a single sheet of paper lay on the floor, no dirt no dust, nothing, so he entered.

As soon as he entered the door slammed behind him causing him to jump. He looked around to for Twilight but, as far as he could tell, he was alone.

“Twi?” Spike said with a bit of fear in his voice. No answer came.

He checked the kitchen, all the dishes were done the fridge was decently stacked and there was plenty of hay and gems.

“Twi?” He asked again, still no answer.

He picked into the basement. The lights were of. He turned them on and took a look around but saw nothing out of the ordinary, still the same organised chaotic mess of chemicals, tubes, wires and odd devices he was used to.

“Twi?”

After finishing searching the basement as well as downstairs Spike went to see if Twilight was upstairs, for some reason he expected each step he stepped on, to creek, just like the door, they did not.

“At least I am not in some lame horror movie.”

“Hello Spike,” Twilight said looking down at Spike from the edge of her bed.

“This seemed oddly familiar... all that is missing is a lamp shade and a pillow.” Spike though before greeting Twilight.

“Hi Twi,” he replied with a sheepish smile on his face, the sort of smile one would have on his face when you were caught doing something you shouldn’t have.

“Don’t Twi me mister,” she said annoyed at the little dragon. “Do you have any idea what time it is?”

Spike squinted his eyes trying to get a better view of the cuckoo clock behind Twilight. His eyesight instantly zoomed onto the wooden timekeeping device and he could easily read the time, nine twenty six.

“Wow, I made great time. Also fifteen hours, not bad, not bad at all.”

“Well?” Spike’s train of thought was interrupted by Twilight's voice.

“Umm... Nine thirtyish?”

“Correct.” Twilight's eyes were now closed and she had a wide toothy smile as she spoke. “And when were you supposed to be back?”

“Umm... we never talked about an hour.”

“True,” Twilight tilted her head to the side. “Do happen to remember how long you said you were going to be gone?”

“A day?”

“A day.” Twilight said in a soft barely audible voice. “And how long have you been gone?” she asked with that same sweet voice.

“A little longer...”

“A little longer you say? Hmm... a little longer...” Twilight’s horn glowed for an instant before her magic wrapped around her body.

*Poof* Twilight disappeared from her bed taking part of it with her leaving behind a spherical void where she stood.

*Poof* Could be heard again.

Spike looked around the room trying to see where Twilight teleported too, he did not saw her anywhere, all he could see was his shadow.

“Huh? I don’t remember any light behind...” His eyes widen in terror as he slowly turned his head to take a look behind her.

“So a little longer you say?”

Twilight face now was mere inches from his own and Spike could clearly see how forced that smile was. He could also see that Twilight’s whole body was shaking, but the thing that scared him the most was the magical energies that emanated from her body causing the hairs of her coat to stand up, and her mane and tail to flow similar to that of Celestia and Luna, thankfully hers were still made of hair.

Spike though about the situation he was in, since the day he was born he was never afraid of Twilight, she was his boss, his sister and even his mother from time to time, but now, he knew he should have been.

“I can either apologise or...”

“So Twi, how was your day?” Spike asked.

“Please work, please let this be my lucky day.”

Twilight expected many things from Spike when he returned. He expected him to go directly to bed, he expected him to say he was sorry and move on, she expected him to come groveling and begging for her not to throw him out, she had a list of over two hundred things Spike could have done and how she would react to each of them, but, somehow him asking her how her day was did not appear on her list.

“What?” she ask as her brain tried to formulate a proper response to his question.

“Thank Celestia.” Spike’s gamble paid off. “Imamu was right, nothing is more powerful than sheer dumb luck.”

“I asked you how your day was?”

“My day? You want to know how my day was?” Twilight failed to formulate any elaborate plan in the short time she had. Normally she would have no problems but after playing over two hundred scenarios in her mind she was a little tired.

“You want to know how my day was?” she repeated. “Well after you left me to deal with all the chaos...”

“That you created.”

“... I spend the rest of the day cleaning up the mess and struggling to keep up with my work. It was not easy but I managed to do all the chores, take care of the library, finish all my work and still sleep for two whole hours, before I had to open the library the next day.”

“Just two hours...”

“But it did not matter, and you know why?” Twilight paused as if to give Spike a chance to reply but before he could say anything she went on.

“Because my number one assistant, my loyal assistant was due back that day, and I could get some much deserved sleep after a hard days work.” Twilight paused to take a breath of air before going on.

“But you know what? The morning came and he was not home. Maybe he is just oversleeping I told myself. I’m sure he will arrive before dinner. Then dinner came and he was still not here, then lunch, then breakfast again.”

“Twi I’m...”

“And you know what I did? I searched for him, I searched for him everywhere. I search for him all over Ponyville, I went to see if he was at Applejack, I went to see if he was at Fluttershy, I went to Zecora, he was nowhere to be found. I had Dash fly everywhere again maybe I just missed him. I wrote a letter to Celestia asking her to send the royal guard to help me find him, but you know what? I had no way of sending it. I asked... no, I ordered everypony to drop everything they were doing and search for him, every single mare, stallion, colt and filly searched for him until they could search no more. It was only this morning that I stopped searching for him, and not because I wanted to because I was forced to.” She paused again to breath.

“Have you ever had Fluttershy... Fluttershy of all ponies...” she paused again. “I was such a mess that Fluttershy had to beat some sense into you. Do you have any idea what it take for Fluttershy to slap you? I mean really hit you? For your own good, of course. I didn’t, and I don’t think she didn’t either.”

“Fluttershy...” Spike tried to talk but could not since Twilight resumed her rant.

“And you know what I did? Do you?”

“Umm.. I...”

“I started working, and working, and working. I finished a whole days work in under two hours, and when that was done I rearranged all the books in the library, twice, then I started working on whatever I could. I planned the next five Winter Wraps Up’s, the next five Nightmare Nights, I ended up planning all major events in Ponyville for the next five years.”

“Twilight, I did...”

“And I would have started to plan the sixth year if Applejack did not dump all the ink in the house down the drain. Do you still want to know how my day was?”

“Twilight I... I...”

PreviousChapters Next