• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,417 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18 Where have you been?

Where have you been?


“He’s done.”

Zecora removed the lid from the cauldron, looking in she could see Spike lying on his stomach, his tail bent around him and his tongue sticking out. With a soft smile she reached in to pull him out.

She tried jumping in, but it was too high. She ended up landing on the edge of the vessel, air escaped her body as her organs moved from the impact, a jolt of pain passed through her, it was not much, just enough to make her eye twitch. She tried leaning backward, it did not work, she tried leaning forward but it had the same effect. She was perfect balanced, she was stuck.

She sighed.

Now stuck on the metal rim, she began moving her legs, trying use the motion to shift her weight, causing her to rock back and forth. Eventually she gain enough momentum and pushed her head forward.

*Thung* *Thung*

Two metallic sounds were heard when Zecora’s hooves hit the bottom of the pot.

For a moment she feared that she would land on Spike squashing him under her hooves, but she managed to stop her fall by grabbing the cauldron's edge with her hind legs. She gently lowered herself and stretched out her neck until her face was up next to Spikes neck, she opened her mouth biting him, lifting him up by his nape. She bent her knees and pushed herself up.

*Thung* *Thung*

She landed back in the pot. She tried again but ended up just like before, almost. This time her tail was in the pot tickling her back.

“This plan I must admit,
Makes me look like a dimwit.” Spike was still hanging from her mouth.

She let go of the edge, and after falling in she looked up. The end seemed to be far away, many hundreds of feet above. She threw Spike on her back and began walking forward, stopping after a while and then walking again in the same direction.

“It been such a long time,” She said moving one of her hooves over the walls, before taking two steps back.
“And there is a bit of grime,
But one of these days,
I will clean this maze.”

She turned to her left and tapped the wall, before turning to the right and taping it again. After waiting a bit she tapped them again in the same order, first the left then the right.

“Three one one one break,
One three and shake.”

She swiped her hoof over the wall, then knocked three times, paused, knocked once more and swiped her hoof again. The pot shook.

Without looking she picked up Spike again, and lifted herself on her hind legs. Her head popped out from the black cauldron, Spike dangling from her mouth. After placing her forelegs on the edge and pushing a little they were both out. She walked towards her bed, placed Spike down, pulled the covers over him and returned to the cauldron. After wiping a small part of it with her tail she bucked it causing a loud metallic ring waking Spike up.

“Ah!” He yelled as he jumped out of bed. “I’m up. I’m up.”

Zecora backed up nervously to the pot leaning against it and tapping it with her left hoof.

“What time is it Zecora? I feel like I slept for ages.”

“It’s still early my friend,
But home you must send.”

“Zecora seems distracted. And why is she tapping on that pot so quickly?”

“Hey Zecora, is something wrong?”

“Whatever do you mean?”
“Eighteen...” She said in a much lower voice as she tapped it again.

“You seem to be acting strange... er, than usually.”

“Nineteen...” She said quietly knocking again and again before calming down.

“Someday I will find a screen,
For this blasted machine.”

“Zecora?” Spike asked confused by the zebra’s behaviour.

Before she could respond they were interrupted by a flash of light that appeared between them.

*Poof* A puff of smoke could be seen after the light vanished, with a ponies figure standing inside it.

“SPIKE!” The figure yelled.

“Twilight?” He asked confused at her presence here.

“Spike where have you been? Do you have any idea how busy I have been? I've looked for you all over the place. What were you doing here anyway?” By the time she asked the last question she had calmed down.

“Hi, Twilight.” Spike said nervously. “I told you I was leaving for a while.”

“You were gone almost two days!”

“You said it would be okay.”

“Two days Spike! Two days.”

“In all fairness Twi, I did say a couple of days.”

“Spike.” Twilight lowered her head to his level staring at him and spreading her wings. Spike busted into laughter, he fell to the ground and rolled to his sides, tears were forming in his eyes.

“What so funny?”

“You... look like...” Spike could barely contain his laughter.

“SPIKE!”

“A chicken.”

“What?”

*Bhahahaha* Spike was having trouble breathing, Zecora started laughing too, but did a better job at controlling herself than Spike.

“Twi, when you started yelling... you spread your wings... and stretched your head forward. Just like... a giant purple... chicken.”

Twilight took a deep breath and brought her left fore hoof to her chest, and extended it as she expired. She folded her wings and turned to Zecora.

“I am sorry to barge in like this Zecora, but I was worried for Spike.” Zecora looked at her face. Her once violet eyes were now reddish, her mane was ruffled slightly with some split ends, her left eyes was twitching ever so slightly and she grinded her teeth as she spoke.

“He never disappeared from home for days without telling me where he was going.”

“I told you I was going to go play.” Twilight turned to look at Spike. He led out a short scream before she turned back to talk to Zecora.

“I am sorry for any troubles he might have caused you.”

She took a deep breath again and let it out, this time without the accompanying gesture.

“It is fine,
He did not disappear,
He has been here,
All this time.”

“Thank you Zecora. Now Spike, let’s go home now.”

“Spike a word if I may...”

“Remember what I say,
Do not transform,
Do not change into that form.
Without me or him beside you,
Because if you do,
With just a little shove,
You may kill the ones you love.” Zecora whispered into Spike’s ear, so that Twilight could not hear.

“I won’t. Bye.” He replied as he walked to Twilight,

“Sorry again Zecora.” Twilight's horn started glowing.

The two were engulfed in a sphere of light, thin bolt of purple energy rushing across its surface. One moment they were standing in Zecora tree hut, the next they were in the Golden Oaks Library.

Spike looked around. Books were missing from the shelves, the floor was covered in papers, scrolls, reports, files, forms and library cards.

Author's Note:

the nape is the piece of skin behind the neck

PreviousChapters Next