• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,419 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,419

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 The shaman

The shaman


The tea helped a lot. His vision restored and with his head not pounding anymore Spike could finally take a look at his surroundings.

Last time he was here he looked around very little until he took everything that was not the tree itself and ran away with them. And there were so many things that caught his attention.

I the middle of the room a large black cauldron stood on some glowing red coals, Dim candles were everywhere, all across the walls and even hanging from the roof were hundreds of vials, a few were made from glass or some sort of crystal, some were made from clay but the most seemed to be organic in nature. Seed pods or hollowed out fruits he thought. Just like outside colourful wooden masks seemed to watch your every move. From place to place, between flasks or sometimes under them books could be seen, old books much like the ones Apple Bloom was carrying. The door handle was a large, possible iron, horseshoe, and above it a strange object stood nailed to the door. It sort of resembled a spider web surrounded by a wooden circle, coloured feathers hanging from it. Across the room from the door a bed stood by the window, yellow sheets with black dots cover it.

On the bed stood Apple Bloom her hiney was raised in the air and her head was deep in a pillow. Spike could still hear her sobbing. Zecora was next to her looking through her saddlebag. She carefully removed the jars of honey and pickles and placed them under the bed. She then took out the books Apple Bloomed carried over and put them on a shelf at hoofs length. Spike took a closer look. From the bag she removed a large knife. Its blade was twisted, it had grooves and strange writing on the blade, and the handle seemed to be made from white animal skin tied with string. The knife disappeared before Spikes eyes. She then took out the jar of white paste, opened the lid, took a sniff, let out a ‘hmmm’ sound and after a moment of deliberation drank half of its contents. Within moments her face turned green and she began coughing violently.

“You most surely did well,
But I am disappointed by the smell.”

She put the lid back on, and placed it under the bed alongside the jars of pickles and honey. There were other jars there at well, but Spike did not recognised any of them.

She walked over to Apple Bloom and placed her hoof on her forehead.

“Good.” She said softly not wanting to wake up the little pony.

“Is she going to be all right?” Spike asked.

Zecora nodded with a smile on her face.

“Now tell me my little friend,
What assistance may I lend?”

“Zecora you seem to know a bit about dragons...”

She nodded yes.

“Well you see Zecora... I want to become big and strong.”

“If bigger is all you need,
Why not use some dragon greed?”

“This is not funny Zecora, I want to become bigger to help my friends not to go on a stealing rampage... again.”

“I was not joking,
And I was hoping,
That you would understand,
That in order to be grand,
A bit of greed,
Is exactly what you need."

“But won’t that cause me to become enormous and scary?”

“Have you no ears to hear?
I have told you my dear,
That a bit of greed,
Is exactly what you need.”

“A bit of greed? So enough for me to grow larger and stronger, but not enough for me to lose control?”

“I see you seem to understand,
Even if your explication is bland.”

"Can you teach me?"

“I can teach you,
But you have no clue,
How difficult it will be,
So do you agree?”

“Is it going to hurt?”

She nodded yes again.

“A lot?”

And again.

“Is it going to take long?”

“I do not know,
How long is it going to take,
But progress might be slow,
Your body is going to ache,
But we will not be taking a break,
Until you’re done or you break.
Now knowing how it will be,
Do you still agree?”

“I do.”

“I see your spirit is strong,
Now let’s see for how long.”

Zecora smiled.

“When are we going to start?”

“For now you sleep...” Zecora picked Spike up and placed him in her bed next to his friend.

“Good night Zecora.” he said as he tucked himself in, making sure Apple Bloom was covered as well.

“... For tomorrow you shall weep.”

And on that positive note the room went dark and Spike went to sleep. Zecora’s last words echoing through his mind.

“Tomorrow you shall weep... you shall weep... tomorrow... ”

Author's Note:

I tip my had to anybody who can write a decent Zecora.

PreviousChapters Next