• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,415 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,415

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36 Welcome back

Welcome back


The markings were glowing. Apple Bloom was surrounded by golden mist, a copy of her had formed in the previously empty circle, while Imamu was still chanting in between the two circles. In the distance more and more green lightning fell, but no thunder followed. Then it all went dark. Nothing glowed and nothing could be seen. A sphere of darkness formed atop of the spell circle encasing Imamu and Apple Bloom.

Spike did not know if the ritual was happening as it should, or if something went wrong, and even if he did there was nothing he could have done about it either way.

“Please Celestia, let her be alright.” He could not move, he could barely speak, praying was all he could do. “Please be alright.”

From the cave Kirabo returned. His cloak was gone and his sword was drawn. When Spike had first seen it, it was clean and shiny, but not new, just well kept. Now, it was clear that he had been in a battle, parts of the blade were darkened as if it was burned, the edge had been chipped and a green viscous liquid dripped from it. With a flick of his wrist the liquid flew off and he sheathed the sword.

“What happened?”

“We had some uninvited guests.” Kirabo replied bluntly.

“Okay...” Spike got the impression that he did not want to talk about it so he dropped the issue.

“It’s almost over.”

Both their attention turned towards the sphere. Nothing seemed to change. They waited for a while for something to happen, but nothing did.

“Something is wrong.” Kirabo said walking towards it.

When he got close to it he was forced to jump backwards as the sphere itself tried to attack him. The mass seemed to be alive. Tentacles appeared on it’s surface, their ends sharpened, forming claws.

Kirabo drew his sword again preparing for a fight. The mass took a couple of swings at him, most of them were deflected, and only a few actually came close to hitting him, but he dodged them with ease. After an attack that he dodge by taking a side step, he lifted his sword and, with one hit he sliced the tip of the tentacle clear off.

The sound it made caused a chill to go down spike’s spine, the closest thing it could be compared with was a high pitched shriek of a dying changeling pupa. Two more attacks ended the same for the creature. Now with three of it’s appendices cut of it seemed a lot more careful with it’s attacks.

Now it’s movements were faster, and in quick succession leaving very little room for Kirabo to move and attack it. He did manage to land a couple of hits, but the creature reacted and managed to prevent any deep wounds. The battle dragged on for a while, with no side managing to get any advantage. The mass was constantly attacking while Kirabo was busy dodging or parrying its attacks, landing the occasional hit. Then it all stopped.

The creature stopped attacking. Normally Kirabo would have jumped at the opportunity and jabbed his sword into it, but, for whatever reason he did not.

Ripples, like those one would see on the surface of a lake, were forming on the the surface making the whole thing to distort and convulse violently, almost like it was having a stroke, or it was in a great deal of pain. Despite all the implications, the way the moonlight reflected off its surface was oddly mesmerizing. While they were entranced by the sphere of darkness unusual movements, neither Spike nor Kirabo noticed that the sphere was actually growing, getting bigger and bigger, until it got so big, so massive, that it could no longer support its own weight, causing it to suddenly collapse inward, much to the surprise of both of them.

The implosion was violent, as the giant mass of black suddenly contracted to the circle where the blue pony shaped nebula was. It stabilised in that form for a minute or two, until it imploded once more, this time all that remained from the giant sphere was a black blob of blackness, the size and shape of a little pony, a filly.

Spike and Kirabo stared at the filly shaped blob. They only blinked when out of nowhere the thing finally exploded.

In its place now stood a pony filly still partially covered in goo. Most of it dripped dripped of revealing some of her features, a white coat with black stripes, a black and white mane and tail, as well as two bright cyan eyes.

“Zec...” *Cough* *Cough* *Cough*Spike wanted to yell after seeing her friend back, but all he managed were a few tones before breaking into a heavy cough.

“Welcome back Adanna.” Imamu said to her.

“Father!” Was all that she could say before breaking into tears and running towards the giant creature, tripping a couple of time, apparently not used to her new body. When she reached him she did her best to grab him with her little hooves.


Bonus image by Astringe (used without permision)

PreviousChapters Next