• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,417 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52 Let the dance begin

Let the dance begin


As soon as the first ray of light touched Kirabo’s eye, it took less than a third of a second for the stimuli to reach his brain and even less than that for it to react, sending a plethora of signals to the rest of his body. The dance began.

Kirabo was only an inch taller than Zecora, in her new filly form but the sunlight still hit him first, making him the initiator. Although, among the four of them only Imamu could tell the difference, Spike, Kirabo and Zecora saw the same thing, a charging simian heading towards a zebra filly.

As Kirabo charged his cloak flew backwards revealing his armor and sword, a rapier with a simple handle, firmly grasped in his hand. Two seconds. Two seconds was the time he needed to cover the distance between them, lift his sword and let it fall towards the fillies head.

Zecora knew the attack was coming long before Kirabo actually moved. It had always been his standard opening move; A quick dash towards the target followed by a diagonal over cut, top to bottom, right to left.

“She knows I will do this, I will swing wide then she will dodge,” Kirabo thought about his actions and how Zecora was going to react.

Zecora bent her knees and pushed herself to her left, Kirabo’s right, his blade passing harmlessly above her not even grazing her mohawk.

“Now as I recover from my swipe she will attack me from the side, but I will be waiting to grab her by the legs and pin her down.”

There lay the problem when fighting someone you knew all too well. She knew what he was going to do, and he knew what she was going to do, and they both knew that the other knew.

Zecora attacked Kirabo, but not in the way he expected. Instead of bashing him with her forelegs or bucking him with her hind legs she spat at him. From her mouth, a small spit covered bean flew towards him.

“What?” Spike cried as the move was made, catching him by surprise. Imamu just smiled.

Things tend to move much more slowly during a fight.

Kirabo didn’t expect such an... unconventional tactic, not from a filly and especially not from Zecora. She was always such a sweet and shy little thing when she was still small, he remembered. But the move was made and the projectile had hit him.

As soon as it hit, the bean cracked and small tentacle like vines sprung from it, grabbing onto his bright orange hair. Reacting, as anybody would when an foreign creature attaches itself to ones face, he grabbed it with his other hand, pulled it of him with no regard to the facial hair it held tight. After the creature was in his hand he tossed it to the ground and skewered it with his blade.

But no sooner had he claimed the green monstrosity that Zecora fired more of them, all shot with incredible accuracy. Most of them were cut mid air, some with his sword, some with the dagger he pulled from a hidden sheath in the back of his armor, one was gracious enough to miss him, and one was hit with the sides of his sword making it fly past Zecora.

Taking advantage of this he tossed the dagger towards the pony. It fell short. Zecora reacted by firing more of her rounds at him. Two were cut mid air, one was knocked to the ground and squeezed by Kirabo before it could sprout its vines but one shot connected. Having passed the blade of his sword it hit him in his shoulder. It instantly started growing and trying to immobilise him. With his free arm he opened his cape and while turning he used it to capture the creature. At the same time, he used his tail to pull out another dagger from his armor, before passing it to his hand after the creature had been contained in his cloak.

After receiving the dagger he wasted no time in launching it towards Zecora. It hit, barely. While the blade did not touch the pony, Zecora managing to dodge the blade that was heading towards her face, its guard did hit, right in the snout. The impact caused the blade to arc and make a small cut on her cheek before falling to the ground.

Zecora was opened to an attack. Kirabo made a dash for it, thrusting his thin sword at her. She noticed too late and could not fully dodge the attack. But turning to one side she did manage to make Kirabo strike her hard leathery bags instead of it penetrating her soft and tender little body.

She turned in the opposite direction causing him to lose his grip on the swords handle and the weapon was flung into the grass behind her. She continued her motion until she was facing in the same direction as Kirabo. With a surprisingly strong buck, for such a little body, Kirabo’s armor was dented slightly and he was knocked onto his back.

Zecora turned again, facing him, took a few quick steps closer, until she was in position so that she could lift herself on her hind legs and let her forelegs fall onto his head, hopefully knocking him out.

Both of them wanted a fast fight, but were prepared for a war of attrition. At the same time they wanted to reveal as little as possible, they had danced before, and they will dance again, probably for a less important reason that the fate of a dragon, or the second greatest title one could achieve as a member of the Black Sun.

Zecora rose on two legs and brought the other two down with more force than her little body should be able to produce. Her hooves hit, but instead of the hairy head of the simian there was only dirt beneath her hooves. Kirabo used his legs to push himself away from the path of her hooves. He jumped back onto his legs, forming a fist with both hands and knocking Zecora right on the top of her head, causing her to fall on her stomach.

Kirabo tried to follow up with a kick to the face, hopefully ending it, but Zecora recovered from the blow much faster than he expected and managed to move to the side so that Kirabo only kicked the air.

Now, with Kirabo’s guard down, and his slight loss of balance from the failed kick, Zecora’s head made contact with with Kirabo’s chin causing him to fall on his back again. This time he did not give Zecora the chance to continue her attack since as soon as he hit the ground he curled up into a ball and rolled until he was standing on all fours facing Zecora. With a swift movement of his hand he pulled out another dagger and tossed it towards Zecora.

She dodged and pulled a jar from one of her bags smashing it against the ground in front of her hooves. As soon as the contents of the jar came in contact with the air, they turned into a thick purple cloud concealing her.

The ground shook for a bit.

Kirabo pulled out his final dagger with his tail, making sure she could not see it as he hid it in the grass, and awaited her attack.

PreviousChapters Next