• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,398 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,398

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48 Morning Kirabo

Morning Kirabo


“Ikenna Kirabo chipo Otieno, it does sound nice doesn’t it,” were the last words he said before falling asleep. With his most prized possession safely grasped in his hands, and with the possibility of greatness ahead of him, Kirabo slept with a smile on his face.

Two hours, two blissful hours and not a minute more, was all he enjoyed before Imamu woke him up, informing him that a new day had begun and breakfast was ready.

It was rare for him to oversleep, it was rarer for Imamu to wake him up, it was even rarer for him to be waken up and at the same time to be informed that Imamu, leader of the Black Sun, had already made breakfast for him.

Before Imamu could inform him about breakfast, Kirabo had jumped out of bed and stood in attendance. Then came the odd piece of news that left him speechless.

“Come, I made breakfast.”

Four words, four words he had not heard Imamu say since he was an infant and Zecora was a filly. Those words hit him hard and he zoned out for some time, only his hunger, combined with the call of nature made him snap out of it.

When he reached the table he saw Spike rolling on it laughing his heart out. Imamu looked as confused as he was.

He looked at the breakfast Imamu made. A large pile of red gems stood in front of the laughing dragon, a large wooden bowl in front of Imamu, its contents a mystery for the time being, and a few leaves from, what he guessed was a nearby tree placed on top of large piece of tree bark covered in lichen was his breakfast for the day. He ate it, remembering to thank Imamu for the meal.

At the same time he was taking a closer look at Imamu’s bowl. It was filled with various fruits native to the Everfree, ants, crickets, and spiders. Some were bigger than Kirabo’s head, others were bigger than his entire body. Thankfully today none of them were moving.

“So... He is expecting a quick battle... Better not disappoint.” Kirabo thought after carefully examining the content of the bowl. It was a light breakfast, meaning that he still wanted to have room for lunch. After finishing his food, bark and all he returned to his room.

Upon reaching the room, he kicked the broken piece of armor away, and sat down near his bed. From underneath it he dragged out a chest. It screeched as it moved across the stone floor until it was completely uncovered.

Like most of the stuff there it was old, but it was in a better condition that anything else in the room. He placed both hands on top of the lid and slowly moved them to its sides, from there they followed the crack between the lid and the the rest of it until they touched two iron hinges that kept it close. With his thumb he popped them open.

“I really hope I don’t have to use it. But...”

The inside was padded with a midnight blue velvet lining, the underside of the lid had a large circular slice of opal in the middle, surrounded by a seamless mosaic of obsidian pieces. And tens of pearls were placed at seemingly random positions in the empty space.

Inside the box something long and thin was wrapped in what once was white, now turned yellow cloth, firmly tied with golden rope. He picked it up as one would an infant, and place it on the floor beside him.

He removed another yellow piece of cloth, revealing a black cuirass. The chestpiece of the armor had an winged shield, with a smaller sized circle as it’s heraldry, engraved on it. The lines were all very even and the only thing that stood out was the shield itself, which was slightly elevated from the rest of the armor. In the middle of the chest was a small circle, not bigger than a thumb, it was placed inside a heater shield (jousting shield) from with two feathered wings were engraved into the metal appearing to spread out from its sides and head towards the shoulders. Two more engraving went in the opposite direction, towards the sides where they connected to the two main leather straps that bound the two halfs together. There was very little elevation in the pattern, most of them were engraved onto the piece of armor, except for the central piece, the shield.

After carefully examining the cuirass he placed it on himself and sucked in his stomach so he could tighten the leather straps. He picked up his sword and tied the belt around his waist before taking a fresh cloak from the rack and tossed it on top of the armor, closing if with the bone pin he left on his bed before going to eat.

He picked up the long and thin object that he earlier placed on the floor, grabbing it by the middle before heading towards the armory to get the rest of his weapons.

“From today... From today you will be Adanna no longer... Zecora.” He said with a smile on his face.

PreviousChapters Next