• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,417 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16 Go (M)

Go


*Ding*

“Spike.”

*Ding*

“Spike, that enough.”

*Ding*

“Spike please stop.”

*Ding*

“Spike I am sorry.”

*Ding*

“I am sorry I said I am tired of us.”

*Ding*

“Spike I love you.”

*Ding*

“Spike I love you. Please stop.”

*Ding*

“Spike...”

Rarity had started crying a few days after Spike made his promise and he started searching for an exit, without stopping until she was out of the cave. The only time she was not crying was when she was asleep, but even then, sometimes tears would fall from her eyes.

Spike walked on, his eyes always on the wall. He never looked down, he could not. If he saw Rarity suffering he knew he could not walk anymore, he was aware of the pain he was putting her through, but it did not matter.

“It’s for her. It’s all for her. She will hate me for it, but I will get her out of here. I will make her happy. NO MATTER WHAT.”

”No matter what you say?”

“Who is there?”

“Spike what is wrong?” She asked when she saw him stopping and looking around.

“WHERE ARE YOU?” He screamed, the sound echoing through the cave.

“Spike what happened?”

“I am where I have always been.”

“WHERE ARE YOU?” He screamed again, this time it sounded more like a roar than an actual scream.

“Spike you are scaring me.”

”Why little one. I am in your mind of course.”

“TELL ME HOW TO GET OUT OF HERE.” Rarity could barely make out the words.

“But you said you were happy.”

“I AM NOT HAPPY ANYMORE.”

“Spike I am sorry. Please stop. Please...”

“So you want out?”

“I DO. I WANT OUT OF THIS INFERNAL CAVE.”

“Spike please...”

”Fine.”

“Fine?”

“Oh thank Celestia.” Rarity said embracing him. “Thank you Spike. Thank you.”

“But there is a catch.”

“What do you want?”

“I want you Spike, I want you to be happy.” Rarity was still crying but she was now crying tears of joy.

”One thing. Only one thing can leave this place. Everything else will burn. If you leave this place you can’t take anything with you. ANYTHING. Agree?”

“I do.”

“I do to Spike. I do love you Spike. Nothing else matters now.”

”In the middle of the room is a white pedestal. Step on it and the rest of the room will fall into the molten abyss below. Everything will burn. Nothing will remain. Nothing, except of what in on the pedestal. Only one thing can only stand on the pedestal, even one single coin will make it crumble. Are you sure you want to do it?”

“I am sure. I have never been surer of anything in my whole life.”

“Spike...”

”As you wish. Just remember everything else burns.”

“Rarity...”

“Yes Spike?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I love you more... I love you more than anything.” He said kissing her, before picking her in his arms. Walking away from the wall.

“Rarity?”

“Yes Spike?”

“Can I ask you to do something for me?”

“Anything Spike. Anything.”

He reached a pedestal, it was made of white marble barely a foot tall.

“I want you to stand here a while. And no matter what do not get down.”

“Spike?”

“I... I just want... To look at you a while. Please Rarity, for me.”

“Alright Spike. For you.” She said smiling.

“You promise?”

“I do.”

“No matter what?”

“No matter what.” She said happy that he stopped his endless wonder around the edge of the cave.

“Thank you.” He said placing her down on the pedestal. “Thank you for everything.”

He took a few steps back and found a large throne to sit on. It was made of solid gold, gems forming elaborate decorations on its sides, bright red velvet lining covered it. Spike picked up a large gem from a nearby pile and took a bite out of it. “Thank you.”

The room shook violently. The veins of magma and molten gold that were gently flowed on the walls now erupted violently. Piece of molten rock and metal flew in every direction, the fabrics and furniture caught fire, the mountains of gold and treasure started melting.

“Spike!” Rarity screamed as she saw the inferno that was unleashing all around them. She wanted to run to him but couldn't. A force field was erected around the edges of podium, trapping her inside.

“Spike!” She screamed again, the heat was making the air hard to see through. A green and purple shape surrounded by yellow, was all that she could see from her beloved Spike.

“Spike! Please, don’t leave me. Spike!” She was knocking on the force field with all her might, but with no effect. “Spike!”

Spike could hear every word she said, every movement she made, every tear she shed, and each of them hurt him more than anything he ever felt. He was holding the gem tight in his hand.

"Spike! Spike please don't leave me. Spike!"

“Darn it.” He said throwing the gem at the force field that stood between him and Rarity. It passed through like it wasn't even there.

“Spike!” She screamed again when she saw the gem pass by her. “Spike please come here. You can come in. Spike please.”

The roof cracked, lava was pouring from each crack making the room even hotter and hurrying up the melting of the gold. Parts of the floor were gone now, gold and magma were falling into a bright red pool of magma thousands of feet below.

When he felt the throne starting to melt he got up and looked behind him. Nothingness, burning nothingness, molten nothingness. The throne fell into the pool below barely making a sound when it disappeared.

The golden coins he was standing on were long since gone. All that remain was liquid metal that reach to his knees, slowly pushing him to the edge. He walked forward, every step he took felt like an eternity of pain.

Drops of magma fell on his head and on his back burning all the way until they dripped of his body, his tail was completely covered in molten gold.. The pain of losing his arm paled in comparison with the pain he was feeling now.

As he walked towards Rarity the floor behind him crumbled, there was now nowhere to go except forward or down into the abyss.

“Spike!” She yelled as she saw him wobbling towards her. “Spike please there is still time. Spike hurry.”

He shambled towards her, stopping within arms length of the shield.

“Spike hurry! You are almost here. Spike!”

He lifted his arm but stopped before it actually touched the shield. Fearing that it would pop if he touched it.

“Rarity I love you. More than anything in this world.”

“Spike please just a few more steps.”

“Nothing matter more than your happiness.”

“Spike don’t.”

“Nothing.”

“SPIKE.”

“Go. Be free.” He said closing his eyes as the ground beneath him crumbled.

“SPIKE.”

Rarity was getting farther and farther from until he could not see her anymore

“Go. Be happy.”

He could feel his entire body hurting, every bit burning, his flesh melting from his bones, his vision getting darker.

“It does not matter, she is safe.” He said to himself before darkness surrounded him.

*Ding*

Spike opened his eyes. Again he stood in darkness, but the heat was almost completely gone, he could feel something else, something mentally beneath him.

“Spike.”

“Yeah...” he said as if waking up from a terrible dream.

”Congratulations you passed.”

“Huh?”

”Stand up.”

“Why? I am dead aren't I.”

“No you are not, now stand up.”

“Cricket is that you?” He asked rubbing his eyes.

”Uh, yeah it’s me. Now get up.”

*Ding*

“Ah, I'm up, I'm up.” Spike jumped up, the sudden metallic sound scaring him.

”Good. Now just like before. Picture the cave you were in filled with gold, gems and other treasure.”

“I don’t want to.”

”SPIKE.”


"SPIKE!"

PreviousChapters Next