• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 4,435 Views, 598 Comments

Spike the Knight - vadram



Spikes fears the day Twilight will leave to fight for Equestria and never return.

  • ...
19
 598
 4,435

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40 Haze part 2

Haze part 2


The words, the voices, they were getting clearer.

“... you know... I am... you are.. always...”

“...sorry, but I...”

All was still black around him.

“Zecora?” Spike tried to say, but no sound exited his mouth.

“Zecora!” He tried again to speak but without success.

“Help.”

He opened his eyes, both his eyes, and his head started pounding.

“My head.”

At first all he could see was green, everything in front of his eyes was green. Slowly things were getting clearer, first came a blurry shadow, a brief light, then another shadow, still blurry, but a little less.

“Ah, think he’s up.”

“Apple Bloom? Is that you?”

Spike tried to move, he couldn’t. He tried to lift his arm, he couldn’t. He tried to turn his head, he couldn’t. He tried to blink... he blinked. He tried to move his eyes around, he could, even if it caused him some pain. He tried to speak again, he could feel his lips and his jaw somewhat moving, but no sound could be heard.

As more and more sense returned to him he could tell that something was not right. His eyes told him that everything was green as if he was wearing green sunglasses, his ears told him that everything was muffled as if he had his head under a pillow, his tongue told him that there was something in his mouth, something salty something not quite solid, but not quite liquid, his nose told him nothing specific, but something was off, and his body told him that he seemed to be in something, it was lukewarm, it could have been wet, but he was not sure.

“A noise? No. A tap? A knock? It sounds more like a tap than a knock.” Then another, and another. “Three muffled taps in quick succession, on... glass? Maybe. It sort of sounds like somepony tapping on a window, it sort of did... Dash? Is that you? Am I dreaming? Am I in bed? Am I?”

Three more taps.

“Spike?”

“Apple Bloom?” Again his mouth moved but no sound was heard.

“Oh, I see he is awake.”

“Imamu?” Spike asked but his mouth failed to produce a sound.

“He is indeed awake,
And he does not shake,
So I do believe,
You can take your leave.”

“He is not moving.”

“Apple Bloom?”

“Do not be scared,
While he is there,
In the square,
His movements are impaired.”

“Zecora?” still no sound.

“But won’t he drown?” Apple Bloom asked.

“There is no need for alarm,
He will come to no harm.
While there is no air,
A secret I will tell,
To live in the liquid he is in,
He will not need gills or fins.”

“Liquid? No air?” Spike started to panic, but he calmed down fast when he noticed that it did not seem that he was drowning. He seemed to be doing just fine, except for a nasty headache, the fact he could not move, and he could barely see.

“Now little Apple Bloom,
Of to school with you.”

“Kirabo will escort you to Zecora’s.” Another voice said.

“Yes Imamu.”

Hoofsteps could be heard for a while before slowly vanishing.

Spike’s vision had returned just enough to notice a greenish, filly Zecora looking at him next to the giant foot of Imamu, it too seemed to be a lot greener than what Spike remember it to look like..

“She really is like you Adanna.”

“Ha.” Zecora said briefly.

“Now think about it, she is impulsive, headstrong, a quick learner, and has the cutest little accent when she talks. Does it remind you of anyone?”

“I am not amused,
And you must be confused,
Apple Bloom and me,
As you can plainly see,
Have nothing in common,
Except the lack of a mark on our bottom.”

“I see you are in denial. Very well. You two are nothing alike.” Imamu said laughingly.

He took a couple of steps back before lowering himself to the ground so he could be on eye level with Zecora. Spike could finally manage to get a clear look at the creatures face. Despite the green that seemed to cover everything, his features as well as his colors were clearly visible.

He had two small, compared to the size of his head, bright orange eyes. A long muzzle, with a bright red nose with a red stripe down the middle of the bridge of his nose, and large nostrils. Except for the red line the rest of his muzzle was blue in color. The rest of his face was covered in long dull orange hair, a brighter patch covering his chin, it looked like a manticores mane.

When he talked some of his teeth were visible, they were very similar to those of a pony, except for a pair of oversized canines. In a way it reminded him of Nightmare Moon, or to be more exactly, as the way he imagined she would look like, since he fainted at the mere sight of her, leaving it up to his imagination to complete his mental picture of the alicorn.

“I think in a few hours he will be wide awake and we can let him out in day or two.”

“Only a day or two... Wait... A day or two! Twilight is going to kill me.”

PreviousChapters Next