• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 1,992 Views, 9 Comments

Finding My Wings - DaringDo-Productions



Fluttershy had always been the weak one, bullied and mocked. But she needs to find her wings, maybe with the help of a certain rainbow-maned filly.

  • ...
0
 9
 1,992

Finding My Wings (Part 2)

Rainbow Dash seemed exceptionally excited the next day during school. She sent glances to Fluttershy to see how her friend was faring, and was slightly confused on why the pink-maned Pegasus kept her head bowed and looked at the ground constantly. Unfortunately, none of their classes were together for that day, which meant that Rainbow Dash could only meet Fluttershy for flight practice after school.


School was rather uneventful that day, so it was understandable why Rainbow Dash was so eager on leaving her flight lessons to go to her meeting point with Fluttershy. When the rainbow-maned filly arrived, however, she was dumbfounded to find that Fluttershy—who was never late, in worries of disappointing somepony—was not there. Rainbow Dash frowned. Where could Fluttershy be? As if on cue, she heard the familiar soft sound of her friend. Rainbow Dash felt anger bubble in her as she heard Fluttershy sniffle, “S-stop, please! Don’t h-hurt me…”. She must’ve ran into Hoops and Dumbbell again. Rainbow Dash snarled under her breath. “By Celestia, I swear if those two dare to do anything to hurt her….”


Hoops and Dumbbell had managed to corner Fluttershy, who was cowering from them, trembling uncontrollably. Rainbow Dash felt the fury in her rise as she stormed towards them. “Leave her alone!” she snapped at Hoops and Dumbbell, giving them the scariest and most threatening glare she could. Dumbbell actually looked afraid, but Hoops just spread his wings threateningly, and spat at Rainbow Dash with a new burst of confidence, “Or what, Rainbow Dash? Or should I say, Rainbow Crash?” Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth. That. Was. It.


She launched herself towards Hoops and wrestled him to the ground. She pinned him down and glared at him, “I said, leave Fluttershy alone. Or you’ll regret it.” Hoops , who had started to panic since Rainbow Dash had managed to beat him, nodded frantically, thrashing. Rainbow Dash then hopped off Hoops, allowing him to go. And he did, hurrying away quickly, with Dumbbell following after. Rainbow Dash then turned back to Fluttershy and put her wing around the pink-maned filly comfortingly.


“Why do you stand up f-for me?” Fluttershy squeaked, looking at Rainbow Dash through her mane which was blocking half of her face. Rainbow Dash smiled as she helped Fluttershy up, “Because we’re friends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I can’t really give you any motivation, since you say you don’t have any flight-goals…” Rainbow Dash frowned at Fluttershy, deep in thought as Fluttershy looked down in embarrassment. “Why not you just try your best, and do a free flight, okay?” Rainbow Dash offered, smiling warmly. She looked at Fluttershy, and gave her friend a wing-hug, “Just believe.”


Fluttershy stood at the edge of the cloud, breathing frantically and worriedly. “You can do it!” Rainbow Dash cheered, from somewhere behind her. On three… Fluttershy murmured to herself, One, two, three! The filly felt herself plunge down, her eyes still squeezed shut, refusing to open. Fluttershy started to feel that horrid, pressurizing feeling again. Oh no...


She screamed as her eyes flew open, causing her to panic even more. “Fluttershy! Fluttershy, listen to me!” Fluttershy heard Rainbow Dash yell from above her. She forced herself to look up, where her friend’s head was popping out from the cloud, prepared to save her in case she needed help. “Flap your wings, Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash shrieked, “Just believe in yourself!”


Fluttershy felt her eyes start to close, and for some reason she could feel Rainbow Dash’s familiar warmth beside her. Rainbow Dash’s wing was wrapped around Fluttershy’s side in a hug. Fly, Fluttershy. You can do it, all you have to do is believe in yourself. Find your wings.


Fluttershy’s eyes flew open. Her wings. Her friend. Rainbow Dash was her rock, her friend, a shoulder to cry on, everything. Believe in yourself Fluttershy told herself, For Rainbow Dash. Slowly, she felt her wings start to spread, and before she knew it, they were flapping furiously, managing to keep her in the sky.

“You did it!” Rainbow Dash cheered, flying towards her. The rainbow-maned filly smiled at her warmly, and engulfed her in a hug mid-air, this time using her hooves. “You believed.” Fluttershy just hugged Rainbow Dash even tighter, thanking Rainbow silently in her head. Thank you for helping me to believe. Thank you for helping me find my wings. Thank you, for being my wings.

Author's Note:

Do you need anything with that cheese? That's right, cheesy story. But I had to update. It's late now, gotta go. Leave a comment and vote up, please? :3 It would be lovely if I could get 20 likes. *hint hint*

Comments ( 4 )

Ya got 18 likes :ajbemused:
Can I have some crackers with this cheese?

I love this story so much! I love this cheese. :heart:

omg i knew it was based on the song, it one of my fave songs! im glad you turned it into a story!!!!:heart:

Full review here, but in brief: this should be tagged [Slice of Life], not [Random]. As such, it has some nice bits with Rainbow protecting Fluttershy and a cute ending. Everything happens much too fast, though.

Login or register to comment