• ...
3
 17
 1,255

Chapter 1: Mysterious Mare

The night sky is pouring down hard in the town of Ponyville. The pegasus ponies really outdone themselves tonight. The young purple unicorn in the library stands near the window and stares out into the rain. She completely forgets everything else that was going on around her at the moment.

“Twilight!” The unicorn jumps from her seat and turns around. Her little dragon, Spike, had called her. “Twilight, will you stop looking out the window and help me put away the books that you always forget to put away?” He points towards the 15 books stacked on top of each other in 20 piles.

“Sorry Spike,” she tells him, and looks through the window again. “Whenever I look out in the rain, I would always lose my train of thought.” Twilight loves the rain. She loves seeing each and every droplet fall towards the ground. She loves hearing the droplets splash on the ground, making their own rhythm. Though, Twilight hates it when she it pours down on her when she’s reading outside.

“I know Twilight,” Spike sighs. “I know. Now can we get to putting these books away? I don’t want to do it later.”

Twilight lets out a soft giggle and walks over towards him. “Sure thing Spike.”

The two get started on cleaning up. Spike took hold of three books and walked over to a shelf and stacked the books into their rightful spots. Twilight walks over to the window she was near and levitates four books up in the air. She takes a little glimpse out the window and sees something sticking out from the ground.

“Why would somepony be outside on a storm?” she mutters softly to herself. “Wait a minute….” She takes a closer look out the window, her eyes widen and she drops the books. “Somepony is unconscious out in the rain, Spike!” She turns her head back to him. “Hurry and get my two rain coats!”

Spike only groaned. “Do I have to….”

“Spike, please, that pony could be hurt!”

“We’re never going to get this place cleaned up, are we?” he mutters. The little dragon walks over to the closet and pulls out Twilight’s purple raincoat and an extra that Rarity made for her a while back. ”Here Twilight,” he tells her as Twilight puts on her coat and levitates the other.

“Thank you Spike, I’ll be right back.” She opened the front door and walked out. She sees a lightning bolt almost hit the unconscious pony. “Oh Faust…I have to hurry!” Twilight gallops towards the figure. The horn on her head glowed a light purple color then, a magical, purple shield surrounds the two ponies. Lightning strikes against the shield but the shield bounces the bolt off into another direction.

Twilight tries to get a glimpse of the pony that she was about to save. Twilight could see that the pony appeared to be a mare and the cutie mark of the pony looked like a star. The sounds outside her shield sounded like it was getting worse. Fearing that the shield may not last much longer, Twilight moves her head under the unknown pony’s body and moves her up onto her back.

“W-wow, how is this pony heavier than my other friends?” she asks herself. The unicorn quickly took the mare back into the library and busted the door open. “Hurry and fetch me a towel Spike, quickly!” Twilight runs to the guest bedroom and gently lays the mare onto the bed, not caring if she is filling the bed with water. “Where’s the towels, Spike?!” She feels the mare’s forehead with her hoof and silently gasps. “She’s getting a fever...” she whispers.

Spike runs into the room with three sheets of towels. “Don’t scream anymore! I’m here, I’m here!” Spike passes one of the towels to Twilight; she levitates it and hovers it over the mare. “Whoa…who is this pony? I’ve never seen her before, Twi.”

“I don’t know…I haven’t even seen this pony either…” she says.

Twilight took this chance to examine the young mare. The little pony seemed to have noticed how the mare was an alicorn, however…the mare looks so unusual. The alicorn’s whole body is all shaded black with parts of the body having smudges of green spots. She had one on her forehead, her front left leg, front half of her neck, and her whole lower half of her body. ‘Why does green somehow…look so good on her…?’ Twilight thinks to herself.

The mare’s main and tail were really long, a light green color with a darker green highlight to compliment her body’s color. But what made her unusual was that she had a broken green unicorn horn, pair of green dragon wings, and little horns on the sides of her head. Twilight couldn’t help but to keep staring at the mare.

“Twilight,” Spike’s voice made the young unicorn turn away from the mare and turn her head towards him. “Aren’t you going to dry this pony before she gets even sicker?” Remembering what she was supposed to be doing, she gently dries off the wet alicorn’s fur. “I’ll go get some medicine,” Spike tells her as he leaves the room.

Twilight covers up the alicorn with the dry bed sheets to warm her up. “There…now she can finally rest up.” The alicorn moves around under the covers and soon relaxes her muscles. ‘Why was this pony in the storm like this…?’ Twilight gets up from her seat and walks into the kitchen.

Glancing around the kitchen, she was trying to find a cloth for the alicorn. After searching the cabinets for a few minutes, she finds a clean cloth in the dish cabinet. “This is perfect,” she whispers to herself. The unicorn levitates the cloth up to the sink and turns on the faucet. “You know…why would there even be a kitchen in a library?” She wets the item with cold water and squeezes out all the water within the cloth. After turning off the faucet water, Twilight quickly gallops back into the guest room. She folds the cloth into a rectangular shape and gently places it on the alicorn’s forehead. “This should keep the temperature from rising any more….”

Spike ran back into the guest bedroom with a cup of water and a bottle of medicine. “Here Twi, sorry I was late, I was having a hard time finding it.” Spike sees that the alicorn looks really relaxed and happy in her sleep. “Hey Twilight…I think she’s fine, I don’t think she needs more medicine or fever reducing items anymore….”

“Nonsense Spike, besides, this pony needs it. If I don’t tend to her fever, it might grow worse and worse.” The young unicorn somberly lowers her head a bit. “And it would be my fault for failing her. I don’t want to have the guilt of losing a pony because of my negligence.”

“Geez Twilight, I’m not trying to be mean or anything here but you don’t know this pony. Who knows if she’s a bad pony or a good one? I don’t even think she’s from Equestria.” Spike looks over at Twilight. “You don’t know her…why should you even care that much?”

“To be honest Spike, I don’t really know,” she tells him. “I just have this feeling inside that makes me want to help her out very badly.”

“Is it because she is sick? That’s why you have that feeling of helping her so much?”

“No…it is something more than that.” She smiles softly and looks at him, “Besides, it is the right thing to do, don’t you think?”

After replying to him, they both sat in silence for the rest of the night. Spike couldn't stay awake after 8 o’clock because he was still too young to stay up even later. He fell asleep in the chair beside Twilight. As for Twilight, she continued to stay awake, the young unicorn decided to stay up as long as she could to stay at the alicorn’s side.

Author's Note:

This is my first pony story so it might not be good

Comments ( 17 )

I think I might see Chryslight in the future, judging by the characters and tags, which makes reading this obligatory. However, there are some serious technical issues plaguing this piece. By the gods man, figure out your tenses! The constant leaping back and forth between past and present tense made my head hurt, and pretty thoroughly shattered any chance of immersing myself in the story. I'd try and find an editor if I were you, before you post the next chapter.

Seriously hoping for Chryslight in the near future though. If you're just getting my hopes up with those tags, I will be very disappointed...

I genuinely enjoyed it.
Although ^ is right, you should go back and check your tenses... Other than that no major issues, I look forward to seeing this continue...

2134221 if you know anyone that can be an editor for me you can let me know cause I have no idea where to find one.
And don't worry, she will be in it, I am not gonna put a tag of her and not fully bring her into this story. That would be just stupid of me if I did

You have piqued my interest my good author. I love Chrysalis fictions, especially ones shipping her with Twilight (I don't think there is a completed one anywhere though). There are so many ways that this fanfiction go in the next few chapters and I shall eagerly await the updates. Continue onward my good author and bring more Chrysalis into the world.

Excellently plot, details, and grammar. Thumbsupfor me and a favorite:raritywink:
P.s. maybe you can read my story my day in ponyville

2135451

There actually are several completed ones lurking about. You can find them in the Chryslight group.

2135325

I'd recommend finding the "proofreaders and people willing to proofread" group. You'll find plenty of people willing to do it there.

Oh, and just to confirm... Will there be a Chrysalis/Twilight shipping? Because the potential for that is what drew me in.

2135533 3 things
1. Just to clarify, yes, there will be a Chrysalis and Twilight shipping (won't spoil anything more :P)
2. I found a proofreader to help me with the story
and 3. guess I should write that this is a Chrysalis/Twilight thing should I

2137825

Yes, you probably should. Also, now that I have confirmation of Chryslight, I can add this to the Chryslight group! Yay for content!

If you wan't I can help with the proof reading, i'm seeing a few things that could be improved with a little editing but other than that Beautiful start.:twilightsmile:

2139348 That would be nice. Is it okay if I have more than 1 proofreaders or only 1 is better?

GOOD GREAT COOL FANTASTIC "MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!"

2137842 There's a group for Chryslight?

2324894

Indeed. Chryslight is awwright! Or something like that. You can get to it from my page.

2325169 very nice. Thanks for letting me know

2325204>>2325169

There is also

Queen Chrysalis's Feeding Ground

Villians of Equestria

The Hero...Queen Chrysalis

For more Changeling stories (Which obviously includes best queen)

Login or register to comment