• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 809 Views, 12 Comments

Ponymon: Moon and Sun - Scourgeous



It's every ten year old's dream to be a Ponymon trainer. Gotta Love Them All!

  • ...
7
 12
 809

The Journey Begins

Canterlot City. Who would of guessed that overnight I could go from being just another kid on the block to someone with their whole life ahead of them, one I was to share with my Ponymon. I glanced ahead at Blue, who was a few steps ahead of me, and walking at a slightly faster pace, the distance between us gathering as time ticked by. He seemed rather unnerved, rushed to get away from me. I didn't understand at first, but he was my rival. I had to expect him to be edgy.

I stared around, taking deep nervous breaths of the morning air. Grass fronds leaped up on either side of the path, and trees provided shade from the sun high overhead. I longed to go running into the long grass, but I was barely ready to be ambushed by wild Ponymon.

"Blue... can we stop and have a look at our Ponymon?"

He stopped, then turned at me with a smirk. "You can, Red. But I'm heading straight to Canterlot City. I have stuff I have to do. Smell ya later." He turned without letting me reply and hurried off even fast than before.

I blinked, then let my bag slump to the ground. I dug around in its contents, full of things I probably wouldn't need, but mom was convinced she needed to pack as much as possible. My hands found the smooth, cold PonyBall's, and I pulled them out and set them on the dirt path. I sat beside them and my bag, crossing my legs. Many moments passed, me just staring at them, a little unsure of how to go about this.

Eventually I reached out, clasped the first ball my fingers touched in my hand, and pressed the button in the centre, throwing it up in the air. A beam of colorful light shot out in all directions, mostly over my and the surrounding ground. I held up my arm to shield my arms, and I skid back as a creature appeared in front of me. A lavender colored Ponymon with long navy hair stood in front of my, sniffing nervously at things around me. Her eyes were wide with wonder, and when they met mine, she froze with fear.

"I-it's okay. I won't hurt you." I said quietly, words catching in my throat.

She sniffed me, then began to mouth my bag. I looked her over, taking in her deeper features. She had darker feet than the rest of her body, and a small horn protruded from her forehead. There was a gold ring around the base of the horn, and it sparkled gently.

Careful not to spook her, I reached for my Ponydex, which had slipped out of my bag as she picked it up with her mouth. I flipped the lid open, and held back a gasp of surprise as it lit up instantly.

Twilight, the Magic Ponymon. Twilight are easily scared and care must be taken during their training.

Slowly standing, I saw she only came up to my knee. She trotted towards me, abandoning the bag and proceeding to nibble my jeans. I chuckled and leaned down to pet her head. I wasn't sure if she let me because she trusted me enough, or because my clothing was too interesting to jump away from. I ran my fingers through her silky mane, then glanced at the second ball, still cast aside on the ground.

I tried to reach around Twilight, but she leaned up and tried to chew my nose. I pushed her back with one hand and reached for the ball, but she scuffled forward at my touch, and I tripped forward, straight over her and onto the ground ahead. Oak sure was right when he said this wasn't going to be easy. I could barely get to see my Ponymon without getting so head over heels; literally.

Finally managing to get my hands on the PonyBall, I scrunged up in a ball and held it tighter. I listened ever so intently, but I couldn't hear anything over my own breathing. I peered around, panic rising as I struggled to see Twilight. I prayed she hadn't run off. How would I explain that to Oak? First day on my Ponymon Adventure and I'd already lost one of them. What a failure.

Suddenly, up ahead I heard something rustling in the grass. There was a cry, one of a Ponymon, and I knew instantly that it was Twilight. I ran to the sounds of her anguished 'Twi, twi!', the second PonyBall in my hand. I grew colder on the inside as I got closer to the sound, throwing myself through the long, wild grass. I couldn't see her anywhere. Then I saw a flash of black. And another. Something hit me in the back and I went staggering forward as a third and final flash whizzed above me.

Three Ponymon, charcoal gray, almost black, had leaped past me, hissing and spitting. They pounded through the grass, hooves hitting the ground that made it vibrate. I rushed after them, terror clawing at me from the outside in. What would they do to Twilight? I threw myself past a tree, grabbing one of its branches to save me from sliding over with the sharp turn. On a patch of shorter grass between the bushes and the undergrowth, Twilight was writhing in the soil, four of the foul creatures swarming over her.

"Twilight!" I yelled, running towards her, but one of them let go and snapped at me, causing me to fall back, the unopened PonyBall sent flying from my hand.

It bounced on the grass and opened, letting out the same aura of light, blinding me for a few seconds before my second Ponymon was revealed. In the same amount of time it had appeared it was gone with a flash of rainbow color. For a dreaded moment I though all of my hope had drained away into the ground. Wild Ponymon were threatening me and Twilight, and my last Ponymon had fled the scene. Then with a gust of wind, it was back, landing on the ground heavily and letting out a touch snort.

This sky blue Ponymon was something completely different from the shy Twilight still wiggling under the other Ponymon I had yet to identify. It had small compact wings on its back, a flowing rainbow colored mane and tail that was slightly frizzy, and a gold strip across its forehead like a headband, rather like the one on Twilight. Rainbow.

I would of grabby my Ponydex, but I'd left that and my bag back on the track. All I had was myself and my Ponymon. I wasn't going to give in!

"Rainbow, use Tackle!" I yelled, pushing myself onto my knees.

She darted forward, bucking out her hind legs and charging full speed towards the imposters. Her head struck one and sent it bowling backwards. With a triumphant cry, she whirled around, eager for more orders that I felt too slow to give.

"Uh... Rainbow, use... Quick Attack!"

With equal speed of before she was off her feet, whizzing at the other two creatures who were trying to get themselves at Twilight, who was dumbstruck with fear. She smacked into one, which toppled into the other, sending them both to the ground like dominoes.

I summoned up the courage and jumped to my feet as all four Ponymon came slithering back, and I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Rainbow use Water Gun, Twilight use Psychic!"

The wild Ponymon froze in their steps as the magical light of Twilight's move sealed around them, and I glowed with pride on the inside to see her in a battle stance, head arched with her horn pointing right at them. Rainbow aimed, and let out a torrent of water, which sprayed me with droplets as it hit the creatures and sent them crashing into the bushes. I heard them snarl cruel words, then rush away into the depths of the forest.

As my adrenaline began to fade, I found myself feeling tired and wary. I glanced at Twilight and Rainbow, who were staring back expectantly, tails swishing. "Good job, guys." I breathed, then fell to my knees, greeting the cold earth as I pressed my cheek to it and dug my fingers in.

I felt a wet lick on my face, and Twilight was curling up next to me, her eyes round. Rainbow paced circles around us, looking superior. What Oak would of said about me leaving Blue's side just to get into trouble like this, I didn't dare think. All I cared about now was getting out of here and to Canterlot City, to the Ponymon Centre.

Author's Note:

The Ponymon will not look exactly like the ponies they are based off, so I don't expect to see comments telling me that Changelings don't have this or that, or Twilight looks like this etc.

Comments ( 6 )

2101870

Thank you! I'm glad you like it so far. :twilightsmile:

awe, twilight sounds adorable!:rainbowkiss:

2105677

I hope she does~ I will be drawing these Ponymon at some time very soon in the future! Stay tuned :raritywink:

Oddly enough, I like the changes and slightly different appearances. I personally found it odd that you made Flutter the flying type as opposed to Rainbow, but it works. I'm also looking forwad to seeing Ponymon evolution.

2105714

I made Flutter a flying type as to not have them both the same and be confused, and as to Rainbow is based off filly Rainbow Dash, and she hasn't always been the best flier, but I've always had the thought that Fluttershy would of taken to flying naturally. Also as you can see I had a bit of confusion fitting Rarity to a type. :rainbowkiss: But their evolutions will have double-types, and that will be where Rainbow takes on the flying aspect of things.

Login or register to comment