• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 809 Views, 12 Comments

Ponymon: Moon and Sun - Scourgeous



It's every ten year old's dream to be a Ponymon trainer. Gotta Love Them All!

  • ...
7
 12
 809

Setting Out

I awoke to early morning light spearing through a gap in my curtains. I wriggled around under the covers and pulled them up above my head. For a long moment I huddled there, until the air I was breathing was too warm for my liking and I kicked the blankets off, taking big gulps of the cold air around me.

Excitement started to go off inside of me like fireworks. It was my birthday! Yesterday I was just like any other average nine year old, but today was a new day. I was ten years old, and this wasn't any old age. Today I could start my Ponymon adventure. I'd travel to new places, meet new friends, and experience the thrill of all thrills. I sat there, legs curled under me, eyes wide with amazement. I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet, and today was the best day of my entire life so far.

"Red! I heard my mother calling for me from down the hall. I shook off my tingling sensation, staggered across my room and out of the door, racing down the hall to her voice.

She was sitting on the sofa in front of the tv, her hands settled in her lap gently. Her eyes shone with pride and I couldn't help wriggle with excitement as I bounded up to her.

"You'll be going to see Professor Oak today, huh?" She said quietly, moving so I could sit down beside her. "That's a big step you know. Being alone in the big wide world. Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

I met her stare, feeling more wise than ever. "I wont be alone, mom. I'll be with my Ponymon. And together we'll have the best adventures."

A thin, aged smile appeared on her face, and she hugged me tight until I giggled. "We'll visit, I promise!" I said, squeezing out of her grip.

"Then go, Red. Go get ready, and I'll be here to cheer you on. Tell Professor Oak I said hello, and have fun."

* * *

When I left the house, I'd eaten, showered and dressed, and said one final goodbye to mom. My red cap on, and my black backpack slung over my shoulders, I set out down the path, a skip in my step. Up ahead, I could see a small crowd gathering outside of the laboratory.

"What's all the commotion?" I said aloud, shouldering past a group of people.

"We wanna see Blue's Ponymon!" They squealed excitedly.

I dipped my head down so the shadow of my cap hid my face. I didn't want to be part of this group, obviously someone popular had gotten their Ponymon as well today. I struggled through more people and into the lab, looking around with nervous eyes. Mom's question echoed in my head. Was this really what I wanted to do?

"Welcome, young lad! You must be Red, the neighbor's son!" Said a man with very short brown hair, wearing a white lab coat, and a friendly smile on his face. Beside him was a boy that looked by age with spiked brown hair, leaning against a bench, smirking.

"Hello... I'm here to get my Ponymon." I said shyly, glancing at the boy.

The professor grinned. "Of course! See those six PonyBalls?" He pointed to the bench, where the PonyBalls were laid out. "You're allowed to pick two!"

"Hey gramps!" The boy sneered. "I thought you said I was getting my Ponymon now?"

"After, Blue! Be patient."

I shivered and looked them over. There were little notes with pictures besides each ball.

The first one read:
Twilight- 'The Magic Ponymon' Psychic Type

The second:
Rainbow- 'The Loyalty Ponymon' Water Type

The third:
Pinkie- 'The Laughter Ponymon' Rock Type

The fourth:
Apple- 'The Honesty Ponymon' Grass Type

The fifth:
Flutter: 'The Kindness Ponymon' Flying Type

The sixth:
Raribell: 'The Generosity Ponymon" Poison Type

Behind me, I could hear Oak explaining something about the land of Equestria. "Here we participate in double battles as trainers, thus why we always have two starters. Pick two, don't be afraid."

I looked them over, then reached for Twilight and Rainbow. Oak nodded slowly, smiling. Blue hissed and shouldered me out of the way.

"If your going to have them, I'll pick these two!" He swiped Apple and Pinkie from the table, looking cross.

Oak blinked, then shrugged and looked between us. "This wont be easy. You'll have to care for these Ponymon deeply. The fate of their lives is in your hands." He picked something up from the table behind him and handed them to us. "These are PonyDex's. They'll record the information of each Ponymon you encounter and catch. Farewell, both of you. Travel together to Canterlot City, and catch some Ponymon along the way!"

I glanced at my rival, and he glared back. I swallowed the lump rising in my throat and tucked the PonyBall's into my backpack without looking up. I was scared of travelling with Blue, but it was all in good luck. I was on a Ponymon adventure!