• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,096 Views, 39 Comments

A New Beginning - Bodacioslycrazy



When terror strikes and Twilight soon turns to stone, she puts hope in an unexpected place. A human.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,096

Cooridors

Dear Diary

I don't know what to do. Butterscotch won't talk to me. Ever since she woke up, she has been hiding in my closet. I even have trouble trying to get her to eat. I swear, she could starve to death, and I wouldn’t even know it. I just hope she isn't always like this. I need to get her to talk. She might know something.

"And that's how I survived World War 2," My grandpa said to me, sitting in his thick leather chair. "Wow, pa! That's amazing! I'm so lucky to have someone as talented as you!" I cheerfully replied. Pa looked up at my face, and although he smiled, you could see a hint of depression on his face. He spoke in a less enthusiastic voice, “Well, I don't have that kind of talent anymore."
I keep forgetting about pa's back. He’s had back problems for some time now, but I always knew him as a very lively person. It was weird to see him relaxing, and talking about stories from his life. But, those stories were plenty interesting, so I was still happy.

"There is one thing that I learned," He said to me. "You should not fear death."

I laid there on the carpet floor, staring at Pa with the biggest smile I ever had. This man was my idle. A true hero.
Or so I thought.

He reached his hand behind the fluffy chair and pulled out a fat, shiny silver pistol. My smile instantly faded, and my eyes widened. He pointed the barrel of the weapon straight at my face, so that I can see the bullet in the barrel. Panicking, I scrambled across the floor trying to escape. A sinister smile began to grow on Pa’s face, and his eyes seemed to turn blood red. As he slowly pulled the trigger back, those words echoed throughout my head;

"Don't fear death."

I jumped up instantly, and screamed. Suddenly, everything disappeared. The chair, the gun, and Pa himself vanished in a puff of smoke, like it never happened. Was I dreaming? I must have ben.

I heard a knocking sound from a distance. Sitting in my bed, I was confused for a moment, but my confusion left as I looked around and realized I was just in my room. Everything was normal. Well, not normal... Just... Nothing has changed. That’s a better wording. Looking out the window, I saw the darkness and realized it was still night. I could hear Butterscotch shifting through the closet. Should I check on her? No, I might wake her up…

The knocking sound came again. It must be the door.

I trotted down the stairs, still groggy from just waking up. I slipped going down the stairs, and almost started to fall, but luckily I caught myself before I got hurt. The knocking sounded once more. "I'm coming!" I frantically yelled toward the front door. "Hold your horses. Or... Ponies." I giggled at my own joke, but then realized how stupid it was.

Weirdly enough, I have already forgotten my dream. That happens all the time to me. A dream goes on and on, but as soon as you wake up, you forget it.

I walked up to the front door and grabbed the handle with my mouth, turning it open. As I was opening the door, my brain turned on and I wondered, who would be knocking at the door this early?

As the door opened, I slowly was taken over by the surprise that lay outside. Instead of being greeted by a person standing at my door, there was no one there. The thing that really confused me was the outside world. There was no more grass, no houses or roads. Everything was gone, and replaced by a giant concrete hallway. From the looks of it, the hallway went on forever, until the fog blocked my view.

I was startled. I didn't know what to do. What if I was still dreaming? "Maybe I can just close the door and walk away, and everything will be fine." I said to myself.

I closed the door and turned around, but as I started walking back I smacked into a concrete wall. When was there ever a concrete wall in the middle of my house? I took a step back, and re-examined the area only to find that the entire house disappeared while it was out of my view. All that I could see was this long hallway lined with endless stone.
I cuddled against the wall, terrified. My body shook from the cold. All I ever lived for just disappeared behind my back, without a warning. What is going on?

I stayed still for a long time; longer than I should have. I thought that nothing would happen if I just stayed here. And I was right; nothing happened. But that was the problem. I wasn't getting anywhere. Sitting in the middle of a dark alleyway isn't going to achieve anything. Plus, the whole purpose of a hallway is to lead somewhere, right?

After what seemed like two hours of staying still, I finally started moving. I could feel my joints crack from keeping them still too long. But I slowly stepped on through the corridor.

I walked for what seemed like forever. Every hoof step reverberated throughout the corridor. I started humming tunes of happy songs that I remembered thinking that they would make me happier, but I ended up stopping pretty soon.

Finally, I came to a fork in the road. The hallway ended, but split off into two more hallways going to the left and right.

This isn't what I think it is, is it? A maze? If this was, then I know how to get out. I heard a trick that if you put your hand on the right side of the maze, and just follow that wall, you will eventually end up at the end, even if it takes forever.

So that's what I did. I stuck to the right wall like glue, and slid along it, following it at every turn. At first, I tried counting how many turns I made, but after I got to 26, I lost count. The hallways went on forever, and my hooves were becoming sore from all the walking. But I stayed strong.

My journey was very repetitive, and I actually got used to being in the maze. My hooves hurt for a while, but the pain faded away as they numbed. My eyes adjusted to the darkness a little. Everything was starting to become natural. Then something changed.

As I was trotting down the right wall, I heard a faint sound. It's hard to describe, but it sounds like a 4 year old ravaging his birthday cake in the messiest fashion he possibly can. I became curious, for I had not seen anything so far on this trip. The sound reverbed from an alleyway that went to the left. My mind battled on whether or not I should stick to the right wall and continue, or go towards the sound. But eventually, my curiosity got the best of me, and I left the right-hand wall.

I went through the maze, turn after turn, following the noise as it grew louder and louder. The sound kept growing to the point where it became almost too loud. I kept trotting on and on like the planet never stops revolving. I thought I was getting closer, but the source of the sound was nowhere to be found, but I turned around one more corner. And that's where I found her.

It was Butterscotch. I didn't see her face, but I recognized her light pink hair and yellow coat. It's not something you can really forget.

Butterscotch's head was hunched over toward the ground, and it seemed like she was eating something. I did not recognize it through the darkness at first, but then I realized she was eating a body. A bloody, torn up, and shredded body.

Her head suddenly snapped to me like a dog locking onto its prey. I could see the blood smeared all over her face, dripping from her teeth, and how her eyes turned vicious, like a tiger.

I knew what was in her mind.

She pounced at me, hissing the most savage growl I have ever imagined. I was in panic. Time seemed to have slowed down, and my life flashed before my eyes. Is this it? Is this really the end?

"Don't fear death."

Those few words scrambled and repeated inside me head. For a while, I was confused. It was just a jumble or nonsense, but then it made sense. I know this is not what Butterscotch would do. I don't fear her. She is too shy, too timid.

She is too kind for this.

As soon as those words flew through my mind, my vision flashed bright white. Everything spiraled and faded out of my view; it was pretty much just tunnel vision. Then my view returned. I was staring up at my room's ceiling, lying in my bed. My heart pounded so hard that I could hear it, and my mind which was racing with insanity instantly became blank of ideas. I lied in the bed in shock for a second.

A startling sound that sounded like a whimpering dog made me snap back into reality. I saw out of the corner of my eye something climbing out my window. I turned to get a better view, but the thing jumped out of my window before I had a chance to really look at it. But what I did notice was the flapping sound when it left. Whatever that was just in my room, it had wings.

I confused for a long time. Was that a dream? Cause it felt so real! I tried to fetch everything that happened in my memory, but for some reason the memory already was swept away.

I went to check on Butterscotch. After seeing that satanic display, I wanted to make sure nothing happened to her. I opened the closet door to find her lying on the floor, sleeping like a log. She looked just as peaceful as before. I’m glad that nothing happened to her.

But something shiny that I had not seen before caught my eyes. A butterfly necklace dangled from her neck and it’s faint pink light filled my closet.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. School got the best of me. But i'm changing things up a bit, so whoever is still with me, your welcome!
Also, I have been trying to make longer chapters. Hope you like it!

Comments ( 6 )

Looking good :)

Yay, you're back. But seriously that dream was crazy I wasn't sure what was real or what was not anymore but then I think it was Luna's doing. I wonder why she did that to her?

1899640

Why do you think it was luna? Luna is not the only pony with wings.

1899850
Well it's been known that Luna can access dreams of others before it became canon and the only likely subject who can do that to the dreams is Discord...

Login or register to comment