• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,096 Views, 39 Comments

A New Beginning - Bodacioslycrazy



When terror strikes and Twilight soon turns to stone, she puts hope in an unexpected place. A human.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,096

Fanny Pack

Dear Diary

What is the point in trying anymore? There is a limit to what I can do on my own. Even with enough magic tricks to impress a circus, I still can't do anything worthwhile. I am only one person. Or pony... I wish I had someone that could help.




I decided to go back to pony town, or whatever it's called. There has got to be something in that town that can help me. But, Twilight's house is out of the question, sadly. So many books gone. Just gone. There could have been the answer to life somewhere in one of those books! I'm pretty sure it's 42...

I packed up a few items that I thought would be helpful. The "magic almanac" book, a flashlight, and a bag of goldfish to snack on. Not real goldfish, the crackers. I packed the few items into a small backpack. I picked up the backpack, about to put it on, but then I realized that I can't wear backpacks. I tried wearing the backpack normally, but on top of my back rather than hanging from my shoulders, but it just slipped of. Luckily I found a much better way to wear the backpack. I slipped both my back legs through the two straps, and then placed the straps on my back. I have officially made the first pony fanny pack!

Well, it was time to go to the opposite world.

I closed my eyes and tried to picture "Ponyville" again. Ponyville... What a funny name.

Before I knew it I was already there, standing right on the outskirts of the town. A completely demolished pile of rubbish lay right where Twilight's house was. Almost half of the debris was papers ripped out of books. After all of the destruction that happened to that house, none of that junk would be useful. I had to look other places. But I had no idea where to start! There are too many houses to look through, and who knows how long it will take for that crazy guy to blow up another house.
Remembering that voice I heard made me realize that anything could happen at any moment. It’s best to get started as soon as possible.

I started walking to the nearest house, a small one that almost looked like a cottage. It reminded me of the cabins I used to camp in as a little kid. I trotted along the checkered purple grass, bringing along the backpack that was awkwardly strapped to my body. While I was walking to the cabin, a small creature stopped me. A tiny white bunny. One of the cutest little bunnies I have ever seen! It hopped directly in front of my view, as if to gain my attention.

But, strangely, the bunny was not just trying to get attention. It actually tried to tell me something. It stood up on its two back legs and pointed off into the distance. I tried to look for what the bunny was pointing at, but I found nothing. What was that bunny trying to tell me? My question was answered then the bunny hopped behind me and tried to shove me in the same direction as he pointed. Finally, the idea that he wanted me to go in that direction popped. I went ahead and started walking into the blank area that he was pointing to, and he quickly hopped ahead to lead the way.

He led me through a large field of trees. To be more specific, apple trees. The apple trees stretched more miles, practically never ending! I could even see them looming over the hills in the distance. Strangely, the sunlight specifically illuminated a small garden of celery stalks. Weird.

Another interesting thing caught my eye. A castle was hanging off the side of a mountain, way off in the distance. Many torches lit up the stone towers and all of the colorful windows. Beautiful waterfalls fell from various pools. The place looked amazing! Only if I could live there. That would be a dream come true! Well, only if things weren’t so crazy around in this world.

I walked while staring in awe at the amazingly sculptured castle. A wooden door caught me by surprise and smacked me dead on the face. I should have been paying more attention to where I was walking. I turned to face the door I ran into, revealing a dazzling house with bright flowers and plants growing all over the wooden outside of the house. What an interesting house. As I looked around more, I noticed animals all around me. There were maybe a hundred different kinds of animals! It seemed endless how many animals were there, starting at me. But I pushed open the door and walked right on inside, ignoring the mob of creatures behind me.

Everything was dark inside. No Lights were on, and only a tiny bit of sunlight shone through the windows, but, my eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness. I stepped further inside, but slowly. Every one of my footsteps made the wooden boards on the floor creek, and moan. The wind whistled through the open windows, and made me shiver.
I took another step, but instead of feeling the hard wood floor, I felt a soft, squishy object under my hoof. I snapped my head down and was surprised to see a pony’s body! It was yellow with flowing pink hair, and had butterflies on her flank. Well, at least I’m not the only one with embarrassing tattoos on my butt... For now, I’ll just call her... Butterscotch. It seems like a fitting name. Anyway, from the way she was laying, she looked unconscious. I have to do something. This place is way too dangerous to be alone.

A loud boom startled me. I looked behind me, and out of a dusty window to see, but found nothing. Another boom sounded, but louder. Where was this coming from? Wait a minute... It's probably the same thing that destroyed the tree house last time I came here. I have to get out of here, ASAP. A third crash came, and a big puff of dust appeared out of the window I was looking through. I have to leave, now! But what about Butterscotch? I can't just leave her here? Well, I might be able to teleport home with her on my back... Times up. I have no choice but to just try.

I pushed my head under her body, and picked her up by lifting my neck. She was super lightweight, like packaging foam, and easy to carry, but carrying her and the backpack became a struggle for balance. Another boom smashed the door to the house, and dust filled my eyes. That familiar, evil voice came back once again,

“Peekaboo! I see you!"

I closed my eyes, and was instantly lying on the edge of my bed.

It was over, once again. I slipped out from under Butterscotch, and left her lying on my bed. She needed it more than I do.

I just realized that my fanny pack came to no use at all... What a waste.

As I started to get situated in my room once again, the voice came back into my head, but this time very faint,


"You can't run away for much longer!"


The statement was left in my head, leaving me staring blankly. It echoed, and faded away, leaving emptiness in my head.




I saved someponies life! I am very proud! Maybe I can actually have an impact for once. I actually did something! I just w-... Sorry, diary, I have to go. Butterscotch is waking up! Final note: I might actually have a chance now.



*****

Yes, I know that it has been a while since I have made a chapter. This chapter may have not been the best, but I will try to get back into it. And once again, I cannot stress how much I need your guys' help. If you find a mistake, or something messed up in my story, PLEASE tell me. Also, send this story among you and you'r fellow bronies. It will help lotz. Thank you!