• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,096 Views, 39 Comments

A New Beginning - Bodacioslycrazy



When terror strikes and Twilight soon turns to stone, she puts hope in an unexpected place. A human.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,096

A Glimpse

Dear Diary.
My mom found out... Well, I couldn't stay in my room forever! I was hungry, after all. I went ahead and told her everything. Well, at least everything that I knew. I was still confused myself. But, you could probably guess where my mother first took me.

My mom blabbed and nagged, spitting endless amounts of questions, each of which I did not wish to answer as we walked into the hospital, "Are you okay? Do you think you can walk without help? Do you feel sick?" I never knew you could be freaked out and annoyed at the same time. "Yeah, I'm fine mom," I responded.

The automatic glass doors quickly slid open, revealing a lady sitting at a small desk. She was tall, and frail. Her hair was a peculiar neon white. I never seen hair with such an odd hue before. Her hair was so bright and clear, the sun's reflection bounced off her hair and almost blinded me. She was old, maybe in her 70's, yet she still looked physically fit.

Right as the woman saw me trotting in the entrence, she recoiled back in surprise. As she was staring at me, she turned slowly to my mother, but still kept her eyes on me.

"We... We don't let pets in here... No matter how weird..."

I anticipated that this was going to be a problem. Going to a vet might have been a better idea, but I knew a way around this lady.

"Who are you calling a pet?" I shot out at the receptionist. As soon as she heard me talk, her eyes widened even further, completely stunned and thoroughly confused. I could tell by her face that she had absolutely no idea what to say. She stammered her words.

"Uh... Go right... Ahead..."

Just as I planned. I walked ahead and sat in a nearby seat while mom found a sheet to fill out information on. I looked around to take in my surroundings. Everything was white. Typical hospital. White walls, white desks, white plastic chairs, even the receptionist’s neon white hair. The only thing not white was the hard carpet, which was an odd assortment of shades of blue. The smell of chemicals filled the air, everything smelt, no.. it felt clean... Way too clean.

As I continued to glance around, I spotted people in other chairs, also waiting. Many of them were staring at me, with their jaws to the floor. Some were asleep. I even saw one teenager rocking out to music playing in his headphones, completely oblivious to the world around him. I could hear the screemo music blasting all the way across the room.

Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait long. I thought I was going to be in that waiting room forever, but, soon a doctor came, and called out my name,

"Kaylie?" At least someone considers me a human, rather than a pet.

We followed the doctor through the blank white hallways. The hospital seemed enormous. There were rooms everywhere, and the hallways seemed endless. I had no idea where this guy was taking us. But, he knew where he was going. I’m completely surprised as I watch him make a seemingly endless amount of turns through the hallways. Sometimes, not even looking up from his clipboard. I can’t comprehend how he could memorize this entire massive facility. Plus, whatever knowledge he has as a doctor.

While walking down the hallway, I saw a nametag on the doctor's shirt that read, "Jason." I don't know why, but that name stuck in my head.

Finally we made it to whatever room he was taking me too. I don't see why he could have taken me to one of the empty rooms out of the hundreds of nearly identical rooms we passed. Also, I was a little surprised I didn't see anyone on the way here. The hospital was practically deserted.

The room was small and simple. On one side, a bed looking thing, only with wax paper on top. On the other, a counter with wooden cabinets above and below it. And 2 plastic chairs in between, just like the ones we saw in the waiting room. Everything else was plain. White tile floor, white walls and ceiling, plus a glass sliding door and a white curtain to pull in front of the glass door for privacy.

I sat upright on the paper covered bed, crinkling it. Seriously, what was the point of this paper? My mom sat on one of the plastic chairs. I saw that she was worried. I was a bit too, to be honest. Jason was searching through one of the upper cabinets.

"Well, first thing's first, we need a blood sample." Jason announced.

Needles. That's the first thing that came to my mind. I was always deathly afraid of needles. I knew "blood sample" meant getting a shot. And, sure enough, Jason pulled a syringe out of the compartment he was searching through.

I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing that I hadn’t come to the hospital at all. How could I be so stupid to just let my mom take me here? I was bound to get a shot in a hospital. I just wished I was back at home.

Something happened. The feel of crinkled paper under me was replaced with carpet, and the smell of chemicals was replaced by fresh air. What happened?

I opened my eyes, and to my surprise, I was in my room.

I had gotten my first glimpse of magic. It was like I gained super powers! I could go wherever I want! I was already amazed, yet I had only seen a glimpse of what I could do.

----------

My fault for not saying this before... :P
Thanks to Vybol Seng for editing this one!