• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,096 Views, 39 Comments

A New Beginning - Bodacioslycrazy



When terror strikes and Twilight soon turns to stone, she puts hope in an unexpected place. A human.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,096

Up Side Down

Dear Diary.
My life just gets weirder and weirder. Turning into a pony was weird enough. Let alone, a purple unicorn... With a tattoo on her butt. I still can't get over that for some reason. Then, teleporting? Oh yea! I forgot to say that my mom freaked out. She called the police because she thought I was missing! Well... Now the public knows. And it's all over the news. This couldn’t get any weirder...



A shooting star streaked across the night sky. What a beautiful sight. Every night, I come out onto the rooftop of my house, and watch the stars. Because our house was on the top of a hill, you could see everything here. I almost lived my life up here! This is even where I write in my diary.

When I first started doing this, my mother was deathly afraid of me falling off. She would always command me to get off the roof. But now after being up on there so many times now, she even comes up with me to talk sometimes!

I kept looking into the sky, ignoring all of the crickets chirping. I sat there, trying to forget about the past day, Enough crazy things have happened today. I just want some time to relax, that's all.

Something caught my eye. It was the moon. Nothing special... Until it suddenly changed phases right before my eyes! Wait, that can’t be right..

I attempt to rub my eyes but end up hitting myself in the eye pretty hard with the sharp edge of my hoof.
Something was wrong... The moon seemed to be changing phases fast enough to be seen by the naked eye. What was going on?

Another wacky thing hit me, but this time literally. A piece of paper soaring through the wind abruptly slapped me in the face. At first I stammered back, but I didn't want to fall off the roof, so I instantly slammed my hooves on the shingles in an attempt to stay still. Thank god I didn't fall! After recovering from my near death experience, I went ahead and wiped the paper off my face and pinned it to the rooftop with my hoof so I could look at it. At first it was hard to tell what was on the paper because of all the scrapes, dirt marks, and the darkness of the night, but thanks to the shining light emanating from the moon, I think I figured it out.

It was a picture of some place very colorful. There was bright green grass, and beautiful dark blue mountains in the background. There were houses that almost looked like cabins, but bigger. One of the houses was a massive tree, with a door in it and windows all over. Supposedly, I could only guess this was a house of some sort, and a pretty cool one at that.
Plenty of ponies were walking about, trotting in and out of houses, or going to stands selling food or.. quills and couches?
All of the ponies looked so... happy!

I was so curious. Where was this picture taken? After all of the world history I learned in school, or in life, I have never seen or heard of any place like this. Plus, were these ponies living there? It's weird enough for me being a pony, but a whole colony of ponies? Something is not right.

But, the good thing is that I can teleport there! All I have to do is close my eyes, and pretend that I am... where ever this place is.

My curiosity could not wait. I had to check this out. Anyway, if I didn't like it, I could come right back home. Right?
I closed my eyes, and pictured in my head a land full of bright colors, and many ponies. I imagined every last detail that was in the picture; the stands, the houses. Even the tree house.

I opened my eyes, but what I saw was not what I expected.



Everything changes from one time to another. Every place, every person (or pony), every building. Sometimes for the better, or for the worse. But, the upside down buildings, soap roads, flying pies, and much more was way out of line. Not to mention, how there was no one around. Never have I seen such a beautiful town turned into a realm of darkness and chaos.

----------

Sorry that this chapter was a little late. School is kinda pinning me down. But, I'm still gonna write no matter what! :D